Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harrison signs with Bengals
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JustPlainNasty


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 7099
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Harrison signs with Bengals Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000161899/article/james-harrison-cincinnati-bengals-agree-to-contract
_________________
Dcash4 wrote:


...you have a forum resume?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
treat88


Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 6425
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they paid him big bucks. Both for his sake and for SBI sake.

I love the guy, but I dont think hes a great fit as a 43 SLB.
_________________



"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11872
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
I hope they paid him big bucks. Both for his sake and for SBI sake.

I love the guy, but I dont think hes a great fit as a 43 SLB.


Kind of reminds of of Greg Lloyd going to the Panthers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JLambert58


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 429
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:


I love the guy, but I dont think hes a great fit as a 43 SLB.


Not at all. Not sure what they are thinking. He doesn't scare me from that position. He must be kicking himself for not taking the 30% pay cut. Now he's playing for the Bungles, where aging stars go to die. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustPlainNasty


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 7099
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
treat88 wrote:
I hope they paid him big bucks. Both for his sake and for SBI sake.

I love the guy, but I dont think hes a great fit as a 43 SLB.


Kind of reminds of of Greg Lloyd going to the Panthers.


I still have commitment issues because of this...
_________________
Dcash4 wrote:


...you have a forum resume?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 6990
Location: Shazzbot, PA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
I hope they paid him big bucks. Both for his sake and for SBI sake.

I love the guy, but I dont think hes a great fit as a 43 SLB.


Neither do I. I think his contributions for them will be more as a leader on that defense than his play on the field.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kethnaab


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 9844
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von Miller plays SLB for the Broncos. Cinci's DC is a stud. Zimmer knows what he's doing. I'd be worried if I was Ben
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62754
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be equivalent to Lloyd in Carolina IMO, he won't shine in Cincy.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: Today; @ Texans 7. Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11872
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison will do good in run defense situations, but once teams open up the passing game. James Harrison will get exposed!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 24635
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish him luck.... and if he hurts a few Ravens twice a year all the better! Smile
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will bet anyone he will get more sacks than Worilds will. Maybe they will only put him in for passing situations.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49565
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
Harrison will do good in run defense situations, but once teams open up the passing game. James Harrison will get exposed!


I dont think he will be a full time guy.

I could be wrong, but I wouldnt be shocked to see him in on only 1st, 2nd and short yardage 3rd downs. Obvious passing situations I only expect him in on certain packages.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
Harrison will do good in run defense situations, but once teams open up the passing game. James Harrison will get exposed!


I dont think he will be a full time guy.

I could be wrong, but I wouldnt be shocked to see him in on only 1st, 2nd and short yardage 3rd downs. Obvious passing situations I only expect him in on certain packages.


I think he'd excel in long passing situations, where he's asked to blitz the QB. I agree, I didn't think about obvious run situations either. Probably both of those, but Im not sure 1st and 2nd down, where he'd be asked to cover.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49565
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
I will bet anyone he will get more sacks than Worilds will. Maybe they will only put him in for passing situations.


Why would they do that?

His best asset by far now is his ability to play the run.

Obviously, we have no idea how they will use him exactly, but given that he isnt the same pass rusher he once was and that he really isnt good in coverage anymore, putting him in on only passing situations would be a waste of what he does best.

Certain blitz packages I could see him going in, but he should be on the field more often when its NOT obvious passing situations, because thats where he is most likely to get in trouble.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49565
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
Harrison will do good in run defense situations, but once teams open up the passing game. James Harrison will get exposed!


I dont think he will be a full time guy.

I could be wrong, but I wouldnt be shocked to see him in on only 1st, 2nd and short yardage 3rd downs. Obvious passing situations I only expect him in on certain packages.


I think he'd excel in long passing situations, where he's asked to blitz the QB. I agree, I didn't think about obvious run situations either. Probably both of those, but Im not sure 1st and 2nd down, where he'd be asked to cover.


Depends what teams are doing.

If they are playing the Pats or Saints, then James Harrison should probably not be on the field that much.

If they are playing a team like the Vkiings or Bills, they should definitely keep him in most of the game to play the run.

For more balanced teams like ours, I think it will just be a judgment call and whatever Zimmer has planned.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group