Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Culliver acts like a bonehead.. again
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4evera9er

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Chris Culliver acts like a bonehead.. again Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000161580/article/niners-aware-of-chris-cullivers-lewd-instagram-post

I'm sorry but I'm really getting over this kid. He's got a lot of potential but the kid is a total tool.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly... who the F cares about his political views, what he thinks of men or women, what kind of education he has, where he is from, or if his skin color is black white blue green or orange... all i care about is can the kid play football at an elite level? Yes. Does the kid work hard? Yes. Does he rise to the occasion? Most of the time yes albeit he had a sub par game in the SB and wasn't as "shut down" later in the season as he was early on. But its not like he was making bonehead plays or anything like that, a lot of the passes completed against him were just perfect passes. There is no defense for a perfect pass. Culliver is still growing as a player and a man, I don't think this will have any effect on his future. No reason to get all uppity about it.

[sarcasm]omg no way a professional athlete used a derogatory word towards women? Let's get him with our pitch forks and torches [/ sarcasm]

Honestly you could say this about Aldon, Anthony Davis, crabs... none of them are bad guys by any means, and they all are superb footballers.

IF YOU ARE A TRUE FAN YOU SUPPORT YOUR PLAYERS YOU DONT TEAR THEM DOWN for no reason. If they struggle on the field that's one thing, but for this? Or what he said before the SB? Its all just background noise getting in the way of the big picture... non issue

When did the world become so politically correct?

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
4evera9er

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
IF YOU ARE A TRUE FAN YOU SUPPORT YOUR PLAYERS YOU DONT TEAR THEM DOWN for no reason. If they struggle on the field that's one thing, but for this? Or what he said before the SB? Its all just background noise getting in the way of the big picture... non issue

I've been sitting here for a while so dumbfounded by your response that I don't even know where to start, so I won't.

I'll just say that we clearly have different opinions on what makes a professional football player.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, elaborate. I don't take anything personally. maybe the "if you are a real fan" stuff was a bit overboard, but I don't think anything I am saying is wrong. Like for reals, a professional athlete called a woman a bad word? Only the 10 millionth time that has happened in the past year. His mistake was posting it on instagram.

Please tell me what you are thinking, I am genuinely interested to hear the other side of it and why this is such a big deal. Why will this effect his play?

At the end of the day he is a 49er. At the end of the day all I care about is #6. Cully is an important part of our defense and one could argue he is our best player in our secondary. I don't care about what he thinks of women, or anything really, as long as he balls out when he is on the field

Obviously he is not a model citizen, and doesn't epitomize class like jerry rice, but that doesn't make him a bad guy. He's not carrying around a gun or drinking too much the night before games, he used a bad word... godforbid a grown man speaks his mind in this day and age

As you might be able to deduce from the sig, the Superbowl loss has me feeling bitter.

GO NINERS

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
Honestly... who the F cares about his political views, what he thinks of men or women, what kind of education he has, where he is from, or if his skin color is black white blue green or orange... all i care about is can the kid play football at an elite level? Yes. Does the kid work hard? Yes. Does he rise to the occasion? Most of the time yes albeit he had a sub par game in the SB and wasn't as "shut down" later in the season as he was early on. But its not like he was making bonehead plays or anything like that, a lot of the passes completed against him were just perfect passes. There is no defense for a perfect pass. Culliver is still growing as a player and a man, I don't think this will have any effect on his future. No reason to get all uppity about it.

[sarcasm]omg no way a professional athlete used a derogatory word towards women? Let's get him with our pitch forks and torches [/ sarcasm]

Honestly you could say this about Aldon, Anthony Davis, crabs... none of them are bad guys by any means, and they all are superb footballers.

When did the world become so politically correct?

Without addressing his specific comments but more the general gist of your post I will respond by saying that for what it's worth count me as someone who cares about some of this. I'd would like the guys I cheer for and hold up as "heroes" of sorts to also be good, decent people with some character. I would also greatly prefer that guys who are kids are gooing t addmire and who are going to become role models for kids behave in ways that are worth having kids emulate. My question sort of in line with yours would be when did the world become so infatuated with winning at any cost that people no longer care about things like simple decency? When did the world become such that as long as someone wears the colors of one's favorite team it doesn't matter what kind of person they are?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah... he should probably just shut up.

why would he post that? if he talked with his friends like that, thats one thing. but posting the conversation.... thats another

when he talks, i usually laugh too.

social media can make some people look real smart sometimes Rolling Eyes

new sig... sorry alex
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
yeah... he should probably just shut up.

why would he post that? if he talked with his friends like that, thats one thing. but posting the conversation.... thats another

when he talks, i usually laugh too.

social media can make some people look real smart sometimes Rolling Eyes

That's one thing... if his friends are okay with that, maybe he needs better friends as well. If I said stuff like that, there would assuredly be people telling me to tone it down. Even more if I was a public figure. Culliver is irresponsible, his friends are irresponsible. Bad mix. He needs to grow up and learn to be a stand-up citizen and a role model, and he needs to surround himself with people who will keep him on the straight and narrow. He is a public figure. When you make the decision of stepping into the spotlight, you have to hold yourself to higher standards. If he had an anonymous job picking up garbage, no one would care. But when 10 year old kids look up to you, you have to act responsibly.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Without addressing his specific comments but more the general gist of your post I will respond by saying that for what it's worth count me as someone who cares about some of this. I'd would like the guys I cheer for and hold up as "heroes" of sorts to also be good, decent people with some character. I would also greatly prefer that guys who are kids are gooing t addmire and who are going to become role models for kids behave in ways that are worth having kids emulate. My question sort of in line with yours would be when did the world become so infatuated with winning at any cost that people no longer care about things like simple decency? When did the world become such that as long as someone wears the colors of one's favorite team it doesn't matter what kind of person they are?

So much this. I could not agree more.

Football is a game - one that means far less to me than my feelings on a person's character, be it good or bad. There are some people I can respect, and some I can't. The ones I can't respect, I don't want to cheer for. And if I don't want to cheer for them, I don't want them a part of an organization I DO want to cheer for.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Football is a game - one that means far less to me than my feelings on a person's character, be it good or bad. There are some people I can respect, and some I can't. The ones I can't respect, I don't want to cheer for. And if I don't want to cheer for them, I don't want them a part of an organization I DO want to cheer for.

+1000. Couldn't have said it better.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Thank you, Big and Y2. I need not say anymore as it was said so much better already by the two of you.
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Forge wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Thank you, Big and Y2. I need not say anymore as it was said so much better already by the two of you.

You nailed it perfectly.

My hope is Culliver gets pulled aside by some vets and his family and gets the "Talk" you know the onewhere the guys remind you about your place in life and that the public eye is on you so stop being a dunce.Cully is a 20yr old kid who hasn't became a man mentaly yet.I think this will all blow over.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly this isn't even that serious. He plays football so this is becoming a bigger deal than it needs to be. I guarantee you 99% of professional sports players agree with what Chris Culliver posted. His only mistake is posting that on IG. THAT was dumb. But the infraction itself isn't something serious at all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:
Honestly this isn't even that serious. He plays football so this is becoming a bigger deal than it needs to be. I guarantee you 99% of professional sports players agree with what Chris Culliver posted. His only mistake is posting that on IG. THAT was dumb. But the infraction itself isn't something serious at all.

I don't think anyone is saying they cannot have their own opinions/personalities. We're just saying none of it needs to be made public, especially if it can be construed as disrespectful/offensive to others. Think before you act/speak.
Miami49er

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Miami49er wrote:

I don't think anyone is saying they cannot have their own opinions/personalities. We're just saying none of it needs to be made public, especially if it can be construed as disrespectful/offensive to others. Think before you act/speak.
i agree. that's why i said the only dumb thing he did was post it on instagram. but he's not a bad guy. just immature. i'll start caring when he gets in trouble with the law. i don't even think what he said before the superbowl was that serious. but due to the rules on this forum i won't get into why i feel that way.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media overblows everything these days. Yeah he probably should watch what he says, but do you honestly think he is a bad person? He's 24 and little bit immature. We've had a ton of players in our organization who would have been in the news a lot more if they had played today. Point and case ........

http://www.sportsrumormill.com/threads/charles-haley-was-and-remains-insane.95699/

Chris Culliver is a football player for the San Francisco 49ers and I will continue to support him until that statement is no longer true.

Also to add to this I do think Charles Haley should be in the hall of fame, I was just using him as an example.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: