Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami given permission to talk to Albert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 8843
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep Albert, at this point. Try to repair the relationship and go with him and Fisher as great bookends, or try to flip him after the draft for a second next year. Maybe a second and change. Rushing it will only cause us to sacrifice value. Something like a low second or high third is not quite worth it, IMO.
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diesel2692


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 2615
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point feeling like albert trade won't happen at all if we don't hear in the next few hours about him getting a physical with miami.

And if Miami won't fork over theier 2nd rounder for him instead offering a 3rd I'm ready to tell them to take a hike. Apparently they need a reminder that J Marten isn't a legit NFL LT, they will get week 1!

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have Albert for one more season while the new offense gets going and our new rookie OT gets his feet wet in year 1 getting adjusted to the speed of the game in the NFL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5749
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone clarify the comp pick formula. Do people we cut count (Cassel/Winston) or just FA's like Dorsey?

If we just count FA's lost versus signed, I don't know that even if we lose Albert we get a 3rd.

That being said, I really hope we don't trade him for a third, at minimum I'd want an additional conditional 2/3 next year.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22803
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Can someone clarify the comp pick formula. Do people we cut count (Cassel/Winston) or just FA's like Dorsey?

If we just count FA's lost versus signed, I don't know that even if we lose Albert we get a 3rd.

That being said, I really hope we don't trade him for a third, at minimum I'd want an additional conditional 2/3 next year.

Only FAs. Additional signings we make at the same position will cancel out the comp picks, though...so Dorsey's loss probably wont get us a comp pick since we signed Devito and nobody else has signed Dorsey to a big deal (the size of his new contest determines how high the comp pick will be if we do in fact get one). In short, I don't think Dorsey will get us a comp pick since we signed Devito and he didn't sign a huge deal.

EDIT: Gotta love autocorrect when posting on a smartphone...
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!


Last edited by ryknowssd on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5749
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just from how I understand it am getting more and more fearful of would we actually get a third for losing Albert.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpinsky33


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 1628
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Ok, I just from how I understand it am getting more and more fearful of would we actually get a third for losing Albert.

I'm really hoping the Chiefs are ticked at the Dolphins and tell them the price for Albert went up. Sure they can trade up to secure Watson, but let's be realistic, Watson won't be near the player BA is. I tell the Dolphins the price for Albert is #54 and a 2014 3rd round pick that can turn into a 2nd round pick if Albert plays in over 16 games. If not then they can enjoy watching their line help pick Tannihill up off the turf.
_________________
.
What I would have done.
1) Fisher, 3a) Keenan Allen, 3b) Shamarko Thomas, 4) Nico Johnson, 5) Stepfan Taylor, 6a) Nick Kasa, 6b) Taylor Bray, 7) Joe Kruger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
timmay98


Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Posts: 1235
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get why everyone is getting upset with Miami, but getting the 54th is still a good option for us. I would be ok if they asked for a late rd pick like I heard they were at one point but I really don't think crashing on this deal over the difference of the 42 and the 54 is worth it, nor over a 5th rd pick. Once we trade Albert we will have an opportunity to strengthen our team while Miami does so with theirs. It makes too much sense as long as their 2nd rd pick is in the mix.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpinsky33 wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:
Ok, I just from how I understand it am getting more and more fearful of would we actually get a third for losing Albert.

I'm really hoping the Chiefs are ticked at the Dolphins and tell them the price for Albert went up. Sure they can trade up to secure Watson, but let's be realistic, Watson won't be near the player BA is. I tell the Dolphins the price for Albert is #54 and a 2014 3rd round pick that can turn into a 2nd round pick if Albert plays in over 16 games. If not then they can enjoy watching their line help pick Tannihill up off the turf.


So be it, but Ireland usually gets the better of these deals...

Lets see....KC is rolling into the draft with 3.1 million in cap space and still have to sign their rookies. You have a franchise Tagged Tackle that already has a replacement on the team that is costing close to 9 million. I wonder how you could free up some cap space to have the in season cushion and sign the rookies while also gaining a little something in return?

Money issue Advantage Dolphins

Albert knows his replacement is on the team. He was drafted number one overall and is the first player the new coach and GM personally selected as their first pick. Who do you think they will favor...the older somewhat injury prone LT from the previous regime or the guy they picked themselves? Albert is only on the team one year and at the end of that he will be gone for almost nothing and he will play most of the season rather disgruntled...again how can you let the new era of your franchise take over at LT while also gaining a little in return?

Crowded position Advantage Miami

Other options....how many other teams have been calling KC for a chance at Albert? None...it is basically Miami and no one else (at least with the ability to take on his contract demands). Miami can sign both McKinnie (you know the LT that started in the playoffs and super bowl and protected Flacco's blindside) and Winston for cheaper then they would Albert. Granted Albert is a better player, but both those players would be serviceable, the Dolphins also have Martin who has put on about 15 pounds and looks to improve. Lets not forget that Jacksonville just selected a LT....with Monroe still on the roster...they can always go that route in a trade.

Other options Advantage Miami

The way I see it KC lacks very little in terms of leverage...if the deal goes down it is going to be for a 3rd and only a 2013 3rd if not they are stuck with Albert and will need to cut someone else in order to sign their draft picks.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpinsky33


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 1628
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmay98 wrote:
I get why everyone is getting upset with Miami, but getting the 54th is still a good option for us. I would be ok if they asked for a late rd pick like I heard they were at one point but I really don't think crashing on this deal over the difference of the 42 and the 54 is worth it, nor over a 5th rd pick. Once we trade Albert we will have an opportunity to strengthen our team while Miami does so with theirs. It makes too much sense as long as their 2nd rd pick is in the mix.

The fact that the Chiefs wanted multiple picks and have come down to only a high second means that taking the lesser of the two pick makes the Chiefs come down even more. We don't have to trade Albert. We can keep him and have him player any position on the line (he will because he wants to make a big pay day next year) and our line will be very good. There is only 1 T left in the draft that MIGHT be good enough to play next year (others might improve enough in a couple year) so the Chiefs really do hold all of the leverage in this situation. When you have all of the leverage and the team your working with tries to make a power move, then you need to hit back. If we take 54 or even worse 77 for Albert then Dorsey has announced to the league that they can come to the Chiefs to fleese a team on trades.
_________________
.
What I would have done.
1) Fisher, 3a) Keenan Allen, 3b) Shamarko Thomas, 4) Nico Johnson, 5) Stepfan Taylor, 6a) Nick Kasa, 6b) Taylor Bray, 7) Joe Kruger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5749
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly don't think we have all the leverage. But I don't know that Miami holds it all either. As I've said before, this deal makes too much sense for both teams not to happen.

I don't see the crowded position advantage the same as you, Fisher has played RT, we don't have a RT it wouldn't be terrible. Likely, I don't know, but it makes more sense for Albert to play than hold out. So I think those guys are on the line somewhere if we can't move him. I think this is a push.

As far as the Jags go, I think you're looking at exactly the same situation we have here, except for the Dolphins, paying Monroe would be cheaper. But in this situation I agree Dolphins don't NEED to trade for Albert so they have an advantage.

We have a couple of guys that we could move money around pretty easily and make cap room, so getting under the cap to pay the rookies isn't as hard as you're making it sound. We don't NEED to trade Albert, so this becomes a "slight" advantage to us I think.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diesel2692


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 2615
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpinsky33 wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:
Ok, I just from how I understand it am getting more and more fearful of would we actually get a third for losing Albert.

I'm really hoping the Chiefs are ticked at the Dolphins and tell them the price for Albert went up. Sure they can trade up to secure Watson, but let's be realistic, Watson won't be near the player BA is. I tell the Dolphins the price for Albert is #54 and a 2014 3rd round pick that can turn into a 2nd round pick if Albert plays in over 16 games. If not then they can enjoy watching their line help pick Tannihill up off the turf.


So be it, but Ireland usually gets the better of these deals...

Lets see....KC is rolling into the draft with 3.1 million in cap space and still have to sign their rookies. You have a franchise Tagged Tackle that already has a replacement on the team that is costing close to 9 million. I wonder how you could free up some cap space to have the in season cushion and sign the rookies while also gaining a little something in return?

Money issue Advantage Dolphins

Albert knows his replacement is on the team. He was drafted number one overall and is the first player the new coach and GM personally selected as their first pick. Who do you think they will favor...the older somewhat injury prone LT from the previous regime or the guy they picked themselves? Albert is only on the team one year and at the end of that he will be gone for almost nothing and he will play most of the season rather disgruntled...again how can you let the new era of your franchise take over at LT while also gaining a little in return?

Crowded position Advantage Miami

Other options....how many other teams have been calling KC for a chance at Albert? None...it is basically Miami and no one else (at least with the ability to take on his contract demands). Miami can sign both McKinnie (you know the LT that started in the playoffs and super bowl and protected Flacco's blindside) and Winston for cheaper then they would Albert. Granted Albert is a better player, but both those players would be serviceable, the Dolphins also have Martin who has put on about 15 pounds and looks to improve. Lets not forget that Jacksonville just selected a LT....with Monroe still on the roster...they can always go that route in a trade.

Other options Advantage Miami

The way I see it KC lacks very little in terms of leverage...if the deal goes down it is going to be for a 3rd and only a 2013 3rd if not they are stuck with Albert and will need to cut someone else in order to sign their draft picks.



Hmm let's see. KC has already filled most it's needs with an active FA period. KC has enough cap to sign their rooks and enough picks to fill remaining needs via the draft.

KC has albert a legit LT signed for the year and have drafted the best LT in the draft while the phins don't have one on their roster...advantage KC.

KC doesn't HAVE to trade Albert while the Phins HAVE to find a LT...advantage KC.

If the phins are stupid enough to think Marten and company is good enough to protect their young QB who is still trying to "get it" then that's their problem.

We CAN keep albert and enjoy a good season with our new offense and give our rookie a year on the right side to get acclimated to the NFL. Meanwhile phins can enjoy watching their QB run for his life. Decision is theirs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpinsky33


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 1628
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpinsky33 wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:
Ok, I just from how I understand it am getting more and more fearful of would we actually get a third for losing Albert.

I'm really hoping the Chiefs are ticked at the Dolphins and tell them the price for Albert went up. Sure they can trade up to secure Watson, but let's be realistic, Watson won't be near the player BA is. I tell the Dolphins the price for Albert is #54 and a 2014 3rd round pick that can turn into a 2nd round pick if Albert plays in over 16 games. If not then they can enjoy watching their line help pick Tannihill up off the turf.


So be it, but Ireland usually gets the better of these deals...

Lets see....KC is rolling into the draft with 3.1 million in cap space and still have to sign their rookies. You have a franchise Tagged Tackle that already has a replacement on the team that is costing close to 9 million. I wonder how you could free up some cap space to have the in season cushion and sign the rookies while also gaining a little something in return?

Money issue Advantage Dolphins

Albert knows his replacement is on the team. He was drafted number one overall and is the first player the new coach and GM personally selected as their first pick. Who do you think they will favor...the older somewhat injury prone LT from the previous regime or the guy they picked themselves? Albert is only on the team one year and at the end of that he will be gone for almost nothing and he will play most of the season rather disgruntled...again how can you let the new era of your franchise take over at LT while also gaining a little in return?

Crowded position Advantage Miami

Other options....how many other teams have been calling KC for a chance at Albert? None...it is basically Miami and no one else (at least with the ability to take on his contract demands). Miami can sign both McKinnie (you know the LT that started in the playoffs and super bowl and protected Flacco's blindside) and Winston for cheaper then they would Albert. Granted Albert is a better player, but both those players would be serviceable, the Dolphins also have Martin who has put on about 15 pounds and looks to improve. Lets not forget that Jacksonville just selected a LT....with Monroe still on the roster...they can always go that route in a trade.

Other options Advantage Miami

The way I see it KC lacks very little in terms of leverage...if the deal goes down it is going to be for a 3rd and only a 2013 3rd if not they are stuck with Albert and will need to cut someone else in order to sign their draft picks.


I wrote a brillant rebuttal to this but when I hit submit it asked me to re-log in and start over so I'm not doing it again.
The gist.
1)We don't need to trade Albert for cap relief. We have plenty of money for our draft picks.
2) The Dolphins don't have a T on there roster that would start for any other team in the NFL. Sure they can sign two cast offs that haven't gotten much (if any) action on the free agent market, but the point will still pretty much stand that your OL will be terrible next year and you will be drafting an LT with a top 10 pick (if you are lucky)
3) The Cards, Chargers, and Lions still need a LT the Chiefs could wait until after the draft to see if a trade for a second comes about with them.
4) You can never have too many quality OL. We had injuries along the line last year, so having two quality LTs on your roster isn't a bad thing...its a good thing.
5) Albert will be given a shot to win the LT position. Sure Fisher might be the future LT of the Chiefs, but if Albert plays lights out and we are able to resign him, will anyone really be upset with the best OL in football. Reid drafted Stacey Andrews to play LT, but due to other personally he played G (for teams that were making the playoffs). If we are winning, Albert will be happy simply playing. He is trying what he can to make the most money for himself, and his agent will tell him. You go out there and force the Chiefs to start you at LT. He does that, he will get his money.
_________________
.
What I would have done.
1) Fisher, 3a) Keenan Allen, 3b) Shamarko Thomas, 4) Nico Johnson, 5) Stepfan Taylor, 6a) Nick Kasa, 6b) Taylor Bray, 7) Joe Kruger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18547
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert, Schwartz, Hudson, Asamoah, Fisher. I see 6.5 in Jamaal's future
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Diesel2692


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 2615
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good doesn't it lol. Yeah these idiot dolphins fans who keep coming here with the idea we HAVE to trade albert kill me. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18547
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
Sounds good doesn't it lol. Yeah these idiot dolphins fans who keep coming here with the idea we HAVE to trade albert kill me. Laughing


there's no need to call them idiots, but I agree we absolutely don't have to trade Albert
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group