Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Falcons Safety William Moore arrested for battery
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Can't imagine him being suspended, if found guilty. Moore isn't a repeat offender for anything of this sort; suspending him over one offence doesn't sound reasonable to me.

I'm curious what the situation was that got him arrested?
considering it's a charge that doesn't carry any actual jail time and his only other offense on his GA record is driving with a suspended license? It's not going to do anything.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Will almost definitely face some kind of suspension for this... bad news for the Falcons. Is it too much to ask for it to be a 3-week suspension at least so the Dolphins don't have to face this guy? Laughing
If there's no jail time, and there isn't. Why would there be a suspension? (illogical).

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
FrostyCow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Will almost definitely face some kind of suspension for this... bad news for the Falcons. Is it too much to ask for it to be a 3-week suspension at least so the Dolphins don't have to face this guy? Laughing
If there's no jail time, and there isn't. Why would there be a suspension? (illogical).

Ben Roethlisberger got a suspension without even being prosecuted. The NFL will suspend players simply for bad press sometimes, it's been known to happen.
Insane82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrostyCow wrote:
scar988 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

Ben Roethlisberger got a suspension without even being prosecuted. The NFL will suspend players simply for bad press sometimes, it's been known to happen.

Simple Battery doenst= Alleged Rape
nagahide13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
He's 6'0" and 220lbs. I'm sure any type of physical aggression towards most on the planet that aren't heavyweight boxers is going to hurt/strike fear.

Who knows, man. Look at what Amari Spievey was arrested for earlier this offseason.

I don't know what happened here, but you shouldn't be punished or unable to defend yourself just because your a big dude. On the flip side, people shouldn't hurt other people without legal provocation.

I think those last two sentences firmly plant me in no-mans land, right? Good.
FrostyCow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane82 wrote:
FrostyCow wrote:
scar988 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

My point is, it's not "illogical" to think there could be a suspension without jail time, as you've stated. It's happened to Larry Johnson as well, albeit after alleged repeated offenses. It may be unlikely for Moore to get a suspension, but linking the possibility of a suspension to jail time makes little sense, as the NFL has shown multiple times the court of Goodell and the court of law are very separate.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrostyCow wrote:
Insane82 wrote:
FrostyCow wrote:
scar988 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

My point is, it's not "illogical" to think there could be a suspension without jail time, as you've stated. It's happened to Larry Johnson as well, albeit after alleged repeated offenses. It may be unlikely for Moore to get a suspension, but linking the possibility of a suspension to jail time makes little sense, as the NFL has shown multiple times the court of Goodell and the court of law are very separate.

I don't necessarily disagree, but Big Ben was at least accused of the same very serious thing twice, and the NFL conducted it's own separate investigation.

Right now this is a misdemeanor charge about which we know pretty much nothing.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
#Falcons William Moore remains at Fulton Co. Jail after judge set $2,500 bond in battery charge, according to Sheriff officials.

http://twitter.com/ajcsportseditor/statuses/325291404546949121
Tom Brady Tribute
Frank-O

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
#Falcons William Moore remains at Fulton Co. Jail after judge set $2,500 bond in battery charge, according to Sheriff officials.

http://twitter.com/ajcsportseditor/statuses/325291404546949121

$2,500 cash bond for a "simple battery" charge? It must be a little more than that if the judge is setting his bond that high, wouldn't you think?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
Malik wrote:
He's 6'0" and 220lbs. I'm sure any type of physical aggression towards most on the planet that aren't heavyweight boxers is going to hurt/strike fear.

Who knows, man. Look at what Amari Spievey was arrested for earlier this offseason.

I don't know what happened here, but you shouldn't be punished or unable to defend yourself just because your a big dude. On the flip side, people shouldn't hurt other people without legal provocation.

I think those last two sentences firmly plant me in no-mans land, right? Good.

I mean all people should be allowed to defend themselves. Ideally speaking if you know you are FAR more physically imposing than the other person than it would be best to practice discretion unless they have some sort of weapon. This is a tad off-topic though.

I don't think he will be suspended because relatively speaking it's a "light" offense and it's his first. Personally, I'd suspend any player at least 2 games for any domestic abusive and then ratchet it up depending on the severity.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the Saints won't have to worry about him in week 1 now. Laughing

"We know we can be the best football team in this league."
- Sean Payton

Adopt a Saint
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Maybe the Saints won't have to worry about him in week 1 now. Laughing

Do the Saints ever worry when they have the ball? Its the other side that worries them...

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt he'll get jail time or suspended. In the eyes of the NFL, this isn't a serious issue yet.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a tweet that said Moore was released. Haven't see it confirmed anywhere else though.

Edit. Released from jail. Damn, I am an idiot. That's what I get for skimming and not reading.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: