Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers sign former Seahawks TE Cameron Morrah
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: 49ers sign former Seahawks TE Cameron Morrah Reply with quote

Quote:
Free agent TE Cam Morrah is signing with the 49ers

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/324708800932229120

Tom Brady Tribute
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this move. Morrah is athletic enough to make some plays for us down the field. I think he has a lot of untapped potential and could be a great role player for us.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He ran a 4.54 40!

Damnn! Delanie who?
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this signing he is a camp body as of now but he is very athletic and has the speed guys want from a TE now but for me the thing i like is his size DW was 6' this guys 6'3" 250# i like the matchup issues he could create but he is inj prone so like i said as of now he is a camp body with a chance.
RedWhiteNGold

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just Baalke being Baalke. Giving us flexibility in the draft and competition in camp.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam is a good friend of mine and he is a quality class act who if healthy will give you guys an explosive weapon.

Props to Jamison on the sig
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vernon better watch out, he might lose his job... Laughing

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting move; while I don't think it takes us out of the running to draft a tight end, I think it probably assures that we won't take Eifert at 31 or 34 or even Ertz at 34 or 61.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Interesting move; while I don't think it takes us out of the running to draft a tight end, I think it probably assures that we won't take Eifert at 31 or 34 or even Ertz at 34 or 61.

Somehow, I doubt someone who was drafted in 2009 and has only 16 career receptions is really changing our draft strategy all that much.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ yep

This is what we do... we cover our bases, so that we don't feel pressured into positional need vs BPA. I can still see us selecting an early TE in the draft, if the right target falls our way.

___
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Forge wrote:

Somehow, I doubt someone who was drafted in 2009 and has only 16 career receptions is really changing our draft strategy all that much.

No, but i think it hints that the draft strategy was never Eifert or Ertz; I think it was always someone in the middle rounds. I don't think we are looking for a superstar at the position, so to speak.

49ersfan2152

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him hes always had a little buzz around him about his potentiel could be a great back up.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
Forge wrote:

No, but i think it hints that the draft strategy was never Eifert or Ertz; I think it was always someone in the middle rounds. I don't think we are looking for a superstar at the position, so to speak.

And there is NO WAY to know this at all. They will not divulge anything one way or the other, so it's all about opinion and perception. I do find it hard to believe that someone who has not been relevant in 3 years of play could change/impact our draft strategy. That is my perception of this move. He's a camp body who may not even make it through TC. Whether we are targeting Ertz/Eifert remains to be seen.
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Forge wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
Forge wrote:

And there is NO WAY to know this at all. They will not divulge anything one way or the other, so it's all about opinion and perception. I do find it hard to believe that someone who has not been relevant in 3 years of play could change/impact our draft strategy. That is my perception of this move. He's a camp body who may not even make it through TC. Whether we are targeting Ertz/Eifert remains to be seen.

This is why I used the word "think". This is what I think. I'm just looking at the logic and connecting dots in my way and this is the conclusion that *I* came up with. I never proposed to know anything. Hell, it's hard to know anything when it comes to Harbaugh and Baalke lol. I think based on this, and the what we have done pre draft, that we are not looking for a first or second round tight end; I think we are looking more middle rounds. Just my perception of the situation.

oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Just my perception of the situation.

That's the way I took it... no worries.

___

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: