Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Draft - First Round Discussion (Rookie #'s p.73)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:
Anyone else find the Chiefs situation mind numbing?

I don't understand moving a great young player just to select a player at the same position. Seems like a waste to me. Aren't you just right were you started.

Albert will be 29 years old, and wants a big contract.

Joeckel has great upside, is much younger and will have a much cheaper contract.

I can see the upside for KC. Joeckel is the best value pick they could make based on needs and Albert is older, more expensive and has trade value.

The Chiefs wont take a pass rusher (Houston and Hali), could take an interior lineman, and wont take a QB. LT makes the most sense if you move Albert.

I agree that Joeckel should be the pick, but why not keep Albert and move him to RT. Gives them a strong line to protect Alex Smith and Jamaal Charles. I guess money could be a issue.

It's the same way I feel about Tavon Austin. No point in using a first on a player similar to the one we just got rid of. What would gain? Just less headaches?

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
I agree that Joeckel should be the pick, but why not keep Albert and move him to RT. Gives them a strong line to protect Alex Smith and Jamaal Charles. I guess money could be a issue.

It's the same way I feel about Tavon Austin. No point in using a first on a player similar to the one we just got rid of. What would gain? Just less headaches?

Albert has indicated that he refuses to play any position other than LT.

If Albert was willing to switch, i would agree with you. However, he is not.

As for Harvin v Austin, Austin is less of a headache (as you said), is MUCH cheaper, and may be viewed as having more potential as a pure receiver.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I constantly see analysts say 3 QBs will go in the first. I have a hard time seeing it though. Where exactly are they supposed to come off the board. Geno is obvious. However I doubt Buffalo takes a QB at 8. Nobody else after Buffalo is going to take a QB. Maybe one team comes back into the first but I don't see 3 guys.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
I constantly see analysts say 3 QBs will go in the first. I have a hard time seeing it though. Where exactly are they supposed to come off the board. Geno is obvious. However I doubt Buffalo takes a QB at 8. Nobody else after Buffalo is going to take a QB. Maybe one team comes back into the first but I don't see 3 guys.

The Eagles and Bills both look like teams who could attempt to move back into round one.

I wouldnt be shocked of the Texans grabbed a QB early. Schaub looked bad by seasons end. While he will surely be given the benefit of the doubt, a young QB at 27 might be tempting.

The Chargers could possibly feel the same way, new regime and Rivers is getting older/declining.
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Hayden seems to be a rising prospect. Mayock now had him ranked ahead of Dee Milliner. If he is selected higher that only pushes other CBs down . We are in desperate need of a CB and MLB. as much as I want a big time WR. I think it can wait till round 2 although I won't be dissapointed if we do take WR in round 1(as long as its not Austin).
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
DJ Hayden seems to be a rising prospect. Mayock now had him ranked ahead of Dee Milliner. If he is selected higher that only pushes other CBs down . We are in desperate need of a CB and MLB. as much as I want a big time WR. I think it can wait till round 2 although I won't be dissapointed if we do take WR in round 1(as long as its not Austin).

I like the WR depth more than I do the CB depth, personally.

It seems like there are more WRs who could fit the Vikings offense than there are CBs for the defense. The Cover 2 that the Vikes run largely depends on a certain type of Cb. Usually one with great quickness and hips, good bulk and a willing player in run support. Its hard to find the perfect blend of CB that fits the above description who could step in day one and possibly compete for a starting job.

There are probably 6-8 second round WRs who could all fit one way or another into the Vikes offense.
Eastern Walrus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a vision of us going Corner and Safety wit our first two picks and now that's what I want.
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
usdvikes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of me wants Eiffert and sly in the first.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usdvikes wrote:

Is there such a thing as a 3-TE set? Otherwise, there would be absolutely no purpose in drafting Eifert.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
oh, we just loooove it when guys get mad on draft day around here.

Laughing I pledge to remain calm no matter what happens this year - unless we take one of those QB's in the first round. Not much chance of that happening though.

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:

We are on the same wave length Captain V.

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
usdvikes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
usdvikes wrote:

Is there such a thing as a 3-TE set? Otherwise, there would be absolutely no purpose in drafting Eifert.

I'm more thinking along the line of Carlson not contributing much again, and Ellison being more of an H-back/fullback with great receiving skills. Rudolph, Eiffert in a 2 TE, Peterson, and then a mix of Jennings, Wright, Felton, or Ellison. Getting the run/playaction game going with that type of set I think has the potential to be very dangerous.

Edit: I don't think this has any chance of happening, I just think it would be an dominant package if Ponder continues to improve.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:

Albert has indicated that he refuses to play any position other than LT.

If Albert was willing to switch, i would agree with you. However, he is not.

That is correct. He has absolutely no interest in moving to RT or OG. It's unfortunate that the Chiefs picked the worst year to have the worst year of anyone.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Freakout

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cannot see Spielman trading up. Everyone agrees the value in this draft is in the late first and through the third round. It just do not see the value in giving up our 3rd or early 4th to jump a few spots in the first round.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
I just cannot see Spielman trading up. Everyone agrees the value in this draft is in the late first and through the third round. It just do not see the value in giving up our 3rd or early 4th to jump a few spots in the first round.

We can still trade down from 25 and pick up a pick in that same range.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 3 of 77

Jump to: