Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah Reply with quote

Like Mingo, there have been rumblings that Lombardi and Banner both like Ansah quite a bit.

1. Do you like him and why?
2. Do you want the Browns to draft him?
3. Do you see him as a DE or OLB?

Discuss.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Like Mingo, there have been rumblings that Lombardi and Banner both like Ansah quite a bit.

Discuss.

1. Ehhh He has a lot of upside
2. No. His inexperience and lack of productivity scare me. He'd be drafted almost exclusively off of potential
3. DE but I think he may be a tweener

#JDI
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:

Discuss.

1 He is just as athletic and fast as ant of the other pass rushers but on top of that he is bigger and stronger.

2 He is so diverse you can line him up a lot of different looks on 2nd and 3rd down.

3 His athleticism would be wasted as a 5 tech DE IMO. I assume you meant 5 tech DE or 34 DE reggie.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Discuss.

1 He is just as athletic and fast as ant of the other pass rushers but on top of that he is bigger and stronger.

2 He is so diverse you can line him up a lot of different looks on 2nd and 3rd down.

3 His athleticism would be wasted as a 5 tech DE IMO. I assume you meant 5 tech DE or 34 DE reggie.

He is no where near as fast as Mingo

Not even close

#JDI
roger murdock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. No. Hes shown no skillset for playing outside linebacker or pass rushing to the outside. He played in a 3-4 defense in college, but was used drastically different from how we would plan to use him in the pros. Theres a reason they used him on the inside of their 3-4 defense as opposed to the outside.

2. No, for reasons above. I'd be OK with taking a chance on him if we traded back to around 20 and gathered significant resources in the process but I don't think he will still be available and still wouldn't be thrilled.

3. 4-3 DE. If he goes to a 3-4 team I expect them to trade him or try and move him to 34 end after a few years.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Discuss.

Not even close

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ziggy-ansah?id=2539931
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/barkevious-mingo?id=2540140

check there short shuttle times NUG Wink
That and there 40 times are .05 seconds apart

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Discuss.

Not even close

When you WATCH them both play, you see that Mingo is easily the more explosive player.

I don't care who ran the faster 40 time.

#JDI
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Discuss.

Not even close

When you WATCH them both play, you see that Mingo is easily the more explosive player.

Of course he is. He actually understands the game and scheme is reacting and not thinking.

Where as with ziggy he has played what less than 20 games lifetime?

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Discuss.

Not even close

Of course he is. He actually understands the game and scheme is reacting and not thinking.

Where as with ziggy he has played what less than 20 games lifetime?

I mean that could be it, but when i see them both come off the snap, Mingo is way more explosive in my view.

I still don't know if Ansah has a true position.

This is why I hate drafting a guy that will play a new spot lol

#JDI
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe Ziggy's age on his birth certificate. He has wrinkles. I'd not be surprised if he is every bit of 30 years old. Yes, a copy of his birth certificate was produced....a month after people asked for it. That is a huge red flag. He's very raw, unpolished, and unknown. IMO, the Browns can't afford to roll the dice with the sixth pick. Ansah is whom I want least with the sixth pick out of who is available.

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L__yGr3mWjs

watch this nug

LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
I don't believe Ziggy's age on his birth certificate. He has wrinkles. I'd not be surprised if he is every bit of 30 years old. Yes, a copy of his birth certificate was produced....a month after people asked for it. That is a huge red flag. He's very raw, unpolished, and unknown. IMO, the Browns can't afford to roll the dice with the sixth pick. Ansah is whom I want least with the sixth pick out of who is available.

Ansah's birth certificate was submitted years ago when he simply wanted to be a student a BYU. At that point he didn't know anything about the NFL or have the thought to play football.

Unless you think failing to walk on the basketball team (twice) and joining the track team before trying football was just to throw everyone off his scent. Rolling Eyes

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
1. No. Hes shown no skillset for playing outside linebacker or pass rushing to the outside. He played in a 3-4 defense in college, but was used drastically different from how we would plan to use him in the pros. Theres a reason they used him on the inside of their 3-4 defense as opposed to the outside.

2. No, for reasons above. I'd be OK with taking a chance on him if we traded back to around 20 and gathered significant resources in the process but I don't think he will still be available and still wouldn't be thrilled.

3. 4-3 DE. If he goes to a 3-4 team I expect them to trade him or try and move him to 34 end after a few years.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

Ansah's birth certificate was submitted years ago when he simply wanted to be a student a BYU. At that point he didn't know anything about the NFL or have the thought to play football.

Unless you think failing to walk on the basketball team (twice) and joining the track team before trying football was just to throw everyone off his scent. Rolling Eyes

By the way you can tell what a persons general age is by physical examine.

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Candidate at #6: DE/OLB Ziggy Ansah Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:

Discuss.

Why? Did he ask about me? Does he like me? I guess he is kinda cute.

1. Not really. Because I like judging people I know very little about.
2. No, because I don't like him.
3. I don't know much about him, so I'll say DE or QB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: