Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Will the Ravens First Round Pick Be?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Ravens First Selection Will Be
Tyler Eifert
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Menelik Watson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Keenan Allen
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Matt Elam
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Kenny Vaccaro
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Johnathan Cyprien
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Deandre Hopkins
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Justin Hunter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cordarrelle Patterson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Alec Ogletree
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Manti Te'o
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Kevin Minter
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Arthur Brown
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Jamie Collins
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Margus Hunt
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
John Jenkins
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Johnathan Hankins
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tank Carradine
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Datone Jones
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

alfalcone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Who Will the Ravens First Round Pick Be? Reply with quote

With the draft a week away, I just wanted to see how accurately the Ravens first round pick could be predicted on this forum.

I was forced to cut a few options from the poll, Jarvis Jones, Zach Ertz, Robert Woods, Sylvester Williams, and Jesse Williams.

My gut says Eifert. I think our first two picks will be some combo of Eifert, Elam, and Allen.

Last edited by alfalcone on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's going to be one of three guys:

Matt Elam
DeAndre Hopkins
Kevin Minter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're going to trade back into the 2nd. Obviously if there's someone we can't pass up he'll be the pick but I think they'll have a number of good values still on the board at 32.

If anyone saw the pre-draft conference with Ozzie, DeCosta, and Harbaugh, there were some decent quotes in there that can help with where we might be going. Nothing too telling as they obviously won't give up what they're going to do, but DeCosta in particular gave some comments on some prospects:

Quote:
(DeCOSTA) ďThe safeties, I think itís a great group of guys. Obviously, Kenny Vaccaro from Texas is a fine player, senior prospective, outstanding, probably a first-rounder. I think you have guys in the second round: Matt Elam from Florida, [Jonathan] Cyprien from Florida International, [D.J.] Swearinger from South Carolina. You have [J.J.] Wilcox from Georgia Southern, [Bacarri] Rambo from Georgia, Shawn Williams from Georgia. There are a lot of guys this year. Weíve looked at a lot of them, obviously. We spent a lot of time on all of those players, and I think itís an exciting group. Ozzie [Newsome] has already said that there is a good chance that we will take at least one safety at some point in the draft. Numbers-wise, I think, thatís very accurate.Ē

^From that, it seems like they look at Elam and Cyprien at more 2nd round talents, so if we could trade back and nab one of them it'd be great.

They also had some positives to say about Manti Teo. Granted they were really only concerning the concerns that come with him, but they seem like they at least like him. I think he's a possibility at 32, but from what I've heard recently from guys like Kiper it seems like he's not going to get past 25.

If I had to guess, I'm going to predict that Alec Ogletree free falls a bit and we nab him at 32. Idk. Just have a feeling about it and I could be wrong. But I think he falls there, and we pounce on him. I think he's a perfect fit for what we've put together on defense. 3 down linebacker, has the speed and athleticism to complement what we've already got on D.
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
I think it's going to be one of three guys:

Matt Elam
DeAndre Hopkins
Kevin Minter

I would be thoroughly satisfied with any of them, so I hope you're right

GO RAVENS!!
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:

If I had to guess, I'm going to predict that Alec Ogletree free falls a bit and we nab him at 32. Idk. Just have a feeling about it and I could be wrong. But I think he falls there, and we pounce on him. I think he's a perfect fit for what we've put together on defense. 3 down linebacker, has the speed and athleticism to complement what we've already got on D.

Not a fan of Ogletree personally, but if Ozzie and co. decide he should be the pick, I'd be okay with it. Our front office has a great history with LBers so I trust their evaluation much, much more than my own, so I'd be okay with the pick.

GO RAVENS!!
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we make a pick I think it's gonna be Manti Te'o, Jesse Williams, or D.J. Fluker.

I'll go Williams.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a feeling about Keenan Allen being the pick, but right now I'm getting the feeling that Te'O is going to go just a few picks before us (maybe to Green Bay) and from there we're going to trade back and draft Khaseem Greene. He's an optimal fit for our defense- just as athletic as Ogletree, plays more physical, and possesses the better intangibles (team leader, DPOY 2x, and no run ins with the law.)

I think Greene compares favorably to Bobby Wagner from last season who went on to have much success in his rookie season. I think we'll trade back and select him in a similar range.

So to answer the poll, I select "other".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think Xavier Rhodes could be in play. I could easily see that 4.65 shuttle scaring teams, plus there's always been ball skill questions, and corner needy teams going with Trufant and Taylor. I have mixed feelings myself but he is a hell of a press corner. Very physical player.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I also think Xavier Rhodes could be in play. I could easily see that 4.65 shuttle scaring teams, plus there's always been ball skill questions, and corner needy teams going with Trufant and Taylor. I have mixed feelings myself but he is a hell of a press corner. Very physical player.

Judging by how Pees called the coverages last season (and in New England) that's not the type of corner we would want them to take. He uses off-man way too much for my liking but it is what it is.
Anubiz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gut is still telling me Keenan Allen is our guy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe a top WR will be there, but I dont think its Allen. Too much buzz around him to be there at 32 I think. Hopkins, on the other hand will be there in my opinion. Its all about who falls to us. I think a top prospect will fall. Could be Hopkins, could be Fluker, could be Brown/Teo. If I had to bet on it, im saying its Fluker, as long as he gets past #21
DreamKid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we are offered a crazy deal like a 1st next year and more, I don't see us trading out of Round 1. More likely to me would be us trading up from the bottom of the 2nd or 3rd. I would love to nab Eifert but he will be long gone by the time we are on the clock. Some guys who could fall that we may look at would be Patterson, Moore, and Werner. All of their stock is plummeting and Moore looks to end up in the 2nd. I wouldn't sleep on a LT being in the discussion either be it Pugh or Bakhtiari, I'm not high on them but opinion across the league is that they could be starters on the left side. With questions at that spot on our team being so polarized, it wouldn't shock me if a pick like that was made. Seeing as how we always go BPA though, I doubt we go that route. I just see the pick being Cyprien, even more so with the addition of Huff. He seems like a Raven pick, instinctive, sound, fast, and explosive. I just hope he is there, he is a fast riser.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to say Te'o but I don't think he's going to get past Minnesota. My vote went to Cyprien but it's really a toss-up. The draft is deep at just about every position of need the Ravens have and there are more of those needs than we're used to seeing.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
Unless we are offered a crazy deal like a 1st next year and more, I don't see us trading out of Round 1. More likely to me would be us trading up from the bottom of the 2nd or 3rd. I would love to nab Eifert but he will be long gone by the time we are on the clock. Some guys who could fall that we may look at would be Patterson, Moore, and Werner. All of their stock is plummeting and Moore looks to end up in the 2nd. I wouldn't sleep on a LT being in the discussion either be it Pugh or Bakhtiari, I'm not high on them but opinion across the league is that they could be starters on the left side. With questions at that spot on our team being so polarized, it wouldn't shock me if a pick like that was made. Seeing as how we always go BPA though, I doubt we go that route. I just see the pick being Cyprien, even more so with the addition of Huff. He seems like a Raven pick, instinctive, sound, fast, and explosive. I just hope he is there, he is a fast riser.

I don't understand this, why wouldn't we trade back. Trading back from a 1st rounder could give us a 3rd or 4th. Most of our extra picks come in the form of late rounders, not top 100 picks. If we want ammo to trade up later in the draft, we'll need to trade down.

And with us being at the last spot of the 1st... and with a QB run likely to start, I could easily see a team like the Jets giving up a 3rd or 4th round pick to move up and select their 2nd rated QB. As long as we stay in the top half of the 2nd round, a trade back would give us tremendous value to work with in the top 150 picks or so.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to get a feeling that our first pick will be in the trenches on offense, and could even be an OG if they really are serious about KO moving to LT.

If that is the case, I would think that Jonathan Cooper if he's still on the board at #32, or Kyle Long, Larry Warford, or Brian Winters if we trade down would all be in play.

When all is said and done, I think it very well could be Cooper, becaise I believe that the organization sees KO as an OT down the road.

So for the poll, my answer is "other".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: