Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1 Week Away ----- Draft plans!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: 1 Week Away ----- Draft plans!!! Reply with quote

We are very close to Christmas in April!!!

What are your plans for the Big Draft Weekend.

I am not a very happy camper at the moment because I am working Midnights (10 PM Mountain Time to 8 AM) Thursday and Friday night, so no big eating/drinking night planned for rounds 1-3... and I have weekend duty so I will be at work Saturday during rounds 4-7.

I am hoping since I work the weekend I will at least get Friday night off so I can kick back and enjoy rounds 2-3.

Hate that I have to work... should've put in for time off.

How about you guys. Any plans? Rituals?

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
grubs10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: 1 Week Away ----- Draft plans!!! Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
We are very close to Christmas in April!!!

What are your plans for the Big Draft Weekend.

I am not a very happy camper at the moment because I am working Midnights (10 PM Mountain Time to 8 AM) Thursday and Friday night, so no big eating/drinking night planned for rounds 1-3... and I have weekend duty so I will be at work Saturday during rounds 4-7.

I am hoping since I work the weekend I will at least get Friday night off so I can kick back and enjoy rounds 2-3.

Hate that I have to work... should've put in for time off.

How about you guys. Any plans? Rituals?
I have my last final in a night class thursday night. Guess who is finishing that final as soon as possible.....

Then my graduation is saturday afternoon. and my family is going out to dinner saturday evening. Many times I enhoy the fact that Pitt is done before most colleges but this year is definitly not one of them.

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your graduation grubs!!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The year that Roethlisberger was drafted I made cheeseburgers and onion rings and had a Pepsi. That picked worked out pretty well so it's been a superstition with me ever since to have that every year. That's still my Saturday meal even though the draft is now on Thursdays and Fridays.

So on Thursday night I already got my supreme pizza and will be enjoying that. Not sure what I will be having on Friday night though. I'm thinking mini tacos. I'll most likely will be surrounded by my draft magazines and chatting on here with everyone.

Last year was pretty exciting especially when DD kept falling and there was a chance that he would be there when the Steelers pick came up. Hopefully it will be another fun first round.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@JD...my leave chit is already approved for next Thursday and Friday. The fam is actually going camping with some other families that weekend and the wife is NONE too happy that I will not be joining them. She knows by now that this is, yes, my Christmas, and all other activities take a back seat.

My ritual? I'll have one laptop hooked up via HDMI to the TV and watch NFL network (hopefully streaming live this year again...guess I should check). The other laptop surfing around different sites...and here of course.

I usually print off a "big board" from some site and "scratch" off those selected.

For food? No particular ritual, other than beer...I'm German, it's my heritage!

But, yep, getting excited, even if this year isn't the best for us. At least it's not predictable this year...I mean, last year we knew it was Hightower unless DD dropped, and voila...2010, Pouncey or Iupati. 2007, revis or Timmons. Anyway, just hoping to not be disappointed with our selections!

@ Grubs: Congrats! It's a great feeling, I remember. Great sense of accomplishment...you should feel proud! Enjoy you day!

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
@JD...my leave chit is already approved for next Thursday and Friday. The fam is actually going camping with some other families that weekend and the wife is NONE too happy that I will not be joining them. She knows by now that this is, yes, my Christmas, and all other activities take a back seat.

Laughing Good on ya...

I never really thought much about not being able to be off that weekend. I have been on nights so I was good with having to come to work Thurs-Friday but still be able to see everything but then I moved from Section Chief to Maintenance Production which put me on the weekend duty schedule... and new list comes out... new guy gets put up top and BLAM!!!!!

Bye bye seeing rounds 4-7!!! Crying or Very sad

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife isn't a huge football fan, she 'tolerates' ESPN and things like the Draft, mainly because she doesn't understand all of the different stuff they talk about and the whole draft thing and whatever.

Before we got married she didn't even watch Football. Thanks to me, she is now a proud member of the Steeler Nation. But..she's also going to be upstairs watching Grey's Anatomy, the Big Bang Theory, & Two and a Half Men during the Draft lol.

While I veg out on the couch with my Papa Johns and hope to hell we draft someone good!
stefan52268

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be doing the same thing I have been doing the past six or so years.I know that I mentioned this last year, a few friends and I get together eat pizza wings and drink beer. Then we bet a buck on each pick and whoever wins splits the pot. We have 7 people this year. The most we ever had. We will be in my game room while our women are upstairs watching Magic Mike or some chick flick talking about how lame it is to watch the draft.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
I will be doing the same thing I have been doing the past six or so years.I know that I mentioned this last year, a few friends and I get together eat pizza wings and drink beer. Then we bet a buck on each pick and whoever wins splits the pot. We have 7 people this year. The most we ever had. We will be in my game room while our women are upstairs watching Magic Mike or some chick flick talking about how lame it is to watch the draft.

Sounds about right lol.
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll watch the 1st 2 rounds just to see the droppers and who the Steelers get.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Steelers22

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be attending my first NFL draft this year and I couldn't be more excited

props to dawg24
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got invited to a draft party, but I declined.

I dont know why, but I prefer to watch the draft alone. I think its because I actually like to WATCH the ENTIRE draft, and at draft parties the draft is on TV the only pick people seem to actually WATCH is the Steelers pick.

So, like last year, I will just buy some junk food, have some rum and cherry coke, have my MacBook Air beside me so I can discuss picks on here and watch it at home by myself.

Besides which, Goodell ruined things anyway when he moved the first round to Thurdday night. Even though myself and a few others requested and got Friday off, alot of people still have to get up for work on Friday morn.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers22 wrote:
I'm going to be attending my first NFL draft this year and I couldn't be more excited

In the Radio City Music Hall? Seriously?
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Got invited to a draft party, but I declined.

I dont know why, but I prefer to watch the draft alone. I think its because I actually like to WATCH the ENTIRE draft, and at draft parties the draft is on TV the only pick people seem to actually WATCH is the Steelers pick.

So, like last year, I will just buy some junk food, have some rum and cherry coke, have my MacBook Air beside me so I can discuss picks on here and watch it at home by myself.

Besides which, Goodell ruined things anyway when he moved the first round to Thurdday night. Even though myself and a few others requested and got Friday off, alot of people still have to get up for work on Friday morn.

I never liked that decision at all.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
at23steelers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im gonna be curled up watching CSPAN and eating mushroom and squash medley.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: