Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could Cordarelle Patterson "Pull a Randy Moss"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
arKnaD7


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 2027
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very high on Patterson as well.

If he reaches his ceiling he can be a top 10 WR in the NFL.

I think his floor is high as well, in the mold of what Percy did during his time in Minnesota. Get his hands on the ball in space and let him make plays.

If he is available at 23/25 he should be under serious consideration.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73772
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what type of catering does he like...?
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Draft Guy


Joined: 05 Apr 2011
Posts: 668
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arKnaD7 wrote:
I'm very high on Patterson as well.

If he reaches his ceiling he can be a top 10 WR in the NFL.

I think his floor is high as well, in the mold of what Percy did during his time in Minnesota. Get his hands on the ball in space and let him make plays.

If he is available at 23/25 he should be under serious consideration.

I agree, I think Minnesota would be an ideal fit for Patterson. I don't see him stepping in and being a #1 receiver out of the gate. He'll need time to adjust to the NFL and improve his routes. Being able to learn from Jennings for a few seasons would help him a lot, plus our passing game is basically designed to find clever ways to get players like him the ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
husker_vikes3


Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 13896
Location: Omaha, NE
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
what type of catering does he like...?
I think he prefers Volunteer caterers.
_________________


skywindO2 wrote:
I'm still under the impression that the old coaching staff thought intercepting passes was against the rules.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruckusmh


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 89
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily my favorite receiver in the draft but I just don't see any way he falls to us, sadly.

I hope I'm wrong, I think he could be wonderful for Ponder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 15028
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Guy wrote:
arKnaD7 wrote:
I'm very high on Patterson as well.

If he reaches his ceiling he can be a top 10 WR in the NFL.

I think his floor is high as well, in the mold of what Percy did during his time in Minnesota. Get his hands on the ball in space and let him make plays.

If he is available at 23/25 he should be under serious consideration.

I agree, I think Minnesota would be an ideal fit for Patterson. I don't see him stepping in and being a #1 receiver out of the gate. He'll need time to adjust to the NFL and improve his routes. Being able to learn from Jennings for a few seasons would help him a lot, plus our passing game is basically designed to find clever ways to get players like him the ball.


Exactly. I was also thinking he would benefit from the presence of Jennings. We just need to hope teams like Miami, Pittsburgh, and especially St. Louis, decide to take players at other positions. St. Louis scares me the most, although I've heard a lot of people say they like Tavon Austin. I can't see them taking two first round wide receivers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 24705
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No player in the draft has a floor of Percy Harvin. I think Patterson's floor is that of an effective kick returner + gadget player.

Devin Hester type maybe.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker


Last edited by rpmwr19 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 15028
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Guy wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Wow, I'm kind of surprised by a lot of the replies. I thought Patterson was almost universally listed as the top WR on everyone's board.

My dream draft would be to get Patterson with the 23rd pick, and then have the Vikings trade the 25th pick to a lousy team like the Jets for their first round pick in next year's draft, and other picks this year. Maybe they could also throw in their back up QB as part of the deal. Smile

The closer we get, the more confident I am he'll slip to us. Its a no-brainer if hes available.
Trading #25 to a team who is in love with E.J. Manuel, pick up an early-mid first next year and try to move up for Clowney or Bridgewater. Man, that would be perfect. Razz


Yep. If we trade with a bad team like the Jets or the Jags, we could possibly have a very high pick. That would be incredible.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 6760
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought it was interesting that Patterson retweeted this:

Quote:
@nfldraftscout: If you think Wonderlic scores matter for a wide receiver, remember that AJ Green scored a 10.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CriminalMind


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 4853
Location: Toronto, CA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he gets drafted prior to pick 23 by another team.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 24705
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ Green also had much, much more college experience than Patterson did.

Intelligence certainly isn't the end all, be all for the receiver position but a lack of perceived intelligence combined with minimal experience is a recipe for disaster IMO.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 22736
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
AJ Green also had much, much more college experience than Patterson did.

Intelligence certainly isn't the end all, be all for the receiver position but a lack of perceived intelligence combined with minimal experience is a recipe for disaster IMO.


That could be, but if he's available at #23, I'd take the chance.
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 15028
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
AJ Green also had much, much more college experience than Patterson did.

Intelligence certainly isn't the end all, be all for the receiver position but a lack of perceived intelligence combined with minimal experience is a recipe for disaster IMO.


It sounds like he is a bigger gamble, with a potentially bigger payoff or loss. Personally, I would be willing to gamble on him because there isn't much talent available at the position elsewhere in the draft, and it is a position of need. I can understand if other people disagree though.

This is a draft where I'm going into it with a total lack of expectations as far as any particular player. It's kind of nice that way because then there is no reason to get upset no matter who we pick. If Patterson falls to us and we end up passing on him, I will undoubtedly be disappointed, but I'll just try and trust Spielman and the coaching staff to make the right decisions. Last year's draft was the best one in a long time.

As far as the intelligence thing is concerned, about all I can say as that having some smarts is never a bad thing, and even though Patterson says low test scores don't hurt, they aren't something we can consider a benefit either. Hopefully if we get him he is at least smart enough to learn the offense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Boda


Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 789
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
No player in the draft has a floor of Percy Harvin. I think Patterson's floor is that of an effective kick returner + gadget player.

Devin Hester type maybe.

Agreed. Saying someone's floor is that of Harvin means that this WR should me a top 3 pick easily.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 24705
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
It sounds like he is a bigger gamble, with a potentially bigger payoff or loss. Personally, I would be willing to gamble on him because there isn't much talent available at the position elsewhere in the draft, and it is a position of need. I can understand if other people disagree though.


I will disagree with you on this Smile. There is plenty of talent in this draft at the wide receiver position, but very little elite talent, if any. All of the receivers have holes in their game. Cordarelle Patterson and Justin Hunter are the splashy-type receivers that have a much higher bust potential than receivers like Allen, Hopkins, and Woods; who likely can settle in to a number 2 receiver role should they not reach their full potential.

This is why I have the belief that no receiver, talent wise, deserves to go in the first round.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group