Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Day Trade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidderion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Draft Day Trade Reply with quote

Was curious what everyone thinks of this trade scenario. As we know, draft picks have "points" based off of what pick you have. So going off of this info, this would seem like a fair trade.

Buffalo Gives:
2013 1st Round - 8th Overall
2014 5th Round - TBD

Minnesota Gives:
2013 1st Round - 23rd Overall
2013 1st Round - 25th Overall

This is all based on if Minnesota wants to move up. Plus, trading back we would still be able to grab a QB say at 23 and maybe even trade one of these 1st round picks to accumulate more because teams might trade back into the 1st for QB, then we would still have our early 2nd.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Day Trade Reply with quote

davidderion wrote:
Was curious what everyone thinks of this trade scenario. As we know, draft picks have "points" based off of what pick you have. So going off of this info, this would seem like a fair trade.

Buffalo Gives:
2013 1st Round - 8th Overall
2014 5th Round - TBD

Minnesota Gives:
2013 1st Round - 23rd Overall
2013 1st Round - 25th Overall

This is all based on if Minnesota wants to move up. Plus, trading back we would still be able to grab a QB say at 23 and maybe even trade one of these 1st round picks to accumulate more because teams might trade back into the 1st for QB, then we would still have our early 2nd.

I think we'd do that in a heartbeat. I know I would. That's where the players are valued most precisely. We could get a QB and WR at a spot where they should be drafted.

23) Matt Barkley
25) Justin Hunter

^That's what I'd likely go with.

FFMD: Bills War Room
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think their is an actual point system now that the CBA was changed it just comes down to supply and demand. Look at the redskins rams trade. 3 1st rd picks and a 2nd rd pick was way more than the worth of the #2 pick. I think if minnesota saw someone they really want like Milliner or Austin then those 2 picks for #8 could be a possibility with the bills not having to give up anything else. But in this situation I would make that change it will then be able for the bills to land a QB and possibly one of the 2 top TEs and then a wr at 41. I also think a trade to niners with 31, 34, and 61 for 8th overall would be an option too as they could look at Milliner, Star, or sleeper like Austin. My overall thought is trade down. Usually im a fan of staying at the spot and puicking BPA but the bills need a few holes to be filled and trading would be ideal

Thanks Max
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I dont think their is an actual point system now that the CBA was changed it just comes down to supply and demand. Look at the redskins rams trade. 3 1st rd picks and a 2nd rd pick was way more than the worth of the #2 pick. I think if minnesota saw someone they really want like Milliner or Austin then those 2 picks for #8 could be a possibility with the bills not having to give up anything else. But in this situation I would make that change it will then be able for the bills to land a QB and possibly one of the 2 top TEs and then a wr at 41. I also think a trade to niners with 31, 34, and 61 for 8th overall would be an option too as they could look at Milliner, Star, or sleeper like Austin. My overall thought is trade down. Usually im a fan of staying at the spot and puicking BPA but the bills need a few holes to be filled and trading would be ideal

I totally agree with this. I think we are in a good spot at 8. We really dont have a huge need with the value that is there on most rankings unless you want to say Guard, or Smith falls which could happen. With Lane Johnson, Dee Millner, Ansuh or Jordan, Star all these guys could generate some interest with teams behind us. I think trade back has to be done and maybe even a second trade back as I see a lot of value in rds 2, and even into early rd 3. I think we can easily find good players at QB, WR, G and LB in the first three rds but we wont get this done unless we move back at least once.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Tk3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be surprised if we got this offer.. but if we did, we take it..

Cooper or Warmack will be there.. Guaranteed..

Snag one of them.. Then snag Barkley in the 1st.. then grab Woods in the 2nd (or Hunter if Woods is gone)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:

Snag one of them.. Then snag Barkley in the 1st.. then grab Woods in the 2nd (or Hunter if Woods is gone)

I wouldn't say that. I don't see either making it any further than the Cowboys. I guess we'll see. Just how I have my mock draft playing out..

Nix has made it clear that we don't need OL early as well. The second part you mentioned makes more sense though.

Tk3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

I wouldn't say that. I don't see either making it any further than the Cowboys. I guess we'll see. Just how I have my mock draft playing out..

Nix has made it clear that we don't need OL early as well. The second part you mentioned makes more sense though.

To my understanding neither of this OG are a better prospect than DeCastro - who fell to 24..

I believe 1997 was the last time an offensive guard went in the top 10..

I think in recent memory there have only been like 3 or 4 guards drafted in the top 20 even..

I do not believe these players are so great of prospects to break that trend..

Just my opinion though..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

To my understanding neither of this OG are a better prospect than DeCastro - who fell to 24..

I believe 1997 was the last time an offensive guard went in the top 10..

I think in recent memory there have only been like 3 or 4 guards drafted in the top 20 even..

I do not believe these players are so great of prospects to break that trend..

Just my opinion though..

While I agree with the DeCastro statement it's also worth noting that the talent at the top end of last years draft was far far superior to this years. The guards this year are similar to DeCastro ranking wise, maybe a little higher due to the lack of top end talent. That is why I think they will be selected higher than most guards in recent years. They actually rate higher than guards do typically.

We will see how it goes. I see lots of teams that could use their talents.

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be OK with this trade lol.. We would get extra picks and get more value there.

Barkley / Hopkins would be preference
joutman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Thoughts Reply with quote

Just a couple of notes- Minnesota would like to move up to tab Austin. I read that they do not want to include their 2nd 1st round pick in the deal. The most likely candidate for them to trade with is San Diego if top tier Offensive lineman are gone.

Regarding the rankings-I read that Warmack rated out much higher than Decastro. In fact i believe he may be the highest rated guard the past decade.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts Reply with quote

joutman wrote:
Just a couple of notes- Minnesota would like to move up to tab Austin. I read that they do not want to include their 2nd 1st round pick in the deal. The most likely candidate for them to trade with is San Diego if top tier Offensive lineman are gone.

Regarding the rankings-I read that Warmack rated out much higher than Decastro. In fact i believe he may be the highest rated guard the past decade.

Cooper is hot on his tail. Could even be drafted before him if a team feels he fits their scheme better. Larry Warford will be a steal for someone also.

TommyC376^^^
cdavls17

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its looking more and more interesting to trade down. Niners, falcons, Vikings, patriots, cowboys, buccaneers, panthers have shown great interest in those if the bills can land a couple of early picks it would be perfect.

As I said before my favorite trade would be with Niners just because it give a late 1st rd but early 2nd rd as well as a late 2nd rd.

31 Nassib/manuel
34 Hunter/woods
trade 41 and 4th rd pick to move up to 35 with eagles and get 1 of the 2 top TE
61 best ILB
with the rest of the picks get another WR, Safety, CB

Thanks Max
Bills4life7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Its looking more and more interesting to trade down. Niners, falcons, Vikings, patriots, cowboys, buccaneers, panthers have shown great interest in those if the bills can land a couple of early picks it would be perfect.

As I said before my favorite trade would be with Niners just because it give a late 1st rd but early 2nd rd as well as a late 2nd rd.

31 Nassib/manuel
34 Hunter/woods
trade 41 and 4th rd pick to move up to 35 with eagles and get 1 of the 2 top TE
61 best ILB
with the rest of the picks get another WR, Safety, CB

Well i think you got what you wanted, not confirmed but drafttek and bills forum haveus trading 1st and 5th round for san frans 31 34 and 6th round pick. Anyone have something more on this.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked that website out they have the bills giving up the 8th overall for 31, 34, and 74. Niners get vaccaro. I think that the 74 isn't enough at that 61 would have to be the pick to give up. As for what they got on the site I am not a fan of. Tyler Wilson over the 4 talked about qbs that are going to buffalo which have been geno manuel nassib and barkley. The 34 pick was hunter which I agree with. 41 was Okafor which I don't agree on at all the bills don't need 34OLB help they have enough depth at that position CB Banks was available and I even think the bills could use another wr like woods. It might be over kill but having woods, hunter added to Graham and stevie the wr coprs would be solid. With the 61 pick Ertz was picked for niners and I think that could be an answer for the bills at that spot.

Overall I like the idea of this trade even if it is for 31, 34, and 74 for 8 the bills need the extra picks and this would put them at 9 which should give the bills 3-4 starters for next year

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: