Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Final Mock Draft Reply with quote

I am going to be busy for the next week leading up to the draft so I thought I would go ahead and do my last mock draft this year.

1. Jonathan Cooper, G/C, North Carolina
Height: 6-2. Weight: 311

With the Cards, Bills, and Jets all needing guards, one of them might get Warmack, but Cooper might just fit our team better than Warmack anyways. I would love to get a defensive playmaker here but I just don't see it happening. Cooper will come in and be the starter at RG, and we now have one of the best lines in the league with: Roos, Leivtre, Velasco, Cooper, Stewart with Turner, Spencer, Stingily as good depth.

2. Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
Height: 6-4. Weight: 261

He had 54 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 16.5 tackles for a loss, four forced fumbles, a blocked kick and a pass batted in 2012. He would be awesome behind both Morgan and Wimbley and would help with our pass rush greatly.

3. Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia
Height: 5-10. Weight: 193

He had 114 receptions for 1,622 yards and 25 touchdowns in 2012. Yes I know.... and it's not a typo. He could be our slot guy and he would be another playmaker for our offense.

3.*Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 192

He had 40 tackles, 5 interceptions, and 6 passes broken up in 2012. I would love to get his teammate Banks, but to get Slay here would be a steal IMO. He can play outside and let Verner man the nickel some.

4. T.J. McDonald, S, USC
Height: 6-3. Weight: 219

With so many good safeties this year he seems like a forgotten player, but he really isn't all that bad at all. He had 112 tackles, 6.5 tackles for a loss, three passes broken up and two interceptions in 2012. He would be really good depth at safety and could eventually be our starter.

5. Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 243

Would be good linebacker depth who could fill in. He had 109 tackles, 8.5 tackles for a loss, seven passes broken up, one forced fumble and two interceptions in 2012.

6.*Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina
Height: 6-1. Weight: 243

More linebacker depth. He had 85 tackles, 18.5 tackles for a loss, 6.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and six passes breakup.

7. Zac Stacy, RB, Vanderbilt
Height: 5-8. Weight: 216

Would be awesome depth behind CJ and Greene. He could finally get Harper off the roster and isn't that all that matters.

7.*Quanterus Smith, DE, Western Kentucky
Height: 6-5. Weight: 250

More depth at DE can't hurt. He tore his ACL last year but he had 12.5 sacks and 18.5 tackles for loss.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we were looking at Amendola and Welker, but if we grab a WR it would be nice to find a bigger target. Hopefully Dowell plugs Wright into more of a slot role and lets Britt and someone else do more work on the outside.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my favorite draft yet in terms of players drafted and needs filled with quality players that fit our scheme.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
JerseyTitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT draft, I just hope that Okafor can produce at 43 DE and that Slay is still there in the 3rd. Interesting going with two LBs, and then Smith in the 7th (I feel like he is more of a 34 OLB)
painsworth92

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things I've noticed about this year's draft is that I could be happy with most of these mock drafts I've seen for us. Like I personally am not the biggest advocates for okafor and darius slay, but they are both talented and have a chance to be good players for us, so I would be happy with this. Maybe this means I'll be happy with our draft this year when it actually happens! Very Happy Good work dude.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the draft for us but like I always say, there is no way half of those players will still be on the board where you have them, Slay, Hodges, Reddick and Smith could all go much higher than where you have them. Like I said I love the draft, but IMO you should be realistic and getting a talent like Quanterous Smith the the 7th isnt going to happen.

Props to Kempes ^
justing101

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
I love the draft for us but like I always say, there is no way half of those players will still be on the board where you have them, Slay, Hodges, Reddick and Smith could all go much higher than where you have them. Like I said I love the draft, but IMO you should be realistic and getting a talent like Quanterous Smith the the 7th isnt going to happen.

I think it is pretty realistic. I have them all in their projected rounds where they could go. And both Hodges and Reddick are where they are most likely to go, if not a little before. I don't see this mock as unrealistic AT ALL, like some of my others I do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: