Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Zac Stacy, RB, Vanderbilt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Zac Stacy, RB, Vanderbilt Reply with quote

I really like what I've seen of this guy. Seems to be universally considered a late round pick, but is very strong and slippery, with top notch production. Forty time is ok (4.55), bench press and 3-cone are excellent. Seems to be a very complete back and might be a late round steal.

From watching him, His biggest strength seems to be squeezing through tight areas and the biggest question mark is, maybe, vision, as it didn't always seem like he picked the right lane.

Anyone know much about this guy?
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. I had us taking him in the 6th in my most recent mock. Short with good size, speed, and production against good competition. Love to see us get him.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like this guy on the roster for sure. He doesn't have the breakaway speed but he's shifty. You said that he lacks vision but I think it's one of his better attributes. I think his vision makes up for his lack of top end speed. He seems to set up his blocks well and use cuts to force defenders to take a wrong angle. My favorite highlight I saw from him was late in the 4th quarter of a close game, 3rd and 4. He stiff armed one defender, and Madden truck sticked another to get the first down. Then had the awareness to slide/take a knee inbounds to keep the clock running.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Zac Stacy, RB, Vanderbilt Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
I really like what I've seen of this guy. Seems to be universally considered a late round pick, but is very strong and slippery, with top notch production. Forty time is ok (4.55), bench press and 3-cone are excellent. Seems to be a very complete back and might be a late round steal.

From watching him, His biggest strength seems to be squeezing through tight areas and the biggest question mark is, maybe, vision, as it didn't always seem like he picked the right lane.

Anyone know much about this guy?

A 4.55 40 time for a RB is pretty slow, but I wouldn't have anything against selecting a RB with a late round pick. As you know, for the most part, RBs are a dime a dozen in my eyes. Unless it's a guy like Adrian Peterson, Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders, Marcus Allen, etc., there's little reason to use a high pick on a RB.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Zac Stacy, RB, Vanderbilt Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

A 4.55 40 time for a RB is pretty slow

Not blazing by any means, but faster than much of this year's class. He improved slightly at his pro day to 4.53. His 10 and 20 yd splits are quite good, as is his shuttle, indicating good acceleration, but perhaps lacking a top gear.

CT, I didn't really mean to knock his vision, just guessing at a weakness because I did see him choose the wrong lane a couple of times. He certainly does very well finding little holes where there doesn't seem to be one.
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's any back that's gonna be drafted by us it's most likely than not going to be Stephan Taylor.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: