Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins working on a trade for Branden Albert
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patdt13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Dolphins working on a trade for Branden Albert Reply with quote

The Dolphins enter next week's draft having left the offensive line as the unit clearly in need of an upgraded.

However, it appears General Manager Jeff Ireland might not wait until Thursday to improve that unit.

According to league sources, the Dolphins have had extensive talks with Kansas City about acquiring Branden Albert for a second-round pick, and team sources acknowledge a trade could be finalized before next Thursday's NFL draft.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-miami-dolphins-0418-20130417,0,4041252.story

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure I am a fan of this but he is a solid player. I really hope he can get him for a 3rd instead. Its become obvious to Ireland he cant get one of the top 3 I am guessing.

Trade for albert draft cooper? lol

Albert was ranked the 25th best tackle by PFF last year
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
I am not sure I am a fan of this but he is a solid player. I really hope he can get him for a 3rd instead. Its become obvious to Ireland he cant get one of the top 3 I am guessing.

Trade for albert draft cooper? lol

Albert was ranked the 25th best tackle by PFF last year

Twice as good as Jake Long...Upgrayedd....that's two Ds for a double dose of that pimpin'...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone keep me sane. Is Albert that much better than Jake is this system? Hell prob get the same if not more money and we could have kept jake and gave up no picks.

However. I like having an established guy so that it wont rattle tannys development.

-Courtesy of bpastermack talking about John Beck.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not like the idea of trading draft picks no more than the next person but look at Miami 2nd round draft history. Lets also look at Miami will not get any of the top 3 OT's. Even if they trade up into the top 5 it would cost them way more than what it would take for Albert. I do not like Albert compared to Jake Long but I understand the move. Miami can easily get a second round pick back with all the teams reportedly interested in moving up in the first round. Miami can trade down and still get a pass rusher or OG.
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I don't want this trade is because Albert will be expensive. Is having Albert at LT that much of an upgrade?

Would it be better to have:

LT Albert, RT Martin (cost: 2nd round pick/7mil-yr?)
or
LT Martin, RT Winston (cost: 3-4mil-yr)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what we'd pay Albert we'd have been just as good off re-upping Long. Total waste if we go there.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
The reason I don't want this trade is because Albert will be expensive. Is having Albert at LT that much of an upgrade?

or

Winston is a solid Tackle, but Albert is a LT...you want the better player protecting the Youngin's backside.

Why is everyone so concerned with money? Ireland may have his flaws but he is damn good with the cap....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
For what we'd pay Albert we'd have been just as good off re-upping Long. Total waste if we go there.

Long wasn't good in this system....move for a player that fits the system is a good move....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:

or
I think we would be lucky to get him to sign for 7 mil he is making 9.8 right now. 7 mil and 3rd I would smile a little more. If there are no other bidders I am hoping we can get it done for a 3
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
YUP..
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:

Long wasn't good in this system....move for a player that fits the system is a good move....

Long also wouldn't have costed us a 2nd round pick. I'd take my chances with less of an investment.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, why is ti a waste? Long was 47th in this system....you don't think getting a better performing LT is worth a 2nd round pick?

Now the Dolphins can pick who ever they want at 12, or move back and still get a guy they want and recoup the 2nd...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Fins20??SBChamp wrote:

or

Winston is a solid Tackle, but Albert is a LT...you want the better player protecting the Youngin's backside.

Why is everyone so concerned with money? Ireland may have his flaws but he is damn good with the cap....

It is not just the money (I agree Ireland has been doing a good job there) it is more the 2nd round pick I am concerned with. In theory we would be trading V. Davis for Albert, (if the rumors are true). I guess I wait and see how everything plays out b4 jumping into conclusions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Fins20??SBChamp wrote:

or

It is not just the money (I agree Ireland has been doing a good job there) it is more the 2nd round pick I am concerned with. In theory we would be trading V. Davis for Albert, (if the rumors are true). I guess I wait and see how everything plays out b4 jumping into conclusions.

Again... valuing picks too much....if a pick was going to be used on a tackle anyways, why not a guy who started for several years....with success...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: