Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tennessee Titans 2013 NFL SCHEDULE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Locker will be tested.

But I'm not conceding defeat to all those teams.

Right out the gate even in Pre Season Locker will be tested. Redskins and Bengals have good Ds. Atlantas isnt a power house but still is a good test for Locker to play 3 quarters against. Then opening day in Pitt where road teams barely win then in Houston where he lasted a drive last year then home opener against a team the Tennessee Titans have never beaten so ya Locker will be tested all camp long especially with Fitzpatrick breathing down his neck

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing that I think Big Ben is overrated and I absolutely hate the Steelers, I am happy that we can open against them. Hope we beat them again this year! Twisted Evil
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always play them good at home but havnt looked good in Pitt since 03

Sig by daboyle250

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the last game vs Texans at home. I could see a situation where the play-offs ride on that game and it is better to be at home.

Munch doesn't like starting the season with 2 away games..

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/One-on-One-Mike-Munchak-on-Schedule-Release/253d7456-99a9-4f22-b94b-17986f050cf2

2014 Adopt-A-Titan Zach Mettenberger 7
Finnerception

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
One last thought.
We knew who we were going to play and were. Now we know the when.
Why now the despair about the schedule?

I never get that. Lol. It all comes together in the end. If you didn't think we could beat the Steelers Niners and Seahawks. Why be upset at when we play them?

Just curious on the thought going into that thinking

MY BAD. Didn't know I wasn't allowed to point out how we play the 2 best teams in the NFL in back to back weeks. Didn't know you had previous knowledge that they were going to be back to back on our schedule either.

Criticize on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Timing for the StL game. I'll definitely be going to that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
I like the last game vs Texans at home. I could see a situation where the play-offs ride on that game and it is better to be at home.

Munch doesn't like starting the season with 2 away games..

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/One-on-One-Mike-Munchak-on-Schedule-Release/253d7456-99a9-4f22-b94b-17986f050cf2

Its actually 3 weeks in a row of traveling to start the season if you count the 4th pre season game. i was gonna say to sound positive maybe where there on the road together it will bring the team together but in all reality footballs just a different breed with that stuff it may work in Baseball Hockey or basketball but doesnt seem to work like that in the NFL

Sig by daboyle250

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
One last thought.
We knew who we were going to play and where. Now we know the when.
Why now the despair about the schedule?

I never get that. Lol. It all comes together in the end. If you didn't think we could beat the Steelers Niners and Seahawks. Why be upset at when we play them?

Just curious on the thought going into that thinking

MY BAD. Didn't know I wasn't allowed to point out how we play the 2 best teams in the NFL in back to back weeks. Didn't know you had previous knowledge that they were going to be back to back on our schedule either.

Criticize on.

Sigh....

My post wasn't even directed at you....get over yourself.

And look again, at what point did I say I knew it was back to back?
I said we knew who were were going to play and where....We knew the home and away schedule...just didn't know the dates....

As I said....we knew our opponents months ago.. I'm asking, not you, why are so many so bummed?

Yeah the spacing in playing them isn't ideal, but we still play them where we knew long ago...

I'm just not so hung up on the schedule dates...and I was curious on why some were? I'm more concerned on who we play and if its home or away..personal preference i guess...
coleman51

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely dig the schedule. Much better than past two years. We don't open vs New England!!

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
VY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least we should know early what kind of team we have. I prefer this than playing Jacksonville and the Chiefs at home the first two weeks (or something similar) where we maybe win 2 early games and get ahead of ourselves. Good to have a challenge early.

Schedule is really streaky though, and that 3 game road trip is tough. They at least could have put Denver & Oakland back to back so they could just stay out west that whole time. If we somehow manage to go 4-3 into the bye, we may have a chance for the playoffs.
DannyWallace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-6 and a wildcard berth, on the heels of a vastly improved and healthy offense and a stingy defense that forces turnovers and changes games.

You heard it here first.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can see how "when" you play a team is important. Injuries, resting for playoffs...etc...

I can see at least 9 wins just thinking about how the team played last year.

But we don't know what kind of team the Titans will be this year. FA additions, Loggins running the show from day one, and Gregg Williams influence all make huge differences.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
I definitely dig the schedule. Much better than past two years. We don't open vs New England!!

Why do you dig this schedule? at Pitt at Hou vs SD (team we've never beat to start. at Seattle vs SF at 4EST to give them a normal start time of all things. Then late in the season 3 straight weeks of traveling 2 out of 3 on the west coast with at Oakland at Indy at Denver. I would of rathered Oaqk and Denver back to back that way they could of stayed on the west coast. and vs Houston to close it out this is a very tough schedule in the way its formated but who knows lets see what were made of i guess hope Locker can stay healthy

Sig by daboyle250

Shaun Phillips:

Ropati Pitoitua:
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon people, don’t get your panties twisted in a knot over the freaking schedule. Like always, none of us know how things are gonna turn out. That’s not to say that we can’t take an educated guess, but there are way too many “X” factors that can and will play into it all…injuries, the occasional bad calls, sometimes gameplanning/play calling, etc. That’s why they play the game, and all we can do is wait and see. I’m very indifferent about the schedule. Personally, I really don’t give a crap who we play, or when, or where we play them. All I care about is how we handle our business when we hit the field. With that being said, so far I like everything we've done this offseason from the staff to the roster. We didn't overpay to keep anybody and we didn't sit back and wait to go after anyone. I’ll wait to see how we cap it off in the draft before I give my full “state of the union” address about the upcoming season.
coleman51

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
coleman51 wrote:

Why do you dig this schedule? at Pitt at Hou vs SD (team we've never beat to start. at Seattle vs SF at 4EST to give them a normal start time of all things. Then late in the season 3 straight weeks of traveling 2 out of 3 on the west coast with at Oakland at Indy at Denver. I would of rathered Oaqk and Denver back to back that way they could of stayed on the west coast. and vs Houston to close it out this is a very tough schedule in the way its formated but who knows lets see what were made of i guess hope Locker can stay healthy

I don't prefer to start two games on the road, but after all we did beat Pittsburgh last year. It's a much better opening schedule then we've had, and all of those games are winnable.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: