Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Here Ye, Here Ye! Your Newest Co-Mod is...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Here Ye, Here Ye! Your Newest Co-Mod is... Reply with quote

So, the draft season is upon us... heck, it's almost over... and contrary to popular belief OlympiaMartin is not dead (upstate New York isn't much of an upgrade from Hell so far as I'm concerned, but at least he's not dead). However, the membership and traffic in the Falcons forum has spiked over the past season and, quite frankly, your favorite (and the prettiest) Global Mod is getting sick of coming in here to settle squabbles (kidding... or am I?). Don't get me wrong, the superior being known as The LBC (trademarked... and ripped off by ET80 who out of jealousy keeps trying to insert a "The" into his handle) loves the discussion in the Falcons forum, though he wishes Julio would grow the dreads back out. He just doesn't like YOU in Falcons forum (except maybe scar because he occasionally amuses me on Twitter).

Yes, you. Here, in Ye Olde Falcons Forum.

So, time to find some new sucker to manage all of you, and lo and behold...there's this guy. He's all stepping in as a FFMD GM this year (the best of us started out that way), actively engaging you all (am I doing it right? or should it be y'all?) in spirited debates, and every now and then he makes some pretty graphics (he's also now permanently indebted to me as a personal sig-maker... and he's just finding this out now!) ...and I figured I needed to ruin his life some, so he will be taking up the mantle as your third Co-Mod in the Falcons forum. That person is none other than...

Jgoldiscool!

So congratulate him, abide him, and welcome him. And please... I mean this because my time is valuable and I would really prefer not to spend more time vetting yet another guy... please try not to kill him.

Last edited by The LBC on Tue May 07, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank Go...errrr Webby for this one.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
swoosh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwwwwwww Yeahhhhhhhhh!!!

I remember struggling to find a solution to my lack of football talk here in AZ. Knowing how large a sport football is, I knew there had to be something out there. Through searching and digging, I finally found Footballs Future. It started out as a way to gain knowledge, to communicate, and discuss the Falcons. But what I saw the first time I entered this site blew me away. There was so much more to FF than just football talk. I'm ashamed to admit that I lurked for a few months. The immemse amount of conversation that traveled through FF stunned me. It was nothing like how I expected it. There were times when I wanted to join in, to prove someone wrong, to be wrong myself, but I couldn't do it. It ate away at me. Several times I found myself just one click away from hitting submit, but again I coudn't do it. But finally, I summoned the courage to slay the beast inside me.

"How would they respond to my prescence?" It's a question that plagued my mind for months before I finally hit the submit button. The responses I received shocked me. It wasn't the struggle of working your way up an impossible situaution. It was more like a man coming home from a long journey and being greeted by old friends. Immediately accepeted into the ranks I looked to find my home, my niche in the Falcons forum.
I laugh at this now wondering how I could be so ignorant. How could I expect something so small from something so profound? At first I wanted to discuss the Falcons. Such a small desire. But what I have learned now, many months later is that there are more layers to this site. I have seen so much in such a small amount of time. I have given so little to this site and taken so much from it. What started out as a way to pass time now has grown into a part of my life. I have came away with more than just knowledge of the Falcons. I have come away with friends, with knowledge of the most intricate things about life, and with an ample amount of knowledge regarding football. My hope one day is to repay this site for giving me a new outlet. I would say being a mod is a small way to repay this site, but who am I kidding, this is more of a privelage than anything. Another gift given to me by this site.

I thank each and everyone one of you. For everything you have given me, I can only hope to return the favor. I started this journey alone and now I have a whole new set of companions at my side to traverse this journey with me. If there is one thing I learned about this site, is that it will only get better. Much better. This time though, I will take the next step of this journey with each and everyone at my side. Another chapter in our story awaits and I can already tell it will be a good one.

TL;DR: Thank you! For everything!

Without further ado.... My reign has now started. Prepare yourselves!!!

Laughing Don't worry I will still be me. Just with a small twist.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So still doing gameday threads... they will just be pinned now?

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
So still doing gameday threads... they will just be pinned now?
Yep. Exactly the plan. I love doing the GDT's.
Patro14

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just made me read a long paragraph and my name was no where in it.

Congrats jgold, def one of the regulars in here who makes this forum active. Well deserved.

(where the hell have OM and chip gone too, btw?)

^Kempes.
Soy del barrio de La Boca
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#JGold4MVP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yessir!!! Congrats man

#4 Ohio State Buckeyes: 5-0

Adopt-A-Falcon: Lawrence Sidbury
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL HAIL KING JGOLD!!! #JGOLDISMOD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
We know Jgold is the one in the middle. The question remains, which one is me and which one is you?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
adam9 wrote:
We know Jgold is the one in the middle. The question remains, which one is me and which one is you?

Haha ill be on the right Laughing

I actually know the dude in the middles name, but the dudes on the outside are hard to tell who they are. All are in Odd Future or friends of Odd Future Cool

Jgold's rockin' that fro though!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well deserved Jgold and happy to have you run the show around here. Changes in my life have led me to frequent the forum far less than I used to but I am glad to see an up and comer from the ranks grow into such a well respected member amongst our forum. Anything you need let me know. FFMD watch out. I can see a possible admin in the works no that he wears his mod belt.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympia Martin wrote:
Very well deserved Jgold and happy to have you run the show around here. Changes in my life have led me to frequent the forum far less than I used to but I am glad to see an up and comer from the ranks grow into such a well respected member amongst our forum. Anything you need let me know. FFMD watch out. I can see a possible admin in the works no that he wears his mod belt.
Thank you for the kind words OM! I only learned from one of the best. Couldn't have asked for better Mods in you and Chip. I hope everything goes alright for you in the real world.

I will definitely get in touch with you.

Just a FYI. I just got back from vacation. So now I'm back in action.
Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to imagine everyone in this forum are members of this office party. This obviously when we heard the news.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: