Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'm gettin a bad feelin about the draft....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: I'm gettin a bad feelin about the draft.... Reply with quote

My gut tells me something bad is gonna happen like Warmack is gonna be sittin there at 18 and were gonna pick Werner or something. I just keep seeing the 2009 draft run through my head and it gets me nervous. Ah, I get like this every year. Last few yrs we got the guy I wanted. Dez, Tyron, but well see.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werner over Warmack wouldn't be life ending for me. We need to transition to the 4-3 and he was at one point a top 5 pick. However, I get you point. I'd be more worried of valuing Vaccaro as a 18th overall pick. Really any where but QB, WR and CB you could draft someone in the first round and have a possible starter.

Honestly the more I think about it and the closer we get, I don't se Dallas making a pick in the first and if they do it will be at the very tail end. I think they smartly trade down and aquire more mide round picks in a deep DL, S and Interior OL draft.

Me on the sig in MS Paint Razz
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
Werner over Warmack wouldn't be life ending for me. We need to transition to the 4-3 and he was at one point a top 5 pick. However, I get you point. I'd be more worried of valuing Vaccaro as a 18th overall pick. Really any where but QB, WR and CB you could draft someone in the first round and have a possible starter.

Honestly the more I think about it and the closer we get, I don't se Dallas making a pick in the first and if they do it will be at the very tail end. I think they smartly trade down and aquire more mide round picks in a deep DL, S and Interior OL draft.

I would take Vaccaro over Werner all day. Wener is not going to be all that great. Just cause he was mocked top 5 at one point don't mean anything. Spencer is much better than he will ever be imo. I would like to trade down but I highly doubt we trade completely out of the 1st. If we did that means we would get tons of picks.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: I'm gettin a bad feelin about the draft.... Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
My gut tells me something bad is gonna happen like Warmack is gonna be sittin there at 18 and were gonna pick Werner or something. I just keep seeing the 2009 draft run through my head and it gets me nervous. Ah, I get like this every year. Last few yrs we got the guy I wanted. Dez, Tyron, but well see.

If Warmack is there and we pass on him it tells me that Saban told Redball he isn't as good as advertised.

Any prospect from LSU, ALB, UF, Princeton, Redball has a pretty good connection with someone there. If we pass on players from those schools, its for a reason.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just curious...but would anyone be pissed if we traded up for Cooper?

^^^mack
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

It would depend on what it cost us. I don't believe we can afford to trade away picks. We need all the choices we can get.

I would love the player, but hate giving up picks to get him. Let this draft come to us. If anything trade down if the players we really value are gone.
Da Boyz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

I would be. As good as he projects to be with the depth in this draft you just can't give away picks, especially for a guard. We just need to let the draft come to us.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:

I would take Vaccaro over Werner all day. Wener is not going to be all that great. Just cause he was mocked top 5 at one point don't mean anything. Spencer is much better than he will ever be imo. I would like to trade down but I highly doubt we trade completely out of the 1st. If we did that means we would get tons of picks.

Completely disagree, Werner is a much better pass rusher then Spencer (in terms of actaully finishing and getting the sack) and plays the run well. Take him in a heart beat at 18, Vaccaro is not a good fit in the Tampa 2 imo

I'm shocked if Cooper and/or Warmack make it out the first 15 pciks and if we trade up for a guard we are saying screw value and drafting on need which is dangerous. And like I said, I think they trade down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHxSVDR-fQ

Me on the sig in MS Paint Razz
Tha King

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

As stated above,it depends on what we'd have to give up.If it was a few spots up(14 or so?) and all they wanted was a 4th,I'd do it.

Currently,the most I'd want to give up for ANY player is a 3rd rounder. (Which would be the elite talents that fall to the early teens,i.e Star,Floyd,Lane,etc.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally want Warmack, but I think Cooper is their guy. Throw him on the left with Tyron, and watch DeMarco Murray go for 1500 if he stays healthy.

Just look at the list of visits. In there sits probably our 1st and 2nd rd picks.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were able to move Spencer on draft day that would be the only way I'd be ok with drafting Werner or even Carradine for that matter. I just can't see us using a 1st on a DE when were paying another $10 mill for this current season.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people just need to prepare themselves for us going BPA at 18. That's assuming we can't trade down. If Warmack, Cooper, Richardson, Vacarro, etc. are all gone, don't be surprised to see us take a WR or whoever else is BPA at that spot.

I'm so excited about this draft because I have no clue what to expect. And while we can all legitimately question Redball's game prep or playcalling, no one can legitimately question his ability to evaluate talent in my opinion. He'll pick a player that will make a big, positive impact right away. This isn't Wade Phillips. When he was in charge I was afraid we'd do something stupid. With JG, I actually have full confidence that we will make the absolute most of our pick. Sit back and enjoy the craziness that is the Dallas Cowboys Draft Day!

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
I think people just need to prepare themselves for us going BPA at 18. That's assuming we can't trade down. If Warmack, Cooper, Richardson, Vacarro, etc. are all gone, don't be surprised to see us take a WR or whoever else is BPA at that spot.

I'm so excited about this draft because I have no clue what to expect. And while we can all legitimately question Redball's game prep or playcalling, no one can legitimately question his ability to evaluate talent in my opinion. He'll pick a player that will make a big, positive impact right away. This isn't Wade Phillips. When he was in charge I was afraid we'd do something stupid. With JG, I actually have full confidence that we will make the absolute most of our pick. Sit back and enjoy the craziness that is the Dallas Cowboys Draft Day!

Pretty much sums up how I feel. Redball's drafts have been fantastic in instilling a young core for the future. Also this is also the most exciting draft for me because I literally have no clue who we are going to pick unlike the last 2 years.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Pretty much sums up how I feel. Redball's drafts have been fantastic in instilling a young core for the future. Also this is also the most exciting draft for me because I literally have no clue who we are going to pick unlike the last 2 years.

so you're saying you knew the Cowboys were going to trade up for Mo Claiborne?
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this rumored Revis trade happens (which it more than likely will), that really hurts our chances of one of the guards falling. The Jets fans seem to think they'd go Cooper with one of their two 1sts which decreases the chance Warmack would fall to us.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: