Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12284
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Like Mingo, there have been rumblings that Lombardi and Banner both like Ansah quite a bit.

1. Do you like him and why?
2. Do you want the Browns to draft him?
3. Do you see him as a DE or OLB?

Discuss.



1: the guy has alot of upside yes but for as much upside as he has, he has just as many questions about him. he seems to be a bit of a tweener, he does not have alot of football experience.

2: I would not be totally upset if they drafted him but there are others I like more.

3: I think the guys best position is going to be DE
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 3778
Location: Kent State University
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Like Mingo, there have been rumblings that Lombardi and Banner both like Ansah quite a bit.

1. Do you like him and why?
2. Do you want the Browns to draft him?
3. Do you see him as a DE or OLB?

Discuss.


1. Yes, raw skills. We've got an renowned new d-coordinator, let him teach Ansah up.

2. Yes, assuming Jordan and Milliner are gone. Or we've traded down.

3. I think he's better suited to play DE like a JPP, but his raw skills will translate to OLB. However, I don't really think he'd be as valuable as Dion Jordan.
_________________


Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Like Mingo, there have been rumblings that Lombardi and Banner both like Ansah quite a bit.

1. Do you like him and why?
2. Do you want the Browns to draft him?
3. Do you see him as a DE or OLB?

Discuss.


1. Yes, raw skills. We've got an renowned new d-coordinator, let him teach Ansah up.

2. Yes, assuming Jordan and Milliner are gone. Or we've traded down.

3. I think he's better suited to play DE like a JPP, but his raw skills will translate to OLB. However, I don't really think he'd be as valuable as Dion Jordan.
Why?
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 3778
Location: Kent State University
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Like Mingo, there have been rumblings that Lombardi and Banner both like Ansah quite a bit.

1. Do you like him and why?
2. Do you want the Browns to draft him?
3. Do you see him as a DE or OLB?

Discuss.


1. Yes, raw skills. We've got an renowned new d-coordinator, let him teach Ansah up.

2. Yes, assuming Jordan and Milliner are gone. Or we've traded down.

3. I think he's better suited to play DE like a JPP, but his raw skills will translate to OLB. However, I don't really think he'd be as valuable as Dion Jordan.
Why?

Ansah's skill set is more akin to Sheard and Kruger's than the coverage ability that Jordan displays. I think Jordan's not as dynamic as a pass-rusher, but with the players we have Jordan could be a free range monster. Ansah could eventually work his way up to being a more complete OLB, I just think Jordan has the upperhand in this forte.
_________________


Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12284
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly he isnt even the best OLB prospect on his own team, If he had come out I think Kyle Van Noy is the far superior prospect
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Like Mingo, there have been rumblings that Lombardi and Banner both like Ansah quite a bit.

1. Do you like him and why?
2. Do you want the Browns to draft him?
3. Do you see him as a DE or OLB?

Discuss.


1. Yes, raw skills. We've got an renowned new d-coordinator, let him teach Ansah up.

2. Yes, assuming Jordan and Milliner are gone. Or we've traded down.

3. I think he's better suited to play DE like a JPP, but his raw skills will translate to OLB. However, I don't really think he'd be as valuable as Dion Jordan.
Why?

Ansah's skill set is more akin to Sheard and Kruger's than the coverage ability that Jordan displays. I think Jordan's not as dynamic as a pass-rusher, but with the players we have Jordan could be a free range monster. Ansah could eventually work his way up to being a more complete OLB, I just think Jordan has the upperhand in this forte.
I think most people are over estimating Jordan's efectiveness as a cover LB he had 1 PBU last year. Also Lebeau/Horton stlet OLB's rush a lot more than they cover.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
honestly he isnt even the best OLB prospect on his own team, If he had come out I think Kyle Van Noy is the far superior prospect
I was pretty sure van noy played ILB?
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12284
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
honestly he isnt even the best OLB prospect on his own team, If he had come out I think Kyle Van Noy is the far superior prospect
I was pretty sure van noy played ILB?



http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89826&draftyear=2014&genpos=OLB


http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1754185/kyle-van-noy


http://draftbreakdown.com/players/kyle-van-noy


all have him as OLB
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StewieRules


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 1642
Location: jacksonville
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why? Did he ask about me? Does he like me? I guess he is kinda cute.


Made me spit muh cawfee out onto my keyboard readin that one Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dreinha5


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 5
Location: Toledo
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:
I don't believe Ziggy's age on his birth certificate. He has wrinkles. I'd not be surprised if he is every bit of 30 years old. Yes, a copy of his birth certificate was produced....a month after people asked for it. That is a huge red flag. He's very raw, unpolished, and unknown. IMO, the Browns can't afford to roll the dice with the sixth pick. Ansah is whom I want least with the sixth pick out of who is available.


Ansah's birth certificate was submitted years ago when he simply wanted to be a student a BYU. At that point he didn't know anything about the NFL or have the thought to play football.

Unless you think failing to walk on the basketball team (twice) and joining the track team before trying football was just to throw everyone off his scent. Rolling Eyes


There is no birth certificate for this guy. Only a passport issued in 2008 by a country notorious for age fraud (see Adu, Freddy).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreinha5 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:
I don't believe Ziggy's age on his birth certificate. He has wrinkles. I'd not be surprised if he is every bit of 30 years old. Yes, a copy of his birth certificate was produced....a month after people asked for it. That is a huge red flag. He's very raw, unpolished, and unknown. IMO, the Browns can't afford to roll the dice with the sixth pick. Ansah is whom I want least with the sixth pick out of who is available.


Ansah's birth certificate was submitted years ago when he simply wanted to be a student a BYU. At that point he didn't know anything about the NFL or have the thought to play football.

Unless you think failing to walk on the basketball team (twice) and joining the track team before trying football was just to throw everyone off his scent. Rolling Eyes


There is no birth certificate for this guy. Only a passport issued in 2008 by a country notorious for age fraud (see Adu, Freddy).


And, this why they do physical exams. a rough estimate of age can be determined by one.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16859
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
dreinha5 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:
I don't believe Ziggy's age on his birth certificate. He has wrinkles. I'd not be surprised if he is every bit of 30 years old. Yes, a copy of his birth certificate was produced....a month after people asked for it. That is a huge red flag. He's very raw, unpolished, and unknown. IMO, the Browns can't afford to roll the dice with the sixth pick. Ansah is whom I want least with the sixth pick out of who is available.


Ansah's birth certificate was submitted years ago when he simply wanted to be a student a BYU. At that point he didn't know anything about the NFL or have the thought to play football.

Unless you think failing to walk on the basketball team (twice) and joining the track team before trying football was just to throw everyone off his scent. Rolling Eyes


There is no birth certificate for this guy. Only a passport issued in 2008 by a country notorious for age fraud (see Adu, Freddy).


And, this why they do physical exams. a rough estimate of age can be determined by one.


All they need to do is cut him open and count the rings.

I like Ansah, and would be thrilled if we took him. He can and has played nearly every position in a 3-man front 7 other than ILB. Some "experts" (i.e. Phil Savage) are saying his best fit is at 4-3 DE.

That kind of positonal versatility is very enticing for a team that will use multiple defensive fronts.

His explosiveness, natural strength, athleticism and frame makes him one of the few physical freaks of this draft. If the coaching staff is convinced they can utilize him to his fullest abilities, he could be one of the standouts of this draft class.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
dreinha5 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:
I don't believe Ziggy's age on his birth certificate. He has wrinkles. I'd not be surprised if he is every bit of 30 years old. Yes, a copy of his birth certificate was produced....a month after people asked for it. That is a huge red flag. He's very raw, unpolished, and unknown. IMO, the Browns can't afford to roll the dice with the sixth pick. Ansah is whom I want least with the sixth pick out of who is available.


Ansah's birth certificate was submitted years ago when he simply wanted to be a student a BYU. At that point he didn't know anything about the NFL or have the thought to play football.

Unless you think failing to walk on the basketball team (twice) and joining the track team before trying football was just to throw everyone off his scent. Rolling Eyes


There is no birth certificate for this guy. Only a passport issued in 2008 by a country notorious for age fraud (see Adu, Freddy).


And, this why they do physical exams. a rough estimate of age can be determined by one.


All they need to do is cut him open and count the rings.

I like Ansah, and would be thrilled if we took him. He can and has played nearly every position in a 3-man front 7 other than ILB. Some "experts" (i.e. Phil Savage) are saying his best fit is at 4-3 DE.

That kind of positonal versatility is very enticing for a team that will use multiple defensive fronts.

His explosiveness, natural strength, athleticism and frame makes him one of the few physical freaks of this draft. If the coaching staff is convinced they can utilize him to his fullest abilities, he could be one of the standouts of this draft class.


+1
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dreinha5


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 5
Location: Toledo
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:


And, this why they do physical exams. a rough estimate of age can be determined by one.


Age testing stops being useful after age 17.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_fraud_in_association_football#Introduction_of_MRI

The age of this guy is a serious matter. If he is 27-28 is he still a day one pick?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12284
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreinha5 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:


And, this why they do physical exams. a rough estimate of age can be determined by one.


Age testing stops being useful after age 17.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_fraud_in_association_football#Introduction_of_MRI

The age of this guy is a serious matter. If he is 27-28 is he still a day one pick?



no becasue of how raw he really is
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group