Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'm gettin a bad feelin about the draft....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
If this rumored Revis trade happens (which it more than likely will), that really hurts our chances of one of the guards falling. The Jets fans seem to think they'd go Cooper with one of their two 1sts which decreases the chance Warmack would fall to us.

I have thought for awhile now there is no chance either guard falls to us at 18. Yeah guards usually don't go high but it's different this yr. They could easily both be gone by 12

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see us going BPA in the first which may [inappropriate/removed] some people off cause this can be anywhere from hunter to austin to vaccaro then get warford and jones in the following rounds.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
I'm just curious...but would anyone be pissed if we traded up for Cooper?

Not at all (unless it would cost us a 2nd round pick again). Here's the way I see things....

The cowboys are clearly trying to win now. FA is still strong at OT but weak at OG. We need to add at least 2 pieces to the OL to have a chances of winning now. If trading up assures us of 1 of the 2 elite OG prospects and we can still land Clabo or Winston in FA, I see the OL as substantially improved.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll trust redball with the draft. He hasnt made me mad yet when it comes to his draft picks. Coaching is another story, but i dont think we need to be worried.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
matt79511

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little anxious. I don't buy for a second that two guards will go before #18, no matter how good they are and how weak the rest of the class is. However, I almost hope that they ARE both gone by 18, since I can't shake the feeling that they'll pass on the chance to pick one.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
I think people just need to prepare themselves for us going BPA at 18. That's assuming we can't trade down. If Warmack, Cooper, Richardson, Vacarro, etc. are all gone, don't be surprised to see us take a WR or whoever else is BPA at that spot.

I'm so excited about this draft because I have no clue what to expect. And while we can all legitimately question Redball's game prep or playcalling, no one can legitimately question his ability to evaluate talent in my opinion. He'll pick a player that will make a big, positive impact right away. This isn't Wade Phillips. When he was in charge I was afraid we'd do something stupid. With JG, I actually have full confidence that we will make the absolute most of our pick. Sit back and enjoy the craziness that is the Dallas Cowboys Draft Day!

Pretty much sums up how I feel. Redball's drafts have been fantastic in instilling a young core for the future. Also this is also the most exciting draft for me because I literally have no clue who we are going to pick unlike the last 2 years.

so you're saying you knew the Cowboys were going to trade up for Mo Claiborne?

There were reports before the draft they were trying to trade with cleveland. So yes it didn't completely caught me off guard.

Something like the Bruce Irvin pick is what catches people off-guard.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really starting to think we'll take a wide receiver in the first 3 rounds. We brought those types in for visits, we put in a third round bid for Gordon in the supplemental draft, and Broaddus has really started to push the idea. I don't like it, but I'm kind of expecting it at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
I'm really starting to think we'll take a wide receiver in the first 3 rounds. We brought those types in for visits, we put in a third round bid for Gordon in the supplemental draft, and Broaddus has really started to push the idea. I don't like it, but I'm kind of expecting it at this point.

You might like it when Miles pulls his hammy week 2 and then re-pulls it in week 7....

Just saying. I wouldn't be angry with it as long as we nab an OL and DL with the other 2 picks.

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want one of two things:

1. Draft Cooper or Warmack

Or

2. Trade Back

We can get a player that will really help up anywhere between 25-32

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
J_Rowskee_DC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been known to not do very well at trading down in the past, but this particular draft is somewhat deep at positions of need, and I wouldn'tmind at all, if we traded down this year. I, for one, would love to somehow get an extra second or third. 49ers have something like 15 picks this year...

Dallas 18 + 185 (917.4) for San Francisco 31 + 61 + 157 (921.6)?

Dallas 18 + 47 + 151 + 185 (1379.4) for San Francisco 31 + 34 + 74 (1380)?

thanks to Joe_is_the_best
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
If this rumored Revis trade happens (which it more than likely will), that really hurts our chances of one of the guards falling. The Jets fans seem to think they'd go Cooper with one of their two 1sts which decreases the chance Warmack would fall to us.

I have thought for awhile now there is no chance either guard falls to us at 18. Yeah guards usually don't go high but it's different this yr. They could easily both be gone by 12

I think Rex wants to fix the defense. That 13th has got Vaccaro written all over it.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
SICKemROY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i hope we don't pick Vaccaro. However I worry if we pass on safety at 18 the top three safeties will be gone by our round 2 pick.

Hopefully it unfolds like this:

1 OG or DT
2 S or DT
3 DT or DE
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

You might like it when Miles pulls his hammy week 2 and then re-pulls it in week 7....

I really don't know if I would. I looked at all 26 receivers picked between 18-47 over the last 5 drafts. They average 30 receptions for 394 yards and 2.5 touchdowns. I don't think anyone would be happy with that kind of production even if Miles Austin stayed healthy, much less got hurt and opened up playing time.

Most wide receivers picked in that range simply aren't ready to contribute early. I think it's far more likely that if Austin went down, Dwayne Harris, James Hannah, and Cole Beasley would get the bulk of those extra targets.

Tavon is my one exception, because I think he's a special player. And I'd only take him if we got wiped out at other positions. But to me, there are going to be far better options in the second round than a Terrance Williams or Marcus Wheaton.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romo2bryant wrote:
I could see us going BPA in the first which may [inappropriate/removed] some people off cause this can be anywhere from hunter to austin to vaccaro then get warford and jones in the following rounds.

What if Ogletree or Te'o are the BPA at #18? You gonna draft someone to sit behind Lee? BPA, IMO, needs to be a guide, not an absolute. If a guy that is available is head and shoulders a better prospect than anyone else available at that pick, then I'm alright with following BPA. If it's close, I go with the guy that has the best chance to impact the team soon. Once, you get past the first three rounds, the likelihood of getting a starter goes down significantly, so focusing more on BPA in the later half of the draft makes sense to me.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:

What if Ogletree or Te'o are the BPA at #18? You gonna draft someone to sit behind Lee? BPA, IMO, needs to be a guide, not an absolute. If a guy that is available is head and shoulders a better prospect than anyone else available at that pick, then I'm alright with following BPA. If it's close, I go with the guy that has the best chance to impact the team soon. Once, you get past the first three rounds, the likelihood of getting a starter goes down significantly, so focusing more on BPA in the later half of the draft makes sense to me.

Does anyone have either of them as a top 18 player?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: