Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could Cordarelle Patterson "Pull a Randy Moss"?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Could Cordarelle Patterson "Pull a Randy Moss"? Reply with quote

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I've been thinking that Patterson could actually fall to us at #23. Do you guys think there is any possibility for this to happen?

Pray Pray Pray Pray

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see him falling to us. I do not think he is even close to the prospect that Randy was though.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time believing that Cordarrelle Patterson will fall past the Rams, twice.

I love Patterson as a prospect though, #2 player on my "big board".

Certainly he is raw, but you can physically see player that looks the part of a true outside receiver. The Vikes will have to trade up in my opinion, if they want Patterson.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usdvikes wrote:
I could see him falling to us. I do not think he is even close to the prospect that Randy was though.

He is no Randy Moss, that is for sure. But Moss was a once in a blue moon type prospect.

Patterson is one of the best YAC receivers to come out in years though, very dangerous player after the catch and that will be a skill set MN can exploit from day one.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall out of the first. His ceiling right now is 22 to St. Louis IMO. I seriously doubt he goes any higher.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Could Cordarelle Patterson "Pull a Randy Moss" Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I've been thinking that Patterson could actually fall to us at #23. Do you guys think there is any possibility for this to happen?

Pray Pray Pray Pray

I highly doubt he will fall and I even think the Vikings would skip him. I think they want more consistent play to value him above a stud dt or corner. I think they would take Hunter. Just my two cents.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could easily see Patterson falling to 23. But, with that said, I'd still rather draft Justin Hunter.
Zephiel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I have a hard time believing that Cordarrelle Patterson will fall past the Rams, twice.

It could happen if the Rams select Tavon Austin at 16, but that's the only situation I see him falling past them to be honest
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
It could happen if the Rams select Tavon Austin at 16, but that's the only situation I see him falling past them to be honest

This is certainly a fair point. My guess is that Austin goes to Tampa, he would be a great fit there.

Last edited by vikingsrule on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
AP_ALL_DAY_28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely think he could fall out of the first round.

I'd like them to take Patterson (he will be there) & Sheldon Richardson (who might not be there).

And Manti Te'o in the 2nd, I'd be one happy camper.
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings
Draft Guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Rams covet Tavon Austin enough to move up a few spots for him, I think he could easily fall to us. If not, I could see the Rams scooping Patterson up at #22.

The fact that the Rams pick twice before we pick at all, isn't a good spot for us to be in if we're targeting a receiver.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Guy wrote:
If the Rams covet Tavon Austin enough to move up a few spots for him, I think he could easily fall to us. If not, I could see the Rams scooping Patterson up at #22.

The fact that the Rams pick twice before we pick at all, isn't a good spot for us to be in if we're targeting a receiver.

And DT. The Rams could use a UT type next to Michael Brockers. Sheldon Richardson would be a great pick for them at 16.
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've grown much more keen of Patterson as a prospect. He does have quite an upside, not to the level of Randy Moss, but the sort of upside that could make him a long time starter. The scary thing is what happens when that potential is not met. I still have Justin Hunter as a better prospect, but Patterson could have the better career if he meets his potential, and this will make he selected before Hunter. If he dropped to us, I suppose I wouldn't mind taking him at 25. I'd like to take a DT or MLB at 23 and take him later if possible.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm kind of surprised by a lot of the replies. I thought Patterson was almost universally listed as the top WR on everyone's board.

My dream draft would be to get Patterson with the 23rd pick, and then have the Vikings trade the 25th pick to a lousy team like the Jets for their first round pick in next year's draft, and other picks this year. Maybe they could also throw in their back up QB as part of the deal. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Wow, I'm kind of surprised by a lot of the replies. I thought Patterson was almost universally listed as the top WR on everyone's board.

My dream draft would be to get Patterson with the 23rd pick, and then have the Vikings trade the 25th pick to a lousy team like the Jets for their first round pick in next year's draft, and other picks this year. Maybe they could also throw in their back up QB as part of the deal. Smile

The closer we get, the more confident I am he'll slip to us. Its a no-brainer if hes available.
Trading #25 to a team who is in love with E.J. Manuel, pick up an early-mid first next year and try to move up for Clowney or Bridgewater. Man, that would be perfect. Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: