Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Schedule Released; Ravens play Broncos in opener
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
spiritoftruth wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Sounds like the week 2 game for the Ravens will be the Patriots.

Not exactly the first 2 games I'd wish to start my schedule with.

Yea, I feel bad for the Patriots and Broncos.

Ravens opening games under Harbaugh:

2012- Bengals 13 @ Ravens 44
2011- Steelers 7 @ Ravens 35
2010- Ravens 10 @ Jets 9
2009- Chiefs 24 @ Ravens 38
2008- Bengals 10 @ Ravens 17

5 wins, 3 blowouts.

We usually play great in Week 1, since under Harbaugh we've been pretty much unbeatable with additional preparation (bye weeks/season openers). But we've had our fair share of letdown Week 2 losses too (mostly thinking of the past 3 years), so in that sense maybe the Pats aren't too bad off. Then again, they also have to play us in Baltimore, where we almost never lose, with the added luster of being under the lights and probably having some sort of ceremony or celebration for the SB win. With it also being a rivalry game, the energy will be crazy.

In any case, even if we start 0-2, we also by nature will have a weaker schedule from there on out to dig ourselves out of the hole. But I'm expecting us to split 1-1 one way or another.

Fun Fact: Harbaugh in games with extended rest (opener, bye or TNF followup)

2008 vs CIN: W 17-10
2008 vs CLE: W 28-10
2009 vs KC: W 38-24
2009 vs DEN: W 30-7
2010 @ NYJ: W 10-9
2010 vs MIA: W 26-10
2010 @ CAR: W 37-13
2011 vs PIT: W 35-7
2011 vs HOU: W 29-14
2011 @ CLE: W 24-10
2011 vs HOU: W 20-13
2012 vs CIN: W 44-13
2012 vs KC: W 9-6
2012 @ CLE: W 25-15
2012 vs SF: W 34-31

15-0
27.1 ppg scored
12.8 ppg allowed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
spiritoftruth wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

Yea, I feel bad for the Patriots and Broncos.

Ravens opening games under Harbaugh:

2012- Bengals 13 @ Ravens 44
2011- Steelers 7 @ Ravens 35
2010- Ravens 10 @ Jets 9
2009- Chiefs 24 @ Ravens 38
2008- Bengals 10 @ Ravens 17

5 wins, 3 blowouts.

No reason to feel bad for the Patriots, if you're going based on the history of John Harbaugh, on week 2 his record is 1-3:

2012- Ravens 23 - Eagles 24.
2011- Ravens 13 - Titans 26.
2010- Ravens 10 - Bengals 15.
2009- Chargers 26 - Ravens 31.
2008- Bye Week

I think all of those games were on the road and having Thursday to the following Monday we might as well be coming off a bye. I'm not worried about that trend.

Free Ray Rice
Rayvens52

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

That's because your team is the Panthers, of course you wouldn't want that. Have you watched the playoffs and regular season game? we won both against NE. I'm not worried about them anymore.

Thanks to mike23md on the sig!
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayvens52 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

That's because your team is the Panthers, of course you wouldn't want that. Have you watched the playoffs and regular season game? we won both against NE. I'm not worried about them anymore.

I'm so glad that you exist, if only because if someone hadn't gone full troll after we won the Super Bowl, it almost wouldn't have made sense.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayvens52 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

That's because your team is the Panthers, of course you wouldn't want that.

You need to chill out with these pot shots at other teams, or you need to find a new site to post on.

- ET

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But yeah also what ET said.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
But yeah also what ET said.

Agreed. Save your Ravens trolling for the general board, where it will be fully tolerated.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayvens52 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure my team being the Panthers has a lot to do with it not wanting to start the season off against Manning and Brady, two first ballot HOFers and two of the leagues elite.

I know you beat New England twice last year. Just like New England beat you in the AFC Championship game the year before. Last year doesn't matter nor does it guarantee you anything. Starting off against Denver and New England isn't exactly the most ideal thing. Both are games you definitely could end up losing (just like you could very well end up winning). It's still a rough start to the season.

And considering only 22 of 184 teams that have started the season 0-2 since 1990 have made the postseason, it isn't going to be a good thing or something that won't matter if you happen to lose (Baltimore is capable of rebounding from it, but it also isn't close to being a given). Which is what I'm saying. I wasn't taking a shot at Baltimore or saying they can't win. Just saying both are going to be extremely tough, competitive games that they very well could lose, which isn't exactly an issue except it is starting the season off. Starting off 0-2 would hurt a lot more than people think.

I do think Baltimore will at least split, by the way (and they very well could go 2-0; wouldn't doubt it as I think they'll be very good to great next year). But again, it isn't an ideal way to start the season.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
And considering only 22 of 184 teams that have started the season 0-2 since 1990 have made the postseason, no, it isn't going to be a good thing or something that won't matter if you happen to lose. Which is what I'm saying. I wasn't taking a shot at Baltimore or saying they can't win. Just saying both are going to be extremely tough, competitive games that they very well could lose, which isn't exactly an issue except it is starting the season off. Starting off 0-2 would hurt a lot more than people think, regardless of how the rest of the schedule may be.
I don't think that really proves anything, though. Most teams that start 0-2 miss the playoffs because they're crappy teams that keep losing after starting 0-2, not because there's something particularly spooky about losing their first 2 games. Obviously, losing any game makes you less likely to make the playoffs than winning it, but it's not like teams are uniquely disadvantaged by taking their lumps at the beginning of the season. The Ravens had a 3 game losing streak just last year and still made the playoffs.

If they lose to the Pats and Broncos to start the season and end up missing the playoffs, it'll be because they're a crappy team that wasn't worthy of being a playoff team and lost to a whole lot of teams. It won't be because of 2 losses to start the season. Does losing to New England and Denver in Week 1 and then Week 13 hurt any less than losing to them in Weeks 1 and 2? I understand the argument of momentum and such, but like I said, a losing streak is a losing streak no matter where it is. And looking at it from the other side, taking on probably the 2 toughest teams on your schedule and then having the better part of 4 months to work your way back from that damage isn't a terrible situation to be in.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Rayvens52 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure my team being the Panthers has a lot to do with it not wanting to start the season off against Manning and Brady, two first ballot HOFers and two of the leagues elite.

I know you beat New England twice last year. Just like New England beat you in the AFC Championship game the year before. Last year doesn't matter nor does it guarantee you anything. Starting off against Denver and New England isn't exactly the most ideal thing. Both are games you definitely could end up losing (just like you could very well end up winning). It's still a rough start to the season.

And considering only 22 of 184 teams that have started the season 0-2 since 1990 have made the postseason, it isn't going to be a good thing or something that won't matter if you happen to lose (Baltimore is capable of rebounding from it, but it also isn't close to being a given). Which is what I'm saying. I wasn't taking a shot at Baltimore or saying they can't win. Just saying both are going to be extremely tough, competitive games that they very well could lose, which isn't exactly an issue except it is starting the season off. Starting off 0-2 would hurt a lot more than people think.

I do think Baltimore will at least split, by the way (and they very well could go 2-0; wouldn't doubt it as I think they'll be very good to great next year). But again, it isn't an ideal way to start the season.

It's not like those teams will just disappear off the schedule if we don't face them the first two weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
It's not like those teams will just disappear off the schedule if we don't face them the first two weeks.

They won't. But I'd argue starting off 0-2 is worse than dropping 2 spread out losses. It's a mentality and momentum thing. Could Baltimore overcome it? Certainly. It wouldn't surprise me and I'd probably still expect them to make the playoffs (in the AFC, anyway; I'd be a lot more concerned if it was the NFC but probably still predict them).

Quote:
And looking at it from the other side, taking on probably the 2 toughest teams on your schedule and then having the better part of 4 months to work your way back from that damage isn't a terrible situation to be in.

It's not a bad situation, even moreso since Baltimore steps their game up against stronger team. But they've also had odd lapses where they'll just play down to a weaker team and Flacco can be inconsistent at times, which is why I think starting 0-2 (which isn't a given; just a possibility and they very well could start 2-0) would hurt them quite a bit considering their division.

I see what you mean about the 0-2 statistic. But I do think starting 0-2 is worse for a team than losing in Week 1 and then losing in Week 13.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why wasn't this put in the other NFL Schedule thread?

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few updates.

Dolphins will play the Browns on week 1.
Cowboys will host the Giants on week 1.
Buccaneers will visit the Jets on week 1.
Giants will play the Broncos on week 2.
Tom Brady Tribute
game3525

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
A few updates.

Dolphins will play the Browns on week 1.
Cowboys will host the Giants on week 1.
Buccaneers will visit the Jets on week 1.
Giants will play the Broncos on week 2.

NFL be trolling. Laughing
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins will play the Eagles on week 1 on Monday Night Football.
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: