Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Schedule; Ravens play Broncos in opener
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: 2013 NFL Schedule; Ravens play Broncos in opener Reply with quote

Quote:
The Ravens will open the 2013 season at Denver in a Thurs night kickoff. Full NFL schedule to be released tonight

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/324900897043931136

The Dumervil vs the Broncos game Laughing

Re-match of the AFC Divisional round game.

Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:32 am; edited 3 times in total
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bad feeling that Elvis is going to make John Elway look like an absolute fool in this game.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we play them first. I want us to show off our new weapon, Welker!

I think Doom may get a sack.....In garbage time...bahaha

Btw I can't stand that first .gif, that is so PI!! haha

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:

Changed it.
Tom Brady Tribute
eddie mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
I have a bad feeling that Elvis is going to make John Elway look like an absolute fool in this game.

Depends on whether Clady plays but I dont think he'll get [inappropriate/removed] against our new up tempo offense regardless, 2 steps ball gone offense.

Sig by Lil Uno thanks bro.
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddie mac wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Depends on whether Clady plays but I dont think he'll get [inappropriate/removed] against our new up tempo offense regardless, 2 steps ball gone offense.

Yeah I agree. If we're clicking off the bat, it'll be tough for the Ravens, who by the way are iffy at CB. Webb is coming off injury, Jimmy Smith is average, and who is going to cover Welker?

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncs4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!!! Revenge!! Twisted Evil

Thanks to Delphi83 for the incredible sig and Avatar!
Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely getting tickets for this game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

Changed it.

Crying or Very sad Laughing

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

Changed it.

Crying or Very sad Laughing

Well, you asked. Laughing
Tom Brady Tribute
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes - We already had a thread open discussing the 2013 schedule. Since I've asked you before, both publicly and privately, to check the forum before creating a new topic and you continue to ignore me, consider this an official WARNING.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from the other thread but I will respond here.

broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
hammer25 wrote:
I look for Baltimore at Denver for Monday nighter

I'm almost certain that's what it will be.

I bet Steve Bisciotti is absolutely irate with Peter Angelos & Co right now. How can the Orioles be so big-headed as to not move one game so their co-city champs can host a home game on opening night?

The game won't be on Monday night, first of all. Baltimore will play that Thursday as an away game.

Second of all, I'm surprised you of all people are mad at Angelos. The Orioles, and to a greater extent, Major League Baseball have ABSOLUTELY ZERO obligation to rearrange their schedules to accommodate the NFL. The precedent that would set is awful, and, let's not forget, whether people understand this or not Baltimore is first and foremost a baseball town. It always has been.

There is no reason the Orioles should be forced to forego revenue because the NFL wants to be on its bully pulpit and shove people around. Would you argue that if the tables were turned, and there was a crucial Orioles playoff game on a Sunday in October that the Ravens should flip their schedule and cause a mess because of it? Of course no, so why should the opposite apply?

I meant Thursday night, not Monday night. Not sure if hammer25 meant the same thing.

I understand what you're saying about the Orioles, and I'm not mad at Angelos. I just said I bet Bisciotti and the Ravens leadership is. This is a special case scenario and, regardless of whether Baltimore is a football or baseball town, I'm just a little surprised the Orioles weren't willing to budge. We're talking about the season opener in the NFL and a mid-September game that is just one of a 162.

Regardless, it's good news for us as we get to open the season on national TV in a big game at home. That's good for us as fans and for the state of Colorado. September evenings along the front range are gorgeous, temps should be in the low-80s and the sky should be crystal clear at kickoff. I'll probably request a credential to cover this game (if I'm still in Colorado at that point).

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
eddie mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A chance to get some payback early on in the season. You gotta love that.

Sig by Lil Uno thanks bro.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guys, I have an opinion I must ask.

Should I go see us play the Giants in NY or see us play the Patriots in Foxboro?
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This is from the other thread but I will respond here.

broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
hammer25 wrote:
I look for Baltimore at Denver for Monday nighter

I'm almost certain that's what it will be.

I bet Steve Bisciotti is absolutely irate with Peter Angelos & Co right now. How can the Orioles be so big-headed as to not move one game so their co-city champs can host a home game on opening night?

The game won't be on Monday night, first of all. Baltimore will play that Thursday as an away game.

Second of all, I'm surprised you of all people are mad at Angelos. The Orioles, and to a greater extent, Major League Baseball have ABSOLUTELY ZERO obligation to rearrange their schedules to accommodate the NFL. The precedent that would set is awful, and, let's not forget, whether people understand this or not Baltimore is first and foremost a baseball town. It always has been.

There is no reason the Orioles should be forced to forego revenue because the NFL wants to be on its bully pulpit and shove people around. Would you argue that if the tables were turned, and there was a crucial Orioles playoff game on a Sunday in October that the Ravens should flip their schedule and cause a mess because of it? Of course no, so why should the opposite apply?

I meant Thursday night, not Monday night. Not sure if hammer25 meant the same thing.

I understand what you're saying about the Orioles, and I'm not mad at Angelos. I just said I bet Bisciotti and the Ravens leadership is. This is a special case scenario and, regardless of whether Baltimore is a football or baseball town, I'm just a little surprised the Orioles weren't willing to budge. We're talking about the season opener in the NFL and a mid-September game that is just one of a 162.

Regardless, it's good news for us as we get to open the season on national TV in a big game at home. That's good for us as fans and for the state of Colorado. September evenings along the front range are gorgeous, temps should be in the low-80s and the sky should be crystal clear at kickoff. I'll probably request a credential to cover this game (if I'm still in Colorado at that point).

I'm not surprised. While I've met Steve Bisciotti before (UMD alum, business school donor, season ticket holder etc etc) and he's a nice dude, apparently he's a huge, well, you know, to Angelos. I've talked to people who are in the know in Baltimore who have mentioned that Bisciotti has repeatedly tried to use his influence to bully Angelos (someone who, I can assure, has tremendous pull within the city of Baltimore).

Angelos is a bit of a tool himself, but I think MLB higherups had a lot to do with this as well. They couldn't afford the issues with precedent there.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: