Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

43M's Roster Breakdown and Wishful Thinking Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucksoh1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hate the first pick, would rather have Hunter, but he went the pick before would rather take D. Rogers who I feel could at least develop into a #1 WR. I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing with Hopkins, looks to me like solid #2 nothing more. rest is fine
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all 43, I really like you as a poster, we don't always agree and sometimes we even butt heads but at the end of the day you play debate with a loaded gun.

This is BY FAR the most impressive Mock Draft I have ever seen and I'm just talking about the effort.

As for the class....

HELLYES!!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
First of all 43, I really like you as a poster, we don't always agree and sometimes we even butt heads but at the end of the day you play debate with a loaded gun.

This is BY FAR the most impressive Mock Draft I have ever seen and I'm just talking about the effort.

As for the class....

HELLYES!!

I dont really recall "butting heads" with you. Had a few disagreements I remember, but maybe we just have different definitions of what "butting heads" is. Wink
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

As for the class....

HELLYES!!

I dont really recall "butting heads" with you. Had a few disagreements I remember, but maybe we just have different definitions of what "butting heads" is. Wink

Lol true story perhaps we do but we are on the same page as far as what I was referring to.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not big on Phillip Thomas like some. I see someone who will be just a guy at the next level. I'm also in agreement with Hunter > Hopkins, but I wouldn't mind either. But, in terms of just talent, I like the overall draft.

I think Greene will be better in a 4-3 than 3-4, but we'll see.

Quote:

Anyway, this forum seems to be the only place that has Pouncey as an 'above average' player. Not having a go it just makes me think.

I have been disappointed with Pouncey since he was a rookie. Overrated then, and still so now. It may just be the talent around him, and I know it gets leaked every once and a while how well he is doing...Haley talking about how well he graded out one week etc.

He's a guy I see the team investing a lot of money in, and I'm not sure he's going to be worth it.
1. He gets hurt way too [inappropriate/removed] much, and I think some of those are injuries he could play through.
2. That twitter fiasco after the Broncos game rubbed me the wrong way. I could normally care less, but it goes along with point 1...how much heart does he actually have?
3. He gets pushed around a lot more than you want. He's a finesse guy who still gives up pressure.

I was never a huge Faneca fan, and that's what Pouncey reminds me of. But Faneca may make the HOF some day on his name.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great effort!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

Nicely done 43M.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
grubs10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what you have done. I disagree with some of your team need rankings but nothing major.

Mostly I just appreciate the work you put into it. I enjoyed reading it.

EDIT: dangit stillersenat. I wanted to use the clapping emoticon but its not on the side there.

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
95lloyd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it difficult to believe Lattimore makes it out of the 3rd let alone last till the 6th but I'd love him in black and gold.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 43M's Roster Breakdown and Wishful Thinking Mock Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Great setup and I like it. Greene can play ILB/OLB and so can Williams. Did you draft a CB? I can't remember but barring a CB selection, this draft is great. A+ from one of your biggest critics

wow did you really have to quote the whole post???

Anyway, great work 43... very creative and good thoughts.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

95lloyd wrote:
I find it difficult to believe Lattimore makes it out of the 3rd let alone last till the 6th but I'd love him in black and gold.

Ive seen him mocked anywhere from the 2nd to undrafted.

He wont go undrafted, and 6th round is "wishful thinking", but one can dream. Cool
steelers75

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: draft Reply with quote

one word 43 WOW! great job. the the work you put into this is awesome. certianly would like the haul if it went that way. personally i like hunter in the first but hopkins would be ok. also dont see lattimore dropping to the 6th but would be great value if he did. overall id give it an A+
treat88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously an amazing effort that you clearly put a lot of time and thought into.

Quick question. In various threads over the offseason you have expressed your, shall we say, skepticism about Kenny Vaccaro and Tyler Eifert as first round caliber players yet you mock them at picks 11 and 25 respectively in your what I want to happen version of a mock.

Not challenging you at all, but just wondering why?

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
Obviously an amazing effort that you clearly put a lot of time and thought into.

Quick question. In various threads over the offseason you have expressed your, shall we say, skepticism about Kenny Vaccaro and Tyler Eifert as first round caliber players yet you mock them at picks 11 and 25 respectively in your what I want to happen version of a mock.

Not challenging you at all, but just wondering why?

Haha...if my mock was entirely what I wanted, it would have the Steelers landing first round talent in every round. Laughing

My NFL mock isnt based on "WHAT I WANT"....just the Steelers picks. When I post my other one, you will see that the NFL mock is pretty much same. Main difference is I dont have us trading down, and dont have us taking Hopkins, so the draft kind of changes a bit due to that.

My other mock is more based on what I think the Steelers will do, and the value of each pick is more realistic. and more in line with the Steelers usual draft philosophies.

And while Im not huge on Vaccarro or Eifert, I wouldnt put them at an unrealistic spot simply because Im not high on them. If you recall, I am not a Dion Jordan fan either, but I have him going 2nd overall.

Hope that is suffice enough of an answer.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
I can't believe someone quoted it for a one line response.

Anyway, this forum seems to be the only place that has Pouncey as an 'above average' player. Not having a go it just makes me think.

I agree with most of the player breakdowns apart from Worilds being a 'bum' and epically sucking. But, no point going down that path.

The draft is fine by me.

Aren't you the same poster constantly whining about posters getting along and understanding each other's true feelings? Why make an asinine comment if I made a simple comment? Would it please thou to knowst that twas whilst I was on my phone, hmmm?

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
armsteeld

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 43M's Roster Breakdown and Wishful Thinking Mock Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Great setup and I like it. Greene can play ILB/OLB and so can Williams. Did you draft a CB? I can't remember but barring a CB selection, this draft is great. A+ from one of your biggest critics

wow did you really have to quote the whole post???

Anyway, great work 43... very creative and good thoughts.

Read the reply to mjy, I was on my phone and yeah so I could remember who he drafted. Why did you even waste 7 seconds of your life typing your pointless question?

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: