Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys schedule released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see them losing more than 4 of those games.. but that almost seems too good to be true.

Week 1: Win
Week 2: Win
Week 3: Win
Week 4: Win
Week 5: Loss
Week 6: Win
Week 7: Win
Week 8: Win
Week 9: Win
Week 10: Loss
Week 11: BYE
Week 12: Loss
Week 13: Win
Week 14: Win
Week 15: Win
Week 16: Loss
Week 17: Win

If everyone stays relatively healthy, I don't see why their record will be worse than 11-5. I'm going to be bold and say 12-4.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
OMG. This is fantastic. We open with the Giants. We play the Redskins and Eagles to end the season. (Start and End at home). Week 11 Bye. Giants then Raiders on Thanksgiving. No more than two back-to-back road games. This is honestly a VERY favorable schedule.

Agree that this is a favourable schedule. I am absolutely stunned that we have a late bye week. Extremely beneficial combined with the break post Thanksgiving. Very nice.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much optimism in here. Knock that stuff off....i fear youre setting me up for disappointment.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Cowboys schedule released Reply with quote

Wow, a meaningful bye week for a change. Whose salad did we have to toss in order to land that?

Week 1 Vs Giants - L
Week 2 @ Chiefs - W
wk 3 Vs Rams - W
wk 4 @ Chargers - W
wk 5 vs Broncos - L
wk 6 Vs Redskins - W
wk 7 @ Eagles - W
wk 8 @ Lions - W
wk 9 vs Vikings - W
wk 10 @ Saints - L
wk 11 Bye Week
wk 12 @ Giants - W
wk 13 vs Raiders - W
wk 14 @ Bears - L
wk 15 vs Packers - L
wk 16 @ Redskins - W
wk 17 vs Eagles - L

10-6, IF we stay healthy. If we're hit with the same number of injuries as last year, we'll be lucky to go 7-9.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I really admire all of the enthusiasum in here. It does give us something to get excited about. But I am sitting here and asking myself: " Do I have the first frickin clue what ANY of these treams will be like come Sept, Oct, Nov or Dec?" I mean, who really saw Seatlle being good last year? I remember all of our posts in week 2 saying how we would crush them....... Didn't see that coming.

But I do agree that a mid season bye week is a significant factor in our favor. AND I like that we open and close the season at home. AND I like all the prime time games.

Ripping good stuff!
Ace5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the pre bye schedule and the late bye week, even with the fifth preseason game making it 17 straight "games" with no break. That post bye schedule is significantly more worrisome to me. The NFL has set the stage for that half bull half true December conversation once again.
Ace5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And by 17 I meant fifteen. Ran out of bottles to count on.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
I have to say I really admire all of the enthusiasum in here. It does give us something to get excited about. But I am sitting here and asking myself: " Do I have the first frickin clue what ANY of these treams will be like come Sept, Oct, Nov or Dec?" I mean, who really saw Seatlle being good last year? I remember all of our posts in week 2 saying how we would crush them....... Didn't see that coming.

But I do agree that a mid season bye week is a significant factor in our favor. AND I like that we open and close the season at home. AND I like all the prime time games.

Ripping good stuff!

I did.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see a 10-6 season out of us. Not expecting it, but its plausible. Although I would like to see what we do with the rest of the offseason.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
JWingate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1 Vs Giants L
Week 2 @ Chiefs W
wk 3 Vs Rams W
wk 4 @ Chargers W
wk 5 vs Broncos L
wk 6 Vs Redskins L
wk 7 @ Eagles W
wk 8 @ Lions W
wk 9 vs Vikings W
wk 10 @ Saints L
wk 11 Bye Week
wk 12 @ Giants W
wk 13 vs Raiders W
wk 14 @ Bears W
wk 15 vs Packers L
wk 16 @ Redskins L
wk 17 vs Eagles W

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we stay healthy i can see us winning 10+ games...however, if we catch the injury bug again this season we dont have much for depth at any position and it will be very hard to win that many games. It also will depend on jason garretts late game management and if he calls plays...his play calling. He has held us back the past couple seasons. Time to see some growth in his coaching abilities.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With this schedule, and a healthier team then last season, I think we are heading to the PO. There's a lot of games here where I see us as favourites. The only problem is that we have no idea what our D will play like, since this is the first season in a new scheme with a new DC..

- Also I expect us to beat Saints if our D are quickly to learn the new scheme. We all know the growing pains in Rob Ryans scheme, and I think that the Saints will suffer under that for atleast a season or two.. also add in that they lack good 3-4 OLB's and DB's who fit Ryans scheme.

Gotta love this schedule.. But the Bears (dangerous O), Chiefs (very underrated roster) and maybe the Lions or Vikings could get a win.. especially the Chiefs, I have to say I fear a bit..You never know about the Vikings either
Northland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very happy with the schedule and the late bye, however it is way too early for me to start projecting records or extended playoff runs. Still a lot of work to be done.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
With this schedule, and a healthier team then last season, I think we are heading to the PO. There's a lot of games here where I see us as favourites. The only problem is that we have no idea what our D will play like, since this is the first season in a new scheme with a new DC..

- Also I expect us to beat Saints if our D are quickly to learn the new scheme. We all know the growing pains in Rob Ryans scheme, and I think that the Saints will suffer under that for atleast a season or two.. also add in that they lack good 3-4 OLB's and DB's who fit Ryans scheme.

Gotta love this schedule.. But the Bears (dangerous O), Chiefs (very underrated roster) and maybe the Lions or Vikings could get a win.. especially the Chiefs, I have to say I fear a bit..You never know about the Vikings either

I think your right about the Chiefs. They are the best bad team I've seen. Andy and Alex will help them a ton. I think this game sets up just like the SeaHawks game last season... We're riding a high after beating the Giants, travel to a team we all think we should beat and get smacked.

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm marking down week 3. I waana crush the rams and gloat at jrry so bad.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: