Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

43M's Roster Breakdown and Wishful Thinking Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great effort 43!! I agree for the most part with needs and rankings. I knew you'd pick Hopkins, so the suspense didn't due me in!! Wink

Love the graphics and the whole thing!! Not sure Jets will trade twice into first round or that Millner will drop to 10, but every pick seemed realistic. Only thing I must point out is that you say for the Colts that Kruger will make a great tandem, but Kruger is on the Browns!! Laughing Laughing
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
Great effort 43!! I agree for the most part with needs and rankings. I knew you'd pick Hopkins, so the suspense didn't due me in!! Wink

Love the graphics and the whole thing!! Not sure Jets will trade twice into first round or that Millner will drop to 10, but every pick seemed realistic. Only thing I must point out is that you say for the Colts that Kruger will make a great tandem, but Kruger is on the Browns!! Laughing Laughing

Ehh...I forgot to clarify that.

I have the Jets trading Revis to the Bucs. Thats where that other first rounder comes from.

As for Kruger....ehh, epic brainfart on my part. Why you gotta point out my mistakes at23? Why you gotta bully me like that? I have half a mind to report you. Twisted Evil
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

Ehh...I forgot to clarify that.

I have the Jets trading Revis to the Bucs. Thats where that other first rounder comes from.

As for Kruger....ehh, epic brainfart on my part. Why you gotta point out my mistakes at23? Why you gotta bully me like that? I have half a mind to report you. Twisted Evil

Because Im the bully around here and whatever I say goes!!
steelers43

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

I like it alot!! Solid read also!

" The dead know only one thing... It's better to be ALIVE"

"Your Coach is a Cheater, Your Super Bowls are lies, you back-up at Michigan"(Tom Brady) stated by Tosh O
Bobikus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
Anyway, this forum seems to be the only place that has Pouncey as an 'above average' player. Not having a go it just makes me think.

Opinions on Pouncey seem to vary widely still. The APs had him 1st or 2nd team all pro every year, PFF has him just slightly above average I think. Football Outsiders claimed he's the best in the league.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet presentation with the graphics, jerseys, and charts to go along with a nice effort. Nice job. I wish I could do that but I'm lucky I know how to turn on my computer. Embarassed

Solid draft with a sensible trade. Good analysis with the roster. Not any major disagreements. I like Hopkins at that spot in the first round. I really like Thomas who is a ballhawk which is what the secondary needs. I'm not for Greene being drafted as I feel he is better for a 4-3. However, I thought the exact same thing with Spence and the Steelers took him last year. With Spence's career in jeopardy the Steelers could look to a similiar player like Greene. Just don't give him that jersey number. Razz His ability to create turnovers is appealing but I rather go for a different ILB. I like the positions you targeted in the mock overall.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
thewadewilson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the set up very good, decent job addressing needs without reaching. I am very high on the UConn Kid.

Pittsburgh Steelers/Houston Texans Fan
Whiz Khalifa Black & Yellow/Slim Thug I'm From Houston Texas home of the Texans
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
I can't believe someone quoted it for a one line response.

Anyway, this forum seems to be the only place that has Pouncey as an 'above average' player. Not having a go it just makes me think.

I agree with most of the player breakdowns apart from Worilds being a 'bum' and epically sucking. But, no point going down that path.

The draft is fine by me.

Aren't you the same poster constantly whining about posters getting along and understanding each other's true feelings? Why make an asinine comment if I made a simple comment? Would it please thou to knowst that twas whilst I was on my phone, hmmm?

Yes, that is me. Like now, look at how defensive you got over a very non-threatening comment. Maybe you need to grow up a bit and learn how to respond without coming across like an infant by bringing up things that have no relevance in what I can only presume was an effort to attack me as a poster and make what you did look less stupid by making me look stupid?

You can give a simple comment, that is fine, don't quote the whole bloody post to do it though. Sense, it makes none.

It dost not hold any weight if you were on your phone as your phone has a backspace feature that you failed to use.

Not sure what point you were making with the olde English.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 43M's Roster Breakdown and Wishful Thinking Mock Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Great setup and I like it. Greene can play ILB/OLB and so can Williams. Did you draft a CB? I can't remember but barring a CB selection, this draft is great. A+ from one of your biggest critics

wow did you really have to quote the whole post???

Anyway, great work 43... very creative and good thoughts.

Read the reply to mjy, I was on my phone and yeah so I could remember who he drafted. Why did you even waste 7 seconds of your life typing your pointless question?

This post definitely was time well spent on your part.

Oh and before you say "You're wasting your time" or whatever menial response you will have, I am not telling other people they are wasting their time and therefore I am not being a hypocrite.

Oh and it is oh so fitting you quoted it to remember who he drafted and yet had to ask the question "Did you draft a CB?" because you in fact could not remember and then used the fact you quoted it to remember who he drafted in defence of you quoting the post. Really... just fantastic.

"The King Stay the King"
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear lord, is it really that big of a deal?

No.

Lets move on.

Thanks.
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Dear lord, is it really that big of a deal?

No.

Lets move on.

Thanks.

You're right. I apologise for de-railing your thread (excellent one that it is).

"The King Stay the King"
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the colors!

I could live with this draft, but the only thing you missed is the Steelers annual head scratcher.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
I like the colors!

I could live with this draft, but the only thing you missed is the Steelers annual head scratcher.

I didnt miss it...I just dont want it! Laughing

In the what I THINK WILL HAPPEN draft, it will be there. Crying or Very sad
JLambert58

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding presentation. Solid mock. I really like the first 5 players you selected. Hopkins great all around receiver. Greene, underrated imo. Thomas, great player to learn behind the tandem. Williams could be a beast, really think he could be special. Kelce, possible problem child but great size & talent. Jeremy Shockey 2.0? Love Lattimore, but even in wishful thinking world, he ain't goin in the 6th. Last two OL prospects not that familiar with. Nice work.

p.s. I'm going to send you a nice crow care package in January for our friend Mr. Worilds. Laughing
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Outstanding presentation. Solid mock. I really like the first 5 players you selected. Hopkins great all around receiver. Greene, underrated imo. Thomas, great player to learn behind the tandem. Williams could be a beast, really think he could be special. Kelce, possible problem child but great size & talent. Jeremy Shockey 2.0? Love Lattimore, but even in wishful thinking world, he ain't goin in the 6th. Last two OL prospects not that familiar with. Nice work.

p.s. I'm going to send you a nice crow care package in January for our friend Mr. Worilds. Laughing

Haha....Ill gladly eat it by the boatload.

I seriously hope all the Worlids supporters have the ammo at this time next year to throw it in my face. In situations like this, not only do I not mind being wrong, but I WANT to be wrong....DEAD wrong.

As for Lattimore...only reason I put him there was because I saw him mocked in the 5th a few times recently. Even that wont happen, but I wanted to throw a RB in there somewhere and in the 6th round...what the hell? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: