Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your Top 5 Choices for the Giants 1st Round Pick
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Your Top 5 Choices for the Giants 1st Round Pick Reply with quote

It's less than a week until the draft, and it's time to see who everyone is looking for in the first round. Post your top 5 players, in order. I wouldn't put anyone like Ezekiel Ansah in your rankings, but I'll let you be the judge of whether you think the draft prospect will be there at 19. Anyways, here is my top 5:

1. Tank Carradine, DE, FSU
After his 4.75 (1.63 10 yard) forty today, he assured his first round status. He's got a chance to be the best DE from this class. Perfect complement to JPP. I don't think he would be considered a reach at 19, but some may disagree.

2. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
There's obviously a need for some new, young talent on the offensive line. While many want a tackle, I think guard is the more long-term concern. Boothe was brought back on a one-year deal and Snee said he will be contemplating retirement after every season for the rest of his career. Warmack could come in and start day one at either guard spot.

3. Jarvis Jones, DE/LB, Georgia
Most pegged Jones as only a fit in a 34 defense in the NFL because of his slim build. Honestly, I think he is a better fit as a 43 SLB. His game-speed is much better than his timed speed and it shows on tape. He's just a playmaker. The Giants could use him in the Kiwi-role playing SLB on two-downs and then RE on 3rd. I think this would bring out the most of his talents. I could see a poor mans Von Miller in this defense.

4. D.J. Fluker, OG/OT, Alabama
If the Giants can't get one Alabama offensive linemen, they might as well go after the other one. I'm not really a fan of Fluker at RT, but he would be a NASTY guard. Put him in a phone-booth with a defender and he is going to dominate with his strength. He would play RT from day one, but I'd want him as the future replacement for Snee at RG. He'd be paving holes for David Wilson for years. Honestly, I think Fluker may have a higher ceiling at guard than his teammate Warmack.

5. D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston
Okay, this is the reach of my selections. Hayden's draft stock has taken some incredible turns, mostly because of the fact that he almost died from an injury suffered in practice. He's 100% healthy and a dominant corner. He can play in multiple coverages and has a knack for the big play. Would be an awesome duo with Prince and could be the next shutdown duo in the NFL. The Giants have a lot of bodies at CB right now, but the only one's with any potential are Prince and Hosley. There needs to be some more replenishment,

Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodes
Carradine
Eifert (I know it won't happen, but I got a crush on him)
Ogletree
Warmack
ESKY008

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmack
Trufant
Fluker
Werner
Jones
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eifert
T'eo
Jones
Warmack
Sheldon Richardson
In no order

And I promise you we're going honey badger rd 2
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're being realistic...

1. CB Xavier Rhodes
2. RT DJ Fluker
3. OG Chance Warmack
4. DT Sheldon Richardson
5. OG Jon Cooper

I guess there is a chance none of them will be there. In that case, I'd trade down.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
kitchenbags

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluker i want fluker
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
Werner

I'm not sure I want Werner anymore, even though some still think he's a top 10 player. I'm not sure he's what the Giants look for in a DE. Looking at some of our former draft picks at DE, the Giants like length, size and quickness. Guys that are freaks of nature. JPP was ridiculous in every way. Osi had a ridiculous first step. Kiwanuka is extremely long. Then you look at Werner's weakness on his scouting report from NFL.com
Quote:
Lacks elite length for the position and doesn’t have the natural start/stop explosion of some pass rushers

Doesn't really fit the Giants mold judging by previous draft picks.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
And I promise you we're going honey badger rd 2

I promise you, we are not. Mathieu is a 3rd-4th round value and can't play on the outside in the NFL. He's got too many limitations in his game to be a 2nd round pick. And that's not even factoring in all of the character issues...
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like a corner or a top notch offensive lineman. I'll take either Rhodes, Trufant, or even Hayden at 19. The problem with o line is we have an immediate need at RT, and after the top 3 tackles the dropoff is significant.

I really think Tank's gonna be the pick though
ESKY008

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
ESKY008 wrote:
Werner

I'm not sure I want Werner anymore, even though some still think he's a top 10 player. I'm not sure he's what the Giants look for in a DE. Looking at some of our former draft picks at DE, the Giants like length, size and quickness. Guys that are freaks of nature. JPP was ridiculous in every way. Osi had a ridiculous first step. Kiwanuka is extremely long. Then you look at Werner's weakness on his scouting report from NFL.com
Quote:
Lacks elite length for the position and doesn’t have the natural start/stop explosion of some pass rushers

Doesn't really fit the Giants mold judging by previous draft picks.

To be honest I only want one of the top 3. I just threw him and jones in there depending on what happens with kiwi. Espn said he is going back to de not the actual giants???
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank Carradine, Xavier Rhodes, Chance Warmack, Jarvis Jones, Arthur Brown
minutemancl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The players I want the most are Ziggy Ansah, Dee Milliner, Chance Warmack, Jonathan Cooper, Lane Johnson, Desmond Trufant, and Sheldon Richardson.

Ziggy, Dee, and Lane Johnson aren't going to make it to us. That's almost guaranteed.

Warmack, Cooper, Trufant, and Richardson are all possibilities, so I guess they are 4 of my 5. The last spot is a toss up. I could live with Tank Carradine, Bjoern Werner, DJ Fluker, Tyler Eifert, or Margus Hunt.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

realistically
1.Javris Jones
2. Alec Ogletree
3. Desmond Trufant
4. Tank
5. Fluker

the 5 people i dont want
1. werner
2. bjoern
3. bjoern werner
4. bj werner
5. werner bjoern
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw in round 4 I'd love honey badger. Cool

and dont be surprised if they take teo
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheldon Richardson
DJ Hayden
Xavier Rhodes
Desmond Trufant
Jarvis Jones

Ill be disappointed if its not one of these guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: