Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Eagles@Redskins Mon. Nighter is bigger, than you know.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: This Eagles@Redskins Mon. Nighter is bigger, than you know. Reply with quote

Saw this article and was like Shocked
http://httr24-7.com/blog/history-of-redskinseagles-season-openers/

Quote:
Overall, the Redskins are 6-2 against Philadelphia in season openers. I also found that starting the season with a win over the Eagles was often a sign of a very successful campaign. In fact, the past three times the Redskins won on opening day at the expense of Philly, they have won two Super Bowls and played in another NFC Championship Game. Only once in six seasons did the Redskins win the opener over the Eagles and finish lower than second place in the division.
Continue to read more at link:

Quote:
Here is a quick look at the results:

9/1/1996: Eagles 17 @Redskins 14

9/13/1987: @Redskins 34 Eagles 24 (11-4, Super Bowl Champs)

9/7/1986: @Redskins 41 Eagles 14 (12-4, NFC Runner Up)

9/12/1982: Redskins 37 @Eagles 34 OT (8-1, Super Bowl Champs)

9/17/1967: @Eagles 35 Redskins 24

9/28/1958: Redskins 24 @Eagles 14 (4-7-1, 4th in NFL East)

9/17/1939: Redskins 7 @Eagles 0 (8-2-1, 2nd in NFL East)

9/11/1938: Redskins 26 @Eagles 23 (6-3-2, 2nd in NFL East)

This game is big for Robert & the Redskins, gentleman.
Don't let anyone tell you, otherwise... Arrow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is going to be a very big game for Kirk and the Redskins. I dont think Philly is going to very good. They are switch to a 3-4 D, and from what I have herd they really dont have the personel. I imagine it will take a while for Chip to get things going , so I hope we have a big win to get the season going!!!!
PSID412

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we blow them out because I'm already sick of the whole Chip Kelly offence is amazing talk from them and it's the middle of April.

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think httr24-7 is part of extreme skins and we aren't allowed to link to there.

I read it also.

I'm worried about the eagles game. We will be facing Vick and that explosive offense when they are all healthy week 1, we get killed on Monday night when we face them.

As for us a lot of our best players will be coming off injury, where they might only play limited snaps all preseason or not at all. Many of our returing players would have not played football in nearly a year.

To say were going to be rusty would to be an understatement.

We also are favored by a touchdown I believe. I'm worried about overconfidence and I hate being favored so early by so much. Except for the 91-92 season, we've always played better when we were considered underdogs

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this on the Schedule Release show and was saw pumped when I had heard this history. I really see us either repeating with our 10-6 record or better, so I will for sure say we have a chance at keeping history going. Super Bowl in 2014 here we come!!!!! HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles will win watch. You guys need put your glasses on the eagles still have a good offensive group and a coach who knows how to use speed as a big advantage and philly has speed every where. Last year they started 4-0 than got vick hurt and fired there DC.

They also picked up very good players in FA to help.there D out with thomas-williams-connor- and chung who will help the eagles 3-4 scheme pick up and are hard nose play makers.

They also have the draft in which they possibly can draft. Geno and or more defensive players.

I think they'll win because of how its a new coach we wont be prepared about and our D not really improving that much or can handle a healthy eagles team and a D who can be very agressive.
should be close but we know how it is when it comes to teams we should.beat......think philly being way to overlooked.
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I think httr24-7 is part of extreme skins and we aren't allowed to link to there.

I read it also.

I'm worried about the eagles game. We will be facing Vick and that explosive offense when they are all healthy week 1, we get killed on Monday night when we face them.

As for us a lot of our best players will be coming off injury, where they might only play limited snaps all preseason or not at all. Many of our returing players would have not played football in nearly a year.

To say were going to be rusty would to be an understatement.

We also are favored by a touchdown I believe. I'm worried about overconfidence and I hate being favored so early by so much. Except for the 91-92 season, we've always played better when we were considered underdogs
pretty much.......our D will be healthy but we havr no adress at FS yet, ours cbs where not reliable so honestly orakpo amd meriweather are what is missed. If vick legs are 100% than Oo.....womt matter if he throws great the skins proven over n over we cant handle mobile QBs and yet to beat vickas a eagles.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
I think this is going to be a very big game for Kirk
Stopped reading here.

Fify.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Eagles will win watch. You guys need put your glasses on the eagles still have a good offensive group and a coach who knows how to use speed as a big advantage and philly has speed every where. Last year they started 4-0 than got vick hurt and fired there DC.

They also picked up very good players in FA to help.there D out with thomas-williams-connor- and chung who will help the eagles 3-4 scheme pick up and are hard nose play makers.

They also have the draft in which they possibly can draft. Geno and or more defensive players.

I think they'll win because of how its a new coach we wont be prepared about and our D not really improving that much or can handle a healthy eagles team and a D who can be very agressive.
should be close but we know how it is when it comes to teams we should.beat......think philly being way to overlooked.
I think the Eagles will win because of their offense, not their defense and if Rg3 plays he could be rusty.

I'm certainly not giving this game to the eagles but I'm a bit apprehensive about this match up opening week.

The Eagles will not win this game because of their defense. The best defense on the field will be Washington's, the question will be:

Does the Redskins defense have enough to slow down an eagles offense which will be the most healthy it's been in two years?

The second question is:

Is Rg3 going to be healthy enough to play, and if he is how in sync is he going to be because I don't envision him getting many reps in the preseason?

Those are the key questions in my mind, and I can not wait to find out the answers to thee questions.

The game should be close, I could see either team winning. In the long run the Redskins have the better team but I'm not sure if we will be all in sync and the best team week 1.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure why you guys are scared of the Eagles........ They dont even know who their QB is gonna be. They are going to have some major growing pains this year. Completely new O and D. They dont seem to have the personel to play a 3-4. They are going to have the same growing pains we did 3 years ago. Both OLBs are converted D-ends whcih takes time. Who are their Corners? Who is gonna play the nose?
I dont think RG3 even plays in this game and Im not worried. Their best ILB Ryans was terrible in a 3 4 thats why Houston let him go for nothing. I think Kendricks will be good but even he has a learning curve. They have Peters comming back, but who knows what kind of shape he will be in, and the rest of thier line was pretty horrible. I really think Morris could have 200 yards rushing on this D. I dont care what kind of up tempo gemike Chip kelly runs. He wont have the time of posession for it to matter.
Look at how many players we having comming back from injury!!!!! That is our off season. It will be like having 3 high paid free agents this year. (Carriker, Orakpo, Meriweather). Shanny always seems to draft well. I dont care what FS he gets in the draft it will be better than M. Williams!
I just dont see why you guys would even mention the Eagles...Im way more worried about the Giants!!!
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

Your predictions do not exactly have a sparkling history and I honestly see no way the eagles win this game. The defense will almost certainly improve and RGIII is going to play. Be prepared, we are finally going to be a good team.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Im not sure why you guys are scared of the Eagles........ They dont even know who their QB is gonna be. They are going to have some major growing pains this year. Completely new O and D. They dont seem to have the personel to play a 3-4. They are going to have the same growing pains we did 3 years ago. Both OLBs are converted D-ends whcih takes time. Who are their Corners? Who is gonna play the nose?
I dont think RG3 even plays in this game and Im not worried. Their best ILB Ryans was terrible in a 3 4 thats why Houston let him go for nothing. I think Kendricks will be good but even he has a learning curve. They have Peters comming back, but who knows what kind of shape he will be in, and the rest of thier line was pretty horrible. I really think Morris could have 200 yards rushing on this D. I dont care what kind of up tempo gemike Chip kelly runs. He wont have the time of posession for it to matter.
Look at how many players we having comming back from injury!!!!! That is our off season. It will be like having 3 high paid free agents this year. (Carriker, Orakpo, Meriweather). Shanny always seems to draft well. I dont care what FS he gets in the draft it will be better than M. Williams!
I just dont see why you guys would even mention the Eagles...Im way more worried about the Giants!!!
I'm not really scared but a bit apprehensive. A healthy Michael Vick, McCoy, DJax, Maclin and Celek is as good as any set of positon players in the league, if healthy and protected.

I agree about what you are saying though, just this game isn't a gimmie in my eyes.

Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Your predictions do not exactly have a sparkling history and I honestly see no way the eagles win this game. The defense will almost certainly improve and RGIII is going to play. Be prepared, we are finally going to be a good team.

saids the man who doubted Kirk and Rob Jackson -_-

We have alot to fear against philly ,just because they had a down year doesn't mean they cant rebound .....it has been proven by them multiple times . They have:

Desean Jackson
macklin
Celek and James Casey
Avant
Benn
And Shady with a healthy Vick who still has a big arm with fresh legs.

You also gotta note there D was already one of the worst like ours last year how ever in the 3-4 they already have 3-4 experience players such as Chung/Williams/ Isaac Sopoaga/Connor and Demeco Ryans who played in the 3-4 before....even with that you still have Phillip Thomas and Bradley Fletcher who was very underrated for the rams.

Not disagreeing with you with us being good but the eagles can be good too and with Chip Kelly resume than we shouldn't over look.
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
I'm not really scared but a bit apprehensive. A healthy Michael Vick, McCoy, DJax, Maclin and Celek is as good as any set of positon players in the league, if healthy and protected.

I agree about what you are saying though, just this game isn't a gimmie in my eyes.

A NFCE game is never a gimme. boys we where like 5 sec's way from tying the game in which philly would of went for it if not for Macklin dropped TD and Moore dropped TD .

Its never a gimme IDC if its Vick or not we have been suspect for 3 years now on D and with a very good RB and fast speedy WR's than be prepared for a offensive game. Just being honest but this season either can be up or very very down.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our D was top 15 in 2011, but keep on saying it was suspect Dashing. Obviously no one is going to change your mind in that, no matter if the defense was twice as good with Orakpo in several categories in 2011 vs what they were last year w/o him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: