Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hawks 2013 Schedule
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Hawks 2013 Schedule Reply with quote

Here it is fellas:
http://www.seahawks.com/schedule/season-schedule.html

@ Panthers
49ers
Jaguars
@ Texans
@ Colts
Titans
@Cardinals
@Rams
Buccaneers
@Falcons
Vikings
BYE
Saints
@49ers
@Giants
Cardinals
Rams

PRIMETIME

Discuss. I'll post my thoughts among you

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Flatliner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Road schedule looks brutal. 5 10 am games a Thursday game on the road, 3 of those 10 am games against playoff teams last year, and the other two are against the giants and the opener against Carolina, yuck.

Home games will be nice though. We could relatively easily go 8-0 at home.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll Essentially get 2 bye weeks with a Monday night game following a thursday nighter (11 Days). Should help with early season injuries and bang ups (knock on wood).

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually really like this schedule. I love how it opens up on the road against a good but not great team. Then we get the Niners at home to assert that we are the team to beat. From there a winnable game with Jacksonville coming here.

@Texans and @Colts won't be easy, but I think both of those teams are going to be worse in 2013 than they were in 2012. We should be able to go 1-1 there at worst. The Titans game at home doesn't scare me either. All in all, we should be able to go 3-1 against the AFCSouth.

The back-to-back divisional road games are going to be tough, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us walk away 0-2 from that. The Buccaneers game at home we should be fine and I hope we're pumped up for the Atlanta game. Vikings game here could be a trap with the bye just around the corner.

From there, I love how we get a week to rest so we can regain energy for the tough run against the Saints, Niners, and Giants. None of those will be easy. Luckily we get the bye right before, so we should be well rested and ready to head into the playoffs by then. Also very happy we end the season with 2 home games. I think the toughest stretch of our schedule is every game after the bye week.

The worst part of the entire schedule is that we have 5 games being played at 10 am Pacific where we have struggled. @CAR, @IND, @HOU, @ATL, and @NYG. All difficult games.

My prediction is 10-6.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should change it so that all West coast teams traveling East start at 1PM Pacific.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 Primetime Games me likey Very Happy

3 of them are division games to!!!!

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought this was a pretty interesting analysis by Mike Sando...

Quote:
Seattle plays four of its final six games at home, with one of the road games taking the Seahawks on their shortest trip, to San Francisco. There's also a bye week during that stretch. That means the Seahawks should be in good position to finish strong for a second consecutive season.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me a pessimist, but I hate this schedule. The sky's the limit and a good team overcomes obstacles... but this schedule, in my view is ridiculous and puts a rather nasty burden on this team that isn't matched by our primary rival, the 9ers.

It's *possible* that we've managed to cure our road woes... but I wouldn't count on it. 10am starts in five games against significantly stronger road opposition than last year does not bode well in my view - I see great potential for issues on the road. Oh, and one of the other three road games is on Thursday night - sweet.

The home games... we almost *have* to go 8-0 if we want to compete for the division here.

Last year worked quite well for us... we got our tough opponents at home and the lesser opponents on the road (47-33 combined record of our home opposition versus 34-46 combined record of our road foes - using 2012 final standings as a basis of comparison). This year's quite the opposite... and shockingly so (32-48 record of the teams we play at home... wait for it... 52-28 record for the road teams).

8-0 at home is very likely, but I have a feeling we'll stumble once, somewhere. Our home schedule is chock full of trap games. 7-1 at home.

I hate to say it, but I see a 2-6 road record. Losses at SF, Atl, Hou, Ind, StL and NYG. Out of 8 road games, we have 5 at 10am and one on a Thursday night - we all know the record of road teams on TNF. The other two are on MNF (Rams... winnable) and at San Francisco - probably the single toughest game in the NFL this year outside of playing Seattle at the Clink.

As for the division... the schedule makers dropped a whopping TWO 10am games on the 9ers. Barring injury, we take second in the division and battle for another wild card.

Until the league starts scheduling West Coast games at 8PM pacific time... circadian rhythm arguments are gonna run rampant after an extremely talented team like this year's Hawks flop in those early Eastern games.

I'm bitter... but maybe I just miss football.

Go Hawks.

TommyC376 on the Sig
imani

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDudeAbides wrote:
Call me a pessimist, but I hate this schedule. The sky's the limit and a good team overcomes obstacles... but this schedule, in my view is ridiculous and puts a rather nasty burden on this team that isn't matched by our primary rival, the 9ers.

It's *possible* that we've managed to cure our road woes... but I wouldn't count on it. 10am starts in five games against significantly stronger road opposition than last year does not bode well in my view - I see great potential for issues on the road. Oh, and one of the other three road games is on Thursday night - sweet.

The home games... we almost *have* to go 8-0 if we want to compete for the division here.

Last year worked quite well for us... we got our tough opponents at home and the lesser opponents on the road (47-33 combined record of our home opposition versus 34-46 combined record of our road foes - using 2012 final standings as a basis of comparison). This year's quite the opposite... and shockingly so (32-48 record of the teams we play at home... wait for it... 52-28 record for the road teams).

8-0 at home is very likely, but I have a feeling we'll stumble once, somewhere. Our home schedule is chock full of trap games. 7-1 at home.

I hate to say it, but I see a 2-6 road record. Losses at SF, Atl, Hou, Ind, StL and NYG. Out of 8 road games, we have 5 at 10am and one on a Thursday night - we all know the record of road teams on TNF. The other two are on MNF (Rams... winnable) and at San Francisco - probably the single toughest game in the NFL this year outside of playing Seattle at the Clink.

As for the division... the schedule makers dropped a whopping TWO 10am games on the 9ers. Barring injury, we take second in the division and battle for another wild card.

Until the league starts scheduling West Coast games at 8PM pacific time... circadian rhythm arguments are gonna run rampant after an extremely talented team like this year's Hawks flop in those early Eastern games.

I'm bitter... but maybe I just miss football.

Go Hawks.

The good news, as i stated above, is that we get 11 days off between the cardinals(thursday night) and rams(monday night) road games week 7 and 8. Nearly another bye week and the opportunity to go home between games and up. If we should be able to go 3-0 to start the season, and if we can catch that momentum, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to carry it into the bye

wwhickok wrote:

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
They should change it so that all West coast teams traveling East start at 1PM Pacific.

Yea, that's really lame.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im going to the panthers game and maybe the falcons

WINTER IS COMING
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily the Week 1 game is at Carolina so the team can take some extra time to adjust to the time difference.

I like the timetable for the most part, although it will be difficult. If this team is really ready to go to the Superbowl, it will do so.
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why not just go east a day earlier? A win would certainly justify the extra cost & someplace to put in the day's practice could certainly be found, so the routine wouldn't be broken. I've gone to the east coast often enough to know that 1 day does make a difference.
Plush

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't break your internal clock once or twice a week and expect solid results
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
You can't break your internal clock once or twice a week and expect solid results
Exactly. The issue isn't getting enough sleep. The issue is having to play a game at 10am.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: