Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Falcons Safety William Moore arrested for battery
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29498
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Can't imagine him being suspended, if found guilty. Moore isn't a repeat offender for anything of this sort; suspending him over one offence doesn't sound reasonable to me.

I'm curious what the situation was that got him arrested?
considering it's a charge that doesn't carry any actual jail time and his only other offense on his GA record is driving with a suspended license? It's not going to do anything.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29498
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Will almost definitely face some kind of suspension for this... bad news for the Falcons. Is it too much to ask for it to be a 3-week suspension at least so the Dolphins don't have to face this guy? Laughing
If there's no jail time, and there isn't. Why would there be a suspension? (illogical).
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FrostyCow


Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 562
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Will almost definitely face some kind of suspension for this... bad news for the Falcons. Is it too much to ask for it to be a 3-week suspension at least so the Dolphins don't have to face this guy? Laughing
If there's no jail time, and there isn't. Why would there be a suspension? (illogical).


Ben Roethlisberger got a suspension without even being prosecuted. The NFL will suspend players simply for bad press sometimes, it's been known to happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Insane82


Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 706
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrostyCow wrote:
scar988 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Will almost definitely face some kind of suspension for this... bad news for the Falcons. Is it too much to ask for it to be a 3-week suspension at least so the Dolphins don't have to face this guy? Laughing
If there's no jail time, and there isn't. Why would there be a suspension? (illogical).


Ben Roethlisberger got a suspension without even being prosecuted. The NFL will suspend players simply for bad press sometimes, it's been known to happen.


Simple Battery doenst= Alleged Rape
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nagahide13


Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Posts: 11079
Location: Stumptown
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
He's 6'0" and 220lbs. I'm sure any type of physical aggression towards most on the planet that aren't heavyweight boxers is going to hurt/strike fear.


Who knows, man. Look at what Amari Spievey was arrested for earlier this offseason.

I don't know what happened here, but you shouldn't be punished or unable to defend yourself just because your a big dude. On the flip side, people shouldn't hurt other people without legal provocation.

I think those last two sentences firmly plant me in no-mans land, right? Good.
_________________
LION KING wrote:
I actually feel nothing anymore !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FrostyCow


Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 562
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane82 wrote:
FrostyCow wrote:
scar988 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Will almost definitely face some kind of suspension for this... bad news for the Falcons. Is it too much to ask for it to be a 3-week suspension at least so the Dolphins don't have to face this guy? Laughing
If there's no jail time, and there isn't. Why would there be a suspension? (illogical).


Ben Roethlisberger got a suspension without even being prosecuted. The NFL will suspend players simply for bad press sometimes, it's been known to happen.


Simple Battery doenst= Alleged Rape


My point is, it's not "illogical" to think there could be a suspension without jail time, as you've stated. It's happened to Larry Johnson as well, albeit after alleged repeated offenses. It may be unlikely for Moore to get a suspension, but linking the possibility of a suspension to jail time makes little sense, as the NFL has shown multiple times the court of Goodell and the court of law are very separate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nagahide13


Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Posts: 11079
Location: Stumptown
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrostyCow wrote:
Insane82 wrote:
FrostyCow wrote:
scar988 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Will almost definitely face some kind of suspension for this... bad news for the Falcons. Is it too much to ask for it to be a 3-week suspension at least so the Dolphins don't have to face this guy? Laughing
If there's no jail time, and there isn't. Why would there be a suspension? (illogical).


Ben Roethlisberger got a suspension without even being prosecuted. The NFL will suspend players simply for bad press sometimes, it's been known to happen.


Simple Battery doenst= Alleged Rape


My point is, it's not "illogical" to think there could be a suspension without jail time, as you've stated. It's happened to Larry Johnson as well, albeit after alleged repeated offenses. It may be unlikely for Moore to get a suspension, but linking the possibility of a suspension to jail time makes little sense, as the NFL has shown multiple times the court of Goodell and the court of law are very separate.


I don't necessarily disagree, but Big Ben was at least accused of the same very serious thing twice, and the NFL conducted it's own separate investigation.

Right now this is a misdemeanor charge about which we know pretty much nothing.
_________________
LION KING wrote:
I actually feel nothing anymore !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39676
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
#Falcons William Moore remains at Fulton Co. Jail after judge set $2,500 bond in battery charge, according to Sheriff officials.


http://twitter.com/ajcsportseditor/statuses/325291404546949121
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frank-O


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 1140
Location: Wisconsin - Cheeseland
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
#Falcons William Moore remains at Fulton Co. Jail after judge set $2,500 bond in battery charge, according to Sheriff officials.


http://twitter.com/ajcsportseditor/statuses/325291404546949121

$2,500 cash bond for a "simple battery" charge? It must be a little more than that if the judge is setting his bond that high, wouldn't you think?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 4296
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
Malik wrote:
He's 6'0" and 220lbs. I'm sure any type of physical aggression towards most on the planet that aren't heavyweight boxers is going to hurt/strike fear.


Who knows, man. Look at what Amari Spievey was arrested for earlier this offseason.

I don't know what happened here, but you shouldn't be punished or unable to defend yourself just because your a big dude. On the flip side, people shouldn't hurt other people without legal provocation.

I think those last two sentences firmly plant me in no-mans land, right? Good.


I mean all people should be allowed to defend themselves. Ideally speaking if you know you are FAR more physically imposing than the other person than it would be best to practice discretion unless they have some sort of weapon. This is a tad off-topic though.

I don't think he will be suspended because relatively speaking it's a "light" offense and it's his first. Personally, I'd suspend any player at least 2 games for any domestic abusive and then ratchet it up depending on the severity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 3353
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the Saints won't have to worry about him in week 1 now. Laughing
_________________


"We know we can be the best football team in this league."
- Sean Payton

Adopt a Saint
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83016
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Maybe the Saints won't have to worry about him in week 1 now. Laughing


Do the Saints ever worry when they have the ball? Its the other side that worries them...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Global Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 3815
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt he'll get jail time or suspended. In the eyes of the NFL, this isn't a serious issue yet.
_________________


2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulger2holt


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 1561
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a tweet that said Moore was released. Haven't see it confirmed anywhere else though.


Edit. Released from jail. Damn, I am an idiot. That's what I get for skimming and not reading.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group