Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

43M's Roster Breakdown and Wishful Thinking Mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: 43M's Roster Breakdown and Wishful Thinking Mock Reply with quote

I only do one or two mocks a year.

I usually do a mock based on what I WANT TO HAPPEN and a mock based on what I think WILL HAPPEN.

This is what I WANT to happen. I will release my "What I THINK WILL HAPPEN mock the day before or the day of the draft next week.

Some of the picks in this mock are definitely a bit hopeful...hence WISHFUL THINKING....but not out of the realm of realism.

So, here is a breakdown I put together, and a mostly realistic mock for us....

FINAL NOTES
Arrow I do think we will still find a way to sign Bradshaw after the draft. I simply dont see RB being an early pick. Anything could happen, though.

Arrow The only reason I dont have McLendon in red as a starter is because I do not think he will be a full time starter. I think he will play a Chris Hoke type role...just not nearly as good.

Arrow I have Hopkins last on the depth chart at WR, only because it will be highly dependant how well he shows in preseason. He will get alot of playing time regardless, but that doesnt necessarily he will be the 1, 2 or 3 WR.

Arrow I am not opposed to drafting a kicker, but I wouldnt push it. Suisham is fine for now. Punter, despite claims, IMO is not a need at all. Maybe next year, not this year.

Have at it. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
JLambert58

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive setup 43. It will take a while to get through all of that. Get back to you on feedback.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 43M's Roster Breakdown and Wishful Thinking Mock Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I only do one or two mocks a year.

I usually do a mock based on what I WANT TO HAPPEN and a mock based on what I think WILL HAPPEN.

This is what I WANT to happen. I will release my "What I THINK WILL HAPPEN mock the day before or the day of the draft next week.

Some of the picks in this mock are definitely a bit hopeful...hence WISHFUL THINKING....but not out of the realm of realism.

So, here is a breakdown I put together, and a mostly realistic mock for us....

FINAL NOTES
Arrow I do think we will still find a way to sign Bradshaw after the draft. I simply dont see RB being an early pick. Anything could happen, though.

Arrow The only reason I dont have McLendon in red as a starter is because I do not think he will be a full time starter. I think he will play a Chris Hoke type role...just not nearly as good.

Arrow I have Hopkins last on the depth chart at WR, only because it will be highly dependant how well he shows in preseason. He will get alot of playing time regardless, but that doesnt necessarily he will be the 1, 2 or 3 WR.

Arrow I am not opposed to drafting a kicker, but I wouldnt push it. Suisham is fine for now. Punter, despite claims, IMO is not a need at all. Maybe next year, not this year.

Have at it. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Great setup and I like it. Greene can play ILB/OLB and so can Williams. Did you draft a CB? I can't remember but barring a CB selection, this draft is great. A+ from one of your biggest critics

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 43M's Roster Breakdown and Wishful Thinking Mock Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Great setup and I like it. Greene can play ILB/OLB and so can Williams. Did you draft a CB? I can't remember but barring a CB selection, this draft is great. A+ from one of your biggest critics

Yeah....Terry Hawthorne in the 5th.
The36Bus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall I would be very happy with this draft. Well done.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it wrong that I'm more amazed by the graphics than I am with the picks? Ha

I really does like this mock, hence wishful thinking.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUTSTANDING EFFORT!!! Really, nice job. I'd love for that scenario to happen. I'm not completely sold on Greene at ILB, but not based on production, just think he's maxed out and will lighter than he weighed in...and we have that w/ Spence, if healthy.

Thomas would be awesome. Same with Williams. Talent alone, he should go early 3rd, but he apparently has a bit of attitude issues, I think I read...if wrong, sorry.

Kelce as off field issues, right? But if that scares teams off and he's available in the 4th, he's very talented, and that's a good spot for him.

Hawthorne in the 5th and Lattimore in the 6th would be great. We don't NEED him early this year, but he was a surefire 1st/2nd rounder on talent. Would love to give this guy a shot.

The rest? No clue...now your gonna make me go research these guys!!

Again, great effort, 43M!! Awesome to see and very detailed breakdown. I'm 100% with you on your priority listing, BTW.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
Steelers22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for such a wonderful setup. It was a joy to read. That being said, I'm pretty blah about the draft itself. Like but don't love Hopkins. Rather take Jesse Williams there. Really would hate the Greene pick. Think he will bust hard and would much rather go Jamie Collins there. Like but don't love Thomas but would rather have a Swearinger in round 3 or so. Really like the end of the draft but don't like the beginning of it very much. If this is how the draft shaked out, I would be a bit disappointed but worse things could happen. Thanks for the read though

props to dawg24

Last edited by Steelers22 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe someone quoted it for a one line response.

Anyway, this forum seems to be the only place that has Pouncey as an 'above average' player. Not having a go it just makes me think.

I agree with most of the player breakdowns apart from Worilds being a 'bum' and epically sucking. But, no point going down that path.

The draft is fine by me.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers22- Greene is more in mold of Foote; with better athleticism. Where many thought we are looking to replace Sean Spence already, not yet we just don't have any depth at ILB. Stevenson is a special team LB and Spence is still out indefinitely so it'll be a good time to find a replacement for Foote.

I don't love Phillip Thomas either but wouldn't be surprised to see the Steeelers grabbing him (as they have complained plenty about lack of turnovers on defensive side)

What I like most about this mock is that all the picks are WHERE they should be addressed within round (position-wise) I also never were really on boat for Kelce but wouldn't complain, he's easily an upgrade over Spaeth and Paulson.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers22 wrote:
Thanks for such a wonderful setup. It was a joy to read. That being said, I'm pretty blah about the draft itself. Like but don't love Hopkins. Rather take Jesse Williams there. Really would hate the Greene pick. Think he will bust hard and would much rather go Jamie Collins there. Like but don't love Thomas but would rather have a Swearinger in round 3 or so. Really like the end of the draft but don't like the beginning of it very much. If this is how the draft shaked out, I would be a bit disappointed but worse things could happen. Thanks for the read though

I think there is a possibility Swearinger goes late 1st/early 2nd. Just a hunch I have.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
Steelers22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Steelers22- Greene is more in mold of Foote; with better athleticism. Where many thought we are looking to replace Sean Spence already, not yet we just don't have any depth at ILB. Stevenson is a special team LB and Spence is still out indefinitely so it'll be a good time to find a replacement for Foote.

I don't love Phillip Thomas either but wouldn't be surprised to see the Steeelers grabbing him (as they have complained plenty about lack of turnovers on defensive side)

What I like most about this mock is that all the picks are WHERE they should be addressed within round (position-wise) I also never were really on boat for Kelce but wouldn't complain, he's easily an upgrade over Spaeth and Paulson.

fair enough but if we are going ILB in round 2, I wouldn't be surprised to see either Minter or Teo fall to us in round 2. Much rather go that route. Greene just doesn't do it for me

props to dawg24
Steelers22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ward4HOF wrote:
Steelers22 wrote:

I think there is a possibility Swearinger goes late 1st/early 2nd. Just a hunch I have.

wouldn't at all be surprised if he went in two. Wouldn't be a bad pick for the steelers to get him in round 2 IMO

props to dawg24
kethnaab

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the players. Trevardo Williams is another guy I like if we can't get Collins.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense. Don't think either Minter or Te'o will fall to us at all though.

a riser that I have been taking a notice, is a possible; Bostic of Florida. If we are looking to remain a true 3-4 defense, it'll be wise to draft Bostic who can be somewhat similar to what Farrior did for us.

Most linebackers in this draft is a chase/mack LB, which is what we already have in Timmons. Doesn't mean we won't go that direction, just unlikely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: