Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins working on a trade for Branden Albert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anybody has leverage over the other right now in trade talks. But I do think Miami has leverage on contract negotiations. Albert has to want a long term deal, especially with the injuries, and he definitely doesn't want to shift to RT the year before his contract is up. He of all people is the one without any leverage. Plus he can threaten to holdout, but just like the situation with Starks, he really doesn't have a choice. And then to refuse to shift to RT would look like he isn't a team player and make teams shy away from him even more next year. He is in a bit of a quandry.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4805/branden-albert

Quote:
Ben Polin
A source tells the Palm Beach Post that the Dolphins don't think LT Branden Albert is worth a second-round pick.
GM Jeff Ireland is willing to pay Albert the $9 million annually he wants, but he has to draw the line somewhere. Perhaps a third-round pick will get this deal done by the time Day 2 of the draft starts on Friday night. Note that the Dolphins could have had Jake Long for $8.5 million annually -- and wouldn't have had to surrender any draft picks

If Ireland makes this trade happen for a 3rd Rounder, I will be ecstatic!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert for a third is acceptable.

Look, if this guy was a world-beater, they wouldn't entertain a trade at all. He's just servicable. And given the fact that his salary demands are quite high, that justifiably pushes down the compensation we should owe to the Chiefs.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:

Quote:
Ben Polin
A source tells the Palm Beach Post that the Dolphins don't think LT Branden Albert is worth a second-round pick.
GM Jeff Ireland is willing to pay Albert the $9 million annually he wants, but he has to draw the line somewhere. Perhaps a third-round pick will get this deal done by the time Day 2 of the draft starts on Friday night. Note that the Dolphins could have had Jake Long for $8.5 million annually -- and wouldn't have had to surrender any draft picks

This might be the hang-up....they want pick 54 and Ireland responds with a 3rd rounder...if he pulls it off for a 3rd that would be a very good move especially if he somehow trades Bess for a 4th.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:

Look, if this guy was a world-beater, they wouldn't entertain a trade at all. He's just servicable. And given the fact that his salary demands are quite high, that justifiably pushes down the compensation we should owe to the Chiefs.

He's better then serviceable, top 10 OT and a much better scheme fit then Long....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Fins20??SBChamp wrote:

Quote:
Ben Polin

This might be the hang-up....they want pick 54 and Ireland responds with a 3rd rounder...if he pulls it off for a 3rd that would be a very good move especially if he somehow trades Bess for a 4th.

Just give em the third and throw in a fifth. I wipe my backside with fifth round picks.

and puuuuuullleeeze dont bring up the outlier that is Tom Brady being a late round pick.

FF Member #67
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Fins20??SBChamp wrote:

Quote:
Ben Polin

Just give em the third and throw in a fifth. I wipe my backside with fifth round picks.

and puuuuuullleeeze dont bring up the outlier that is Tom Brady being a late round pick.

Mr. Reshad Jones would like a word with you...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:

QFT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its sad to say, but I'm mentally over this...3rd and 5th would work for me...either of the second round picks is too much though I can understand why.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like ALbert but said from day 1 on this rumor he is not worth a second round pick. Good job Ireland!!
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Really get the feeling that the move is not going to be for Albert, but a move up....

Bess, a 3rd and #12 for Pick #6...Lets make magic happen Cleveland...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Fins20??SBChamp wrote:

Quote:
Ben Polin

They don't even want 54, they want 42 Laughing

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
I Really get the feeling that the move is not going to be for Albert, but a move up....

Bess, a 3rd and #12 for Pick #6...Lets make magic happen Cleveland...
I think you might be right I was thinking that, Phins might be holding to see if one falls to the Browns and work it from there.

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Fins20??SBChamp wrote:

Quote:
Ben Polin

They don't even want 54, they want 42 Laughing

Yea, agree I know Albert might be good, but restrictions restrictions, etc. if we offered them #54 and they said no, tell them enjoy their two LT's

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something isn't jiving? How could they not think he is worth a 2nd round pick, but they do think he is worth 9 mil a season?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Something isn't jiving? How could they not think he is worth a 2nd round pick, but they do think he is worth 9 mil a season?

I think its the combination of both.

Like they dont wanna pay good money and a 2nd.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: