Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Make your best 3 NFL draft predictions here:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cornbread5


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 440
Location: New York, NY
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
Cornbread5 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Cornbread5 wrote:
Matt Barkley goes in the top 12 picks

Justin Hunter is the first WR off the board

Tavon Austin will fall out of top 25


Those are some bold predictions.
And Im not sure I disagree with any of them


Tavon wont fall past 22 if he's there


What makes you so sure the Rams want him? Just sayin...


The fact that we have 3 WR on our roster.
The fact that NONE are HUGE difference makers.
The fact that Sam Bradford hasn't had a formidable receiver in 3 years.


I didn't say they won't take a receiver in the first round.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9040
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
The fact that we have 3 WR on our roster.
The fact that NONE are HUGE difference makers.
The fact that Sam Bradford hasn't had a formidable receiver in 3 years.


Even so, none of these things "guarantee" he won't get past #22...

I like him as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean squat to the Rams FO...
_________________

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hoj398


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 1004
Location: Detroit, Mi
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
The fact that we have 3 WR on our roster.
The fact that NONE are HUGE difference makers.
The fact that Sam Bradford hasn't had a formidable receiver in 3 years.


Even so, none of these things "guarantee" he won't get past #22...

I like him as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean squat to the Rams FO...


Id have to believe it means something to the FO.

"It’s a pretty simple answer: Get better players to fill out the rest of the offensive roster. During an interview with ESPN 101, Fisher intimated that a better supporting cast would solve some of the remaining issues with Bradford’s game."

“His play was directly affected by the people around him. There’s times when it’s difficult to step up in the pocket and make the good throw. That’s not the quarterback’s fault. That’s whatever’s going on out front,” Fisher said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “We’re pleased with what Sam did. He’s got an exciting future. I know he’s really excited about coming back in here in April and getting started and not having to learn another offense."

the O-line has been upgraded greatly if i'm not mistaken. with Jake and Rodger manning the tackle position. now getting receiver help for sam is the main priority.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9040
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
The fact that we have 3 WR on our roster.
The fact that NONE are HUGE difference makers.
The fact that Sam Bradford hasn't had a formidable receiver in 3 years.


Even so, none of these things "guarantee" he won't get past #22...

I like him as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean squat to the Rams FO...


Id have to believe it means something to the FO.

"It’s a pretty simple answer: Get better players to fill out the rest of the offensive roster. During an interview with ESPN 101, Fisher intimated that a better supporting cast would solve some of the remaining issues with Bradford’s game."

“His play was directly affected by the people around him. There’s times when it’s difficult to step up in the pocket and make the good throw. That’s not the quarterback’s fault. That’s whatever’s going on out front,” Fisher said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “We’re pleased with what Sam did. He’s got an exciting future. I know he’s really excited about coming back in here in April and getting started and not having to learn another offense."

the O-line has been upgraded greatly if i'm not mistaken. with Jake and Rodger manning the tackle position. now getting receiver help for sam is the main priority.


You're missing the point though, just because they want to get Sam more weapons and upgrade the position(s) doesn't mean they value Tavon Austin above every other WR in this draft internally...

They could easily pass on him if they feel someone else possess's better value. Basically, no matter how you spin it there is no guarantee he'd be wearing horns if he was avaialble at #22...

Me/you/others have no influence, no matter how much we like someone...
_________________

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hoj398


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 1004
Location: Detroit, Mi
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
The fact that we have 3 WR on our roster.
The fact that NONE are HUGE difference makers.
The fact that Sam Bradford hasn't had a formidable receiver in 3 years.


Even so, none of these things "guarantee" he won't get past #22...

I like him as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean squat to the Rams FO...


Id have to believe it means something to the FO.

"It’s a pretty simple answer: Get better players to fill out the rest of the offensive roster. During an interview with ESPN 101, Fisher intimated that a better supporting cast would solve some of the remaining issues with Bradford’s game."

“His play was directly affected by the people around him. There’s times when it’s difficult to step up in the pocket and make the good throw. That’s not the quarterback’s fault. That’s whatever’s going on out front,” Fisher said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “We’re pleased with what Sam did. He’s got an exciting future. I know he’s really excited about coming back in here in April and getting started and not having to learn another offense."

the O-line has been upgraded greatly if i'm not mistaken. with Jake and Rodger manning the tackle position. now getting receiver help for sam is the main priority.


You're missing the point though, just because they want to get Sam more weapons and upgrade the position(s) doesn't mean they value Tavon Austin above every other WR in this draft internally...

They could easily pass on him if they feel someone else possess's better value. Basically, no matter how you spin it there is no guarantee he'd be wearing horns if he was avaialble at #22...

Me/you/others have no influence, no matter how much we like someone...


So even though they've stated they want to get help for Sam, they will pass on a player that will upgrade more one than aspect of team? doesnt sound really smart to me. Tavon Austin "possess " more value in the 1st round more value than any other WR. If he is there at 22 we take him plain and simple.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mash3rramfan


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 328
Location: Eugene, OR/Los Angeles, CA/ Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson will be our pick at #16
Rams trade out of #22 to Eagles and they select EJ Manuel
No RBs 1st round
_________________



Rams. Oregon Ducks. Dodgers. Brewers. Lakers. Arsenal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9040
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
So even though they've stated they want to get help for Sam, they will pass on a player that will upgrade more one than aspect of team? doesnt sound really smart to me. Tavon Austin "possess " more value in the 1st round more value than any other WR. If he is there at 22 we take him plain and simple.


You can tell me that until you're blue in the face, doesn't change the fact you have no way of quantifying this statement...

They've said they want to get more weapons on offense for Sam, they've said nothing about focusing solely on one. They could easily value another prospect like Patterson, Allen, Hunter on their big board more if it came down to Austin vs. one of them...

Once again, just because you and I feel Austin is the best guy, doesn't mean he'll be the pick at #22. That is the "plain and simple" truth...
_________________

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5778
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - EJ Manuel is the first QB drafted

2 - Eddie Lacy falls to 3rd round

3 - Rams will draft DJ Fluker with one of first round picks (which i won't be happy about)
_________________


St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamFan23


Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 304
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams don't take a safety until Round 3. I hope not.

For the first time in years the Rams actually take a LB in the first 2 Rounds. Please be true.

Rams draft Quinton Patton with 46th pick. Not sure how I would feel.
_________________

Sig maker is RamsFan16
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4283
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamFan23 wrote:
Rams don't take a safety until Round 3. I hope not.

For the first time in years the Rams actually take a LB in the first 2 Rounds. Please be true.

Rams draft Quinton Patton with 46th pick. Not sure how I would feel.



I wouldnt like the last one
_________________
2014 Draft Wish List for the 2nd Overall Pick-
**In Order**

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BamaRam


Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Posts: 317
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams related predictions:

1. Rams trade up from #16 and down from #22.

2. Rams will pick when Cooper, Warmack, or both are on the board. We will pass on them.

3. By the end of day two, the Rams will have two new receivers and no new lineman.

General predictions:

1. Giovanni Bernard and Montee Ball fall into day 3. I have both graded as 5th rounders. Le'veon Bell is the second back off the board and is gone by the middle of the second round.

2. Keenan Allen will be the 7th wide receiver taken (behind Austin, Patterson, Hunter, Woods, Hopkins, and Patton).

3. Three QB's go round one: Smith, Barkley, and Manuel.

4. Five tackles go round one: Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, Fluker, Watson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
STLRamsFan99


Joined: 17 Aug 2012
Posts: 1331
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My draft predictions are: Austin goes top 10, Fluker goes top 15, and Olgetree drops out of the 1st round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
azwildcat16


Joined: 28 Jan 2013
Posts: 8
Location: Tucson, AZ
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Joeckel, Fisher, and Johnson go top 6

2. There is a trade into the 6 spot to get Johnson.

3. No WR's in top 15.... Pray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halradio


Joined: 26 Feb 2005
Posts: 4317
Location: Washington
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. No QBs will be taken in the top 10.

2. The Rams will draft a RB - just not until day 3.

3. The Eagles will move back into round 1 to take QB EJ Emanuel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 2108
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. We will not draft a RB(I'm betting we add a vet after the draft for a minimum like Cedric Benson)

2. We draft Matt Scott in the 5th.

3. We trade back from 22 and take DeAndre Hopkins late in the 1st. I think Atlanta will move up to grab a pass rusher they see falling and desperately need.

edit for typo
_________________

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT


Last edited by NVRamsFan on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group