Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hawks 2013 Schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't looked over the later part of the schedule yet, but I'm very disappointed by the early part of it. Personally, I was hoping for the season opener to be IN SF so the team could get an early gauge of where it stood against it's toughest opponent on the road. Instead we get a game against a lesser opponent that we should beat handily if we consider ourselves contenders, on the road with an early start time. This game is a high risk-low reward game, instead of a low risk-high reward game that would really benefit this team later on.

If we beat this Carolina team, we really gain next to nothing as we are all expecting this team to compete for the conference title. Maybe a little confidence about playing on the road, but realistically, this team should handle Carolina.

If we lose, it could really set the team up for a snowball effect of losing confidence and playing catch-up the rest of the year. It would also come closer to making the week 2 game vs SF a "must win" game because we will almost certainly need to win at home vs SF to offset what could very likely be a road loss later in the year to them and we won't be able to afford giving away the tie-breaker that easily.

The early part of this schedule is going to be crucial to the 'Hawks success, they can't start out like they did last year and count on catching fire late again. If this team is ready to contend for a title they will need to come out of the starting gates with postseason intensity and really set up the rest of the season with a strong showing early.
silus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Clayton was going off on the 10am games. It seems like its a big debate in the Seattle broadcasting/journalist community. Some think it really means nothing.

Personally I feel that the Seahawks could go undefeated through the first 3/4 of the season. They are looking to steamroll the NFL this year.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
John Clayton was going off on the 10am games. It seems like its a big debate in the Seattle broadcasting/journalist community. Some think it really means nothing.

Personally I feel that the Seahawks could go undefeated through the first 3/4 of the season. They are looking to steamroll the NFL this year.
Who isn't looking to steamroll the league?

I doubt Seattle wins at Carolina to start the season. Yeah it's winnable but that doesn't mean a thing. It's the first game of the year on the road. The Panthers aren't a bad team.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
silus wrote:

Who isn't looking to steamroll the league?

I doubt Seattle wins at Carolina to start the season. Yeah it's winnable but that doesn't mean a thing. It's the first game of the year on the road. The Panthers aren't a bad team.

im going to get loud and make them hear me!

WINTER IS COMING
clubmember

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I really just read a prediction thread for our record, and the biggest prediction was 10-6? For one of the best teams in the league? Are you serious? Pessimistic bunch over here, I guarantee we exceed that win total this year!

Seahawks

Week 1 Seahawks @ Panthers - W, I see a faster start this year.

Week 2 49ers @ Seahawks - W, But it's a close one. We are just too good at home.

Week 3 Jaguars @ Seahawks - W, I'm gonna throw in some upsets, but most will be road upsets as the Seahawks have a really easy home schedule.

Week 4 Seahawks @ Texans W, I just think we match up against the Texans well. Just me.

Week 5 Seahawks @ Colts L, the Hawks tend to start slow in the beginning and finish fast. I could really imagine Andrew Luck leading a comeback drive against us, but only on the road.

Week 6 Titans @ Seahawks W, talent disparity is way too high.

Week 7 Seahawks @ Cardinals W, I'm not sure how the Cardinals defense will fair without Ray Horton.

Week 8 Seahawks @ Rams L, our run D chokes and Sam Bradford musters some late game heroics as he pulls out the win.

Week 9 Bucs @ Seahawks L, the Seahawks are stunned at home by the Bucs. Josh Freeman has a big day, as does Doug Martin. Not a bad matchup for the Bucs.

Week 10 Seahawks @ Falcons W, Wilson gets his revenge in this one with the defense hanging on at the end.

Week 11 Vikings @ Seahawks W, but it's close.

Week 12 BYE

Week 13 Saints @ Seahawks W, it's a home game which decides it for me.

Week 14 Seahawks @ 49ers L, we split with the 49ers.

Week 15 Seahawks @ Giants W, rebounding off the 49er game.

Week 16 Cardinals @ Seahawks W, gaining momentum.

Week 17 Rams @ Seahawks W, we steamroll the Rams in this one. End the season on a 3 game winning streak for an overall record of

12-4, hopefully for a division crown.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say pessimistic, just cautiously optimistic Laughing
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I went through it, I gave us a level-headed 11-5. I'll go back through it game by game and see what I think. I'd like to see who we select before making any solid picks.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
The first time I went through it, I gave us a level-headed 11-5. I'll go back through it game by game and see what I think. I'd like to see who we select before making any solid picks.
Not really sure our draft will change much for us, tbh. How much will a second round pick play for us with our depth, honestly. Sure Bobby Wagner played at a DROY level, Golden Tate came into his own, and of course Max Unger at a Pro-Bowl level, but they were sort of forced into their roles. Outside of maybe some rotational DL spots, or a spot on the line, I don't see many players making it to our second round pick that would impact our record much.

That's just me though.

IDOG_det

#JDI
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Not really sure our draft will change much for us, tbh. How much will a second round pick play for us with our depth, honestly. Sure Bobby Wagner played at a DROY level, Golden Tate came into his own, and of course Max Unger at a Pro-Bowl level, but they were sort of forced into their roles. Outside of maybe some rotational DL spots, or a spot on the line, I don't see many players making it to our second round pick that would impact our record much.

That's just me though.
there are a couple OL guys that could potentially be there in the 2nd that would change my outlook on our OL and potentially our offense as a whole to a degree

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
clubmember

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
I wouldn't say pessimistic, just cautiously optimistic Laughing

That's good lol Smile But remember, we are a great team! Don't be afraid to brag about it Very Happy You never know when we turn into a doormat again, I'm savoring this while I can!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: