Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gatek99 Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatek99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Gatek99 Mock Reply with quote

Not sure how I like it, but I honestly think this draft scenario gets us 4-5 starters in the next couple of years

1. Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee
It is either him or Jarvis Jones as front runners

2. Johnathan Cyprien - S - Florida International
LeBeau already said we are looking to draft a safety, no need for a late rounder

3. Travis Kelce - TE - Cincinnati
Seems like a fan and analyst favorite here

4. Le'Veon Bell - RB - Michigan State
We need help, this is great value if he falls

5. John Simon - OLB - Ohio State
Kid is a beast, and I have read many times he falls this far

6. AJ Klein - ILB - Iowa State
Probably will go in the 5th round, however he will replace Foote in a year, just you watch and see

6. Khaled Holmes - C/G - USC
We need a backup center, and he can push Foster for a starting job

7. Jordan Rogers - QB - Vanderbilt
Hey man, if he is half of what his brother is, he will be a great backup. A 7th rounder at another position usually gets cut, Rogers will make the team as the 3rd QB over Parker Wilson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good mock. Talent-wise very good. Patterson boom or bust but an exciting player. Cyprien, I'm a big fan. Kelce I like a lot, just wondering if other needs are greater here, but not bad - I think he could be Jeremy Shockey like. Bell I like a lot. Nice workhorse and all around talented back. Simon I love his motor and skills, just not sure his game translates to the NFL at OLB. He's way too slow off the line. Klein, I doubt will make it to 6 but he's a smart player with great instints if not elite talent. Holmes don't know much about but if he adds depth to the interior line than I'm for it. J. Rogers I'm actually intrigued by. If we were to spend our 7th on him, I wouldn't be too upset. I think he's got some nice upside.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love the first three picks, though I think Kelce is DND for the Steelers. I'm lukewarm on Bell, but if he lasted until the 4th I would be good with the pick. Simon is a guy I like, as well. Good football players.

I hope the team doesn't throw away a pick on a QB late like that, but otherwise I like the players.
gatek99

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
I would love the first three picks, though I think Kelce is DND for the Steelers. I'm lukewarm on Bell, but if he lasted until the 4th I would be good with the pick. Simon is a guy I like, as well. Good football players.

I hope the team doesn't throw away a pick on a QB late like that, but otherwise I like the players.

My point in the Rogers pick is because a late round QB will actually make our team, look at how most of our other late round picks have worked out.

However, with Gradkowski, we may be fine with Parker Wilson as our 3rd and not waste any roster spots

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know the issue with Kelce to be suspended for an ENTIRE year? That tells me it was pretty serious, which kinda scares me off. It was 3 years ago, so it's entirely possible it was just a matter of "stupid youth", but I do wonder if he's worth the risk. If it wasn't for that, I'd say he's about the perfect TE for us in this class.

Love Patterson, Bell, and Cyprien.

Fine with Simon and Klein, though I really wonder if Simon would be a wasted pick at OLB. He seems stiff and a step slow.

But I'm with you, you'd think some of Aaron's talent and skill could be developed out of his younger brother.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Mock. Great job
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like it.

I dont think Cyprien will fall that far though. Too many teams with safety needs and too much talent. The absolute latest I can see him falling is to the Bengals with their pick from the Raiders, I EXPECT the Rams to draft him with one of their two first round picks (Unless they can get Vacarro), or the 49ers to take them with one of their two top 35 picks.

But hey, I had my wishful thinking mock, so I guess this is yours. Smile I would love for that to happen, though.

Also, not a big fan of Bell. In the 4th, he is probably the BPA so I cant argue, but I feel he is somewhat of a wasted pick. I see nothing that really separates him from Dwyer and Redman.
gatek99

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:

Fine with Simon and Klein, though I really wonder if Simon would be a wasted pick at OLB. He seems stiff and a step slow.

Who knows, he is a step slow with his hand on the ground, what can he do standing up? He will instantly be the hardest worker on the team, so maybe he can do something as a pass rusher on the outside

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Also, not a big fan of Bell. In the 4th, he is probably the BPA so I cant argue, but I feel he is somewhat of a wasted pick. I see nothing that really separates him from Dwyer and Redman.

Well I am still hoping we get Bradshaw, then we do not have to spend a pick on a mid round RB.

I would like a Lacy pick though, but who knows last time it did not work out with Mendy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatek99 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Well I am still hoping we get Bradshaw, then we do not have to spend a pick on a mid round RB.

I would like a Lacy pick though, but who knows last time it did not work out with Mendy
bradshaw is a walking injury. I'd like to sign him also but I guarantee he can't stay healthy. They should draft him and take another late round rb to develop.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
gatek99 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

bradshaw is a walking injury. I'd like to sign him also but I guarantee he can't stay healthy. They should draft him and take another late round rb to develop.

Do you mean they should draft Bell and draft another late round guy or sign Bradshaw and draft another late rounder?

Because if we draft 2 RBs, Im going to be furious. Id honestly prefer not even to draft one and sign Bradshaw. This RB class is terrible, top to bottom. Not that there isnt any talent, but Id rather wait a year than overdraft a bum that likely wouldnt help us much immediately anyway.

Also, Bradshaw wouldnt be a full time starter. My guess is he would have 10-13 touches a game and Redman and Dwyer would get the rest. I think that would preserve him a bit.
gatek99

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
gatek99 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Do you mean they should draft Bell and draft another late round guy or sign Bradshaw and draft another late rounder?

Because if we draft 2 RBs, Im going to be furious. Id honestly prefer not even to draft one and sign Bradshaw. This RB class is terrible, top to bottom. Not that there isnt any talent, but Id rather wait a year than overdraft a bum that likely wouldnt help us much immediately anyway.

Also, Bradshaw wouldnt be a full time starter. My guess is he would have 10-13 touches a game and Redman and Dwyer would get the rest. I think that would preserve him a bit.

What I meant was to Draft Bell and sign Bradshaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatek99 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
gatek99 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

What I meant was to Draft Bell and sign Bradshaw

Most post was actually directed at what turtle said (bolded).
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
gatek99 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

I meant sign Bradshaw and draft another RB in the mid to late rounds. I'm not against signing Bradshaw, even though he was a giant, I like him and he's good "when healthy". He can't stay healthy though so I would like them to still draft a running back ontop of signing Bradshaw to an affordable deal.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
gatek99 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

I meant sign Bradshaw and draft another RB in the mid to late rounds. I'm not against signing Bradshaw, even though he was a giant, I like him and he's good "when healthy". He can't stay healthy though so I would like them to still draft a running back ontop of signing Bradshaw to an affordable deal.

Fair enough, but I doubt they will carry 4 RBs. Either the late rounder would have to go to the PS or if they show well enough, Dwyer would probably be cut, but Im pretty sure both Dwyer and Redman will both me on the opening day roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: