Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"Nobody has a TV on 28 Apr" Mock (then a real one)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: "Nobody has a TV on 28 Apr" Mock (then a real one) Reply with quote

1.17 -- Margus Hunt, 5T, SMU
2.48 -- Sam Montgomery, OLB, LSU
3.79 -- John Jenkins, NT, Georgia
4.115 -- Jeff Locke, P, UCLA
5.150 -- Brandon MaGee, ILB, ASU (5'11" 223lbs)
6.186 -- Zach Line, FB, SMU
6.206 -- Matt Furstenberg, TE, MD (Who?? The "Spaeth" pick)
7.223 -- Caleb Sturgis, PK, Fla

Yep, I'd probably need a new TV with that haul!

Now that that nonsense is over, this is how I think the draft could very possibly fall for us. Not necessarily who I'd choose, but most I'd be happy with overall.

1.17 -- Tyler Eifert, TE, ND -- As much as it pains me to slot him here, I think this is a better-than-average possibility that he is the selection. We do need another playmaker at the TE position, and he can definitely be that for Ben. And while I'd prefer to wait to grab a TE later in the draft, he is a safe 1st Rd selection that is likely to contribute right away on offense, and we really do need that w/ Heath a huge ? to start the season.

2.48 -- Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor -- Not the fastest. most athletic, or pure hands WR, but he does a lot of things well, including blocking and tracking the ball on longer routes. Mentioned to have leadership qualities, which never hurts. Also, was a kick returner, so has versatility in special teams as well.

3.79 -- Jon Bostic, ILB, Fla -- Still really high on this guy and probably won't be available here, despite where most sites have him ranked. He's rising up boards, but hopefully, with guys like Minter, Te'o, Alonso, and Moore rated higher, Bostic will slip to the 3rd. So a guy I like and someone I could see the Steeler's grabbing as an ILB.

4.115 -- Shawn Williams, SS, UGA -- Big, tough, better than average speed. I think this is the guy we'll be "oohing" and "aaahing" at by year two in the league.

5.150 -- Larentee McCray, OLB, Fla (6'2" 250lbs) -- Injury risk, but in the 5th, that's ok. Not a prospect talked a lot about, but good size, big, strong hands, and has flashed some ability both as a pass rusher and dropping back in coverage.

6.186 -- TJ Moe, WR, Mizzou -- Slow 40, but best scores at combine in shuttles and bench. I've mocked him before, and really think he'd be a great slot guy for us. Tough and soft hands and seems like a Steelers type guy to me that our FO would target.

6.206 -- Knile Davis, RB, Ark -- Boom or bust here, but he's big, fast, willing blocker, decent rcvr out of the backfield, team captain, so a 3-down back. Just that darn injury bug.

7.223 -- Rod Sweeting, CB, Ga Tech -- Great value here. 4.4 speed. Good read/react skills, intelligent, leader, good tackler, physical, soft hands. Ideal slot CB for us. Not sure why he's not rated higher, actually.

So again, think this is how I think the draft could conceivably fall for us. I'll do a mock on Thursday for how I actually WANT the draft to fall for us. That said, I wouldn't "hate" this draft, just wouldn't be jumping up and down for joy.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
Steelers22

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably need a new TV for both of those

props to dawg24
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers22 wrote:

Yeah....2nd one isnt bad, but I still wouldnt like it.

Not bad enough to need a new TV, but one Id be disappointed with.

Although I am starting to believe strongly Eifert will indeed be the pick.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@43: Who's your source??? Laughing Laughing Cool
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers22 wrote:

The 2nd one isn't my favorite, either, but c'mon, the 1st one would be EPICALLY bad! Laughing

I might boycott the draft next year if the 1st one fell that way.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one doesn't even make sense.

The second one I absolutely love it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers22 wrote:

This! Laughing

Go Noles!
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Sure it does. We don't need a WR because we retained Sanders, don't need a RB because we sign Bradshaw, don't need any OL after we resign Legs...that gives us Malecki, Beachum and Legs at depth, with Adams, Foster, Pouncey, DD, Gilbert as the starting 5.

We do need an OLB, and Montgomery is the perfect conversion project in Rd 2 ala Alonzo Jackson and Jason Worilds. We could always use another 1st Rd 5T. Brandon MaGee is a perfect replacement for Spence while injured. We need another NT because you never know what Ta'amu will do next and Fangupo is camp fodder. We need a playmaker at TE; thus we select "First-iceberg", or something like that.

Since our last 4th Rd P worked out so well, why not draft another? Suisham is hot and cold, so we need a PK, and of course, what draft would be complete without a FB. We haven't drafted one in so long; it's about time.

See, makes perfect sense!! Laughing

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Sure it does. We don't need a WR because we retained Sanders, don't need a RB because we sign Bradshaw, don't need any OL after we resign Legs...that gives us Malecki, Beachum and Legs at depth, with Adams, Foster, Pouncey, DD, Gilbert as the starting 5.

We do need an OLB, and Montgomery is the perfect conversion project in Rd 2 ala Alonzo Jackson and Jason Worilds. We could always use another 1st Rd 5T. Brandon MaGee is a perfect replacement for Spence while injured. We need another NT because you never know what Ta'amu will do next and Fangupo is camp fodder. We need a playmaker at TE; thus we select "First-iceberg", or something like that.

Since our last 4th Rd P worked out so well, why not draft another? Suisham is hot and cold, so we need a PK, and of course, what draft would be complete without a FB. We haven't drafted one in so long; it's about time.

sanders is on a one year deal, the key reserves are over 30. They need to draft a wr to develop for the future.

I agree about the OL point, but 3 of our starters are question marks and a few of the reserves. Taking a OL to develop is a good selection.

I agree about taking an OLB but Montgomery seems like an unmotivated player by comments he's made and he's never wowed much. He's the wrong prospect to select.

Why do they need another round 1 5T? They have two developing. I think taking one later makes sense for depth but they need to develop and play Hood and Heyward. It will be a few years before I'd want them to take another 5T in round 1, if ever! Drafting a 5T round 1 is a waste to me unless they project to be elite like JJ Watt. Most aren't big time sack artists and are more focused important to the run but the nfl now is more focused on the pass. It's a position like RB, TE, NT, G & RT you shouldn't take one in round 1 unless they have elite potential.

Hunt is big and athetic, but very raw and inconsistent. If he's taken round 1, I'll laugh at the team who selects him there.

They have McLendon, Ta'Amu and Fangupo. This group needs a year to prove itself to be good or bad before the draft another nt IMHO.

I like drafting aTE. Can't complain there.

Drafting a punter when you have a good punter doesn't make sense at all.

As far as Magee goes, I though Spence was a bad fit for the 3-4 scheme, even though I liked him as a prospect. I saw him as a WLB in a4-3 D. I would not take a similar player.

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers22 wrote:

This...

The first mock...well, it did what you said it would in the title.

I don't like Eifert as our 1st round pick regardless of our need at that position.

Terrance Williams, I like him honestly and I like Bostic.

I don't like Shawn Williams in the 4th. The part where you said we'll be "oohing and aaahing" by his second year...he'll be lucky if he even sees much playing time until his 3rd. Why do I say that? I think most of us could agree we're not big fans of Bernard Pollard... well Shawn Williams IS Bernard Pollard basically, his abilities, playing style, etc, are very similar. He doesn't remotely fit the type of player that the Steelers usually go after.

I'm going to skip to Sweeting for a moment. He won't make it anywhere close to the 7th round, he's being projected as a mid round CB, his only real downfall is that he needs to add signifcant muscle bulk (according to scouts apparently)

McCray...just no, Pass rushing is his most unnatural ability that he has. His mobility sucks, he's slow, he's not gonna beat many people off the edge..he'll be the back up to Worild's back up for years....well as many years as there are on his contract until they cut him.

TJ Moe in the 6th round would be horribad.. He does have nice quickness and ability to potentially be a lot like Wes Welker actually...a very poor mans Welker but that type of slot receiver, having said that, Welker is way faster than Moe is. I wouldn't be surprised to see Moe go undrafted because of his inconsistencies.

I like the speed Kniles Davis has however, he is as injury prone as it gets..we got enough of that.
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

sanders is on a one year deal, the key reserves are over 30. They need to draft a wr to develop for the future.

I agree about the OL point, but 3 of our starters are question marks and a few of the reserves. Taking a OL to develop is a good selection.

I agree about taking an OLB but Montgomery seems like an unmotivated player by comments he's made and he's never wowed much. He's the wrong prospect to select.

Why do they need another round 1 5T? They have two developing. I think taking one later makes sense for depth but they need to develop and play Hood and Heyward. It will be a few years before I'd want them to take another 5T in round 1, if ever! Drafting a 5T round 1 is a waste to me unless they project to be elite like JJ Watt. Most aren't big time sack artists and are more focused important to the run but the nfl now is more focused on the pass. It's a position like RB, TE, NT, G & RT you shouldn't take one in round 1 unless they have elite potential.

Hunt is big and athetic, but very raw and inconsistent. If he's taken round 1, I'll laugh at the team who selects him there.

They have McLendon, Ta'Amu and Fangupo. This group needs a year to prove itself to be good or bad before the draft another nt IMHO.

I like drafting aTE. Can't complain there.

Drafting a punter when you have a good punter doesn't make sense at all.

Go Noles!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh lol Laughing Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole time I thought his first mock was us drafting the Pitcher from the Pirates Jeff Locke!! I get it now!!! Laughing Laughing
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: "Nobody has a TV on 28 Apr" Mock (then a real Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
1.17 -- Margus Hunt, 5T, SMU
2.48 -- Sam Montgomery, OLB, LSU
3.79 -- John Jenkins, NT, Georgia
4.115 -- Jeff Locke, P, UCLA
5.150 -- Brandon MaGee, ILB, ASU (5'11" 223lbs)
6.186 -- Zach Line, FB, SMU
6.206 -- Matt Furstenberg, TE, MD (Who?? The "Spaeth" pick)
7.223 -- Caleb Sturgis, PK, Fla

the kicker is the only good pick

Ward4HOF wrote:

1.17 -- Tyler Eifert, TE, ND
2.48 -- Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
3.79 -- Jon Bostic, ILB, Fla
4.115 -- Shawn Williams, SS, UGA
5.150 -- Larentee McCray, OLB, Fla (6'2" 250lbs)
6.186 -- TJ Moe, WR, Mizzou
6.206 -- Knile Davis, RB, Ark
7.223 -- Rod Sweeting, CB, Ga Tech

love 1, 2, 3, and 5, like the others, very lukewarm on Knile Davis though, as I think he's a Dwyer clone mentally without the pooch
stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
@43: Who's your source??? Laughing Laughing Cool

He probably has Kethy's crystal Ball. Wink

I'm starting to feel that way as well, 43. I've been hearing a lot of people ( "so called experts" and others) throwing Eifert's name as our first round pick. I wouldn't complain about it much. We don't know how bad Heath's injury is and when he would return.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: