Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The move nobody seems to want Dimitroff to make
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoosh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: The move nobody seems to want Dimitroff to make Reply with quote

Trade up for Tyler Eifert. Fans cringe at the thought of the Falcons taking a TE in the first and the thought of Dimitroff trading up for one makes them sick. But, but, but...

I think it's a possibility, so let's think about it.

TE is a long-term need, we know that. Taking your TE of the future now makes sense in some ways. First, they can come in and contribute from day one without having a lot of pressure. The Falcons run a lot of two tight-end sets and right now the #2 TE is Coffman. Meh. The second benefit is they get to learn from the best TE of all-time. Don't underestimate how important this is. Another reason is a TE is a QB's best friend. Selecting a TE like Eifert would make the tranisiton process that much more easier.

Just imagine Eifert in this offense. Roddy and Julio out wide, Gonzo and Eifert at tight end, and Jackson at running back.

Good. Luck.

The armchair GM's will be out in full force if a TE is picked in the first, but whatever TD does, I will support it. He has a plan and knows what he is doing.

Thoughts?

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he wants Eifert, he won't have to trade up for him...

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
mjmiller

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will be a waste of a pick if we pick Eifert in the first. we are in need of a CB or DE. we should atleast trade down and grab one or wait til the 2nd round for one. no way should we pass on a CB for a TE. UNLESS there is no body on the board that he likes.
swoosh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
If he wants Eifert, he won't have to trade up for him...
Most people project Eifert will be gone by 30.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
it will be a waste of a pick if we pick Eifert in the first. we are in need of a CB or DE. we should atleast trade down and grab one or wait til the 2nd round for one. no way should we pass on a CB for a TE. UNLESS there is no body on the board that he likes.
Define waste. To me, it seems like you're saying taking Eifert in the first would not help this team at all. Seems like crazy talk to me. Maybe it's not the biggest need, but you have to acknowledge there are some pros.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, let's say Eifert falls to 30.

1 Eifert
2 Best CB available
3 Lemonier
4 Porter

I'd love something like that. You can even sign Abe.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
Define waste. To me, it seems like you're saying taking Eifert in the first would not help this team at all. Seems like crazy talk to me. Maybe it's not the biggest need, but you have to acknowledge there are some pros.

hes not the biggest need. hes not even a top 3 need IMO. a #2 TE is a luxury pick and we need a CB/DE/DT before we need a TE. i would rather have a CB in round 1 and go Ertz in round 2. than Eifert in 1 and a CB round 2. the value of Eifert over Ertz is very small compared to the margin of value between say Rhodes/Trufant over a guy like Poyer/Wreh-Wilson. i personally wouldnt mind waiting til the 3rd for a guy like Vance McDonald. but thats jus me.
whitmire25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would kind of like it but i think Defensive end is too big of a need. We need an impact player at the other end spot. I feel corner can be had in round 2. I would like it if we were to bring in another veteran DE that could contribute like Abe or someone of that caliber. I personally LOVE Eifert but I feel our needs are too big elsewhere.

Adopt-A-Falcon: JacQuizz Rodgers and Stansly Maponga
swoosh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
swoosh wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

hes not the biggest need. hes not even a top 3 need IMO. a #2 TE is a luxury pick and we need a CB/DE/DT before we need a TE. i would rather have a CB in round 1 and go Ertz in round 2. than Eifert in 1 and a CB round 2. the value of Eifert over Ertz is very small compared to the margin of value between say Rhodes/Trufant over a guy like Poyer/Wreh-Wilson. i personally wouldnt mind waiting til the 3rd for a guy like Vance McDonald. but thats jus me.
There's where we disagree. I think the CB class is stacked and you can get a good one in round two. I've cooled on Ertz but love Kelce.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
swoosh wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

There's where we disagree. I think the CB class is stacked and you can get a good one in round two. I've cooled on Ertz but love Kelce.
Ertz is meh. Kelce is a beast though. I could see Kelce there in the 4th to be honest with oyu.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's what TD decides to do then so be it. He obviously has this job for a reason.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eifert won't even affect our team that much. He will be our #2 TE, and with Roddy, Julio, TG, S-Jax, and even HD taking targets away, what exactly would be the point of neglecting our HUGE needs at CB and DE to fill a luxury?

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelce in the 2nd too 3rd round kicks Eiferts butt all day long with Eifert in the 1st. Kelce's upside is just as high if not higher as Kelce is probably closer to Gronk's style and upside than any player in this draft. He is a complete player and can block better than probably any TE in this draft already while still being explosive and good hands.

So just based on talent and upside for value no way would i take Eifert in the 1st over quite a few of these Te's in the 2nd to 4th round where they aren't that much less talented than him.
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have an immediate need for an impact CB and DE now. We can not wait to develop one of the those guys with a later round pick. Our defense is the reason why we lost the playoff game and graded out in the lower half of the league. We need to spend our first pick, and even the next few on defense.
Robust Perry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would live with it if we did select Eifert but it's not the best move for the team (both short term and long term).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: