Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami given permission to talk to Albert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rumless

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of reports coming out that either the trade is being slowed by financial terms or by whether the pick is 42 or 54.

If the latter is correct, I'm really hoping Dorsey calls Ireland's bluff and swipes 42. Would slightly redeem him for the Alex Smith trade.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at this point we are just going back and forth over compensation. Hopefully they can agree to that soon otherwise could run out of time. Since Albert would still need to get a physical with Miami before a trade could be finalized. It could be we settle for their second 2nd round pick but get another pick next year or something. Who knows.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about 54 and Bess for Albert?

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
What about 54 and Bess for Albert?

I was thinking about this earlier...

Albert and #1 overall for their 1st this year, #54 and their 1st next year. Pretty even in terms of value and it'd be a win for both teams IMO. Just a fleeting thought I had that I figured I'd share.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they get Albert, why would they move up?

ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
If they get Albert, why would they move up?

Jordan or Milliner. A duo of Wake and Jordan would be deadly and they have a pressing need in the secondary. Granted, that need is weighted more to safety, but Milliner would still make a lot of sense.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Flexx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
There are a couple of reports coming out that either the trade is being slowed by financial terms or by whether the pick is 42 or 54.

If the latter is correct, I'm really hoping Dorsey calls Ireland's bluff and swipes 42. Would slightly redeem him for the Alex Smith trade.
Nothing to redeem. Good trade. SF would not except anything less.
jimmydee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flex, I agree, and I'll repeat myself once again. Let's take a look at #34 and see who is there that could come in and have the IMMEDIATE positive impact on the chiefs for several years. If Smith were there at #34, MOST intelligent football folks would take that starting QBnover any other in this years draft class in a heart beat, and be really surprised that he was still there.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've said it before I don't think there is anything to Redeem. With the 34th pick we went out and got the most solid QB available in draft/FA. Hard to complain.

Now would it be nice to RECOUP some picks. Yeah, but in a draft like this lacking "STAR" type players but having good depth/solid starters, you want all the picks you can get.

timmay98

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think look at it as there should be something to redeem. Then again i do still believe they gave up a bit more than they needed to especially when you tie in the thought that there is a conditional pick involved for next year.

However we HAD to have a QB and this year is a weak class of QB's. They are going to go too high and I believe some teams are going to be dissappointed. I think we got the best availabhle QB and one that fits our scheme. It was interesting I was watching NFL networks path to the draft a little over a month ago before some of the QB's started to slide and Charlie Casserly came on and said after digging into this years QB class he see's what KC gave up what they did to get Smith, he's the best QB available. I think it will prove to be the case...at least i hope.
ChrisSmith1987

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Bess and #52 for Albert?
chiefs82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/04/25/report-dolphins-not-willing-to-part-with-second-round-pick-for-chiefs-branden-albert/

Quote:
According to the Palm Beach Post, the Miami Dolphins are not willing to give up a second-round pick to the Kansas City Chiefs for LT Branden Albert.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to the Palm Beach Post, the Miami Dolphins are not willing to give up a second-round pick to the Kansas City Chiefs for LT Branden Albert.

Then they better not be getting Albert. To me, it is foolish to move Albert for anything less than a 2nd, getting a third, and making the line temporarily weaker when we could get a rookie a year of experience, and still get a third round pick. Makes more sense to me.

Plus then you have the added chance of someone losing a LT in training camp/pre-season and offering more.

Mongo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:
According to the Palm Beach Post, the Miami Dolphins are not willing to give up a second-round pick to the Kansas City Chiefs for LT Branden Albert.

Then they better not be getting Albert. To me, it is foolish to move Albert for anything less than a 2nd, getting a third, and making the line temporarily weaker when we could get a rookie a year of experience, and still get a third round pick. Makes more sense to me.

Plus then you have the added chance of someone losing a LT in training camp/pre-season and offering more.

MIA spit in KC's eye by giving up their earlier R2 pick. Talk to DET or AZ
valkrei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would trade Albert to Miami for their 2nd and 3rd this year or 2nd this year and next year.

arthur browns still on the board guys, chiefs need to do some wheeling and dealing and make that happen.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: