Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GM Mock Draft Results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you think I did?
A
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
B
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Might as well hire Matt Millen
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Jr911

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: GM Mock Draft Results Reply with quote

I know this happened a month or so ago, but still feel as if it would be interesting to hear everyone's take on it. While FA was apart of this, I will ignore it mostly, because we are already past it at this point. However, I will note that I signed S Amari Spievey, who I feel has a lot of potential to be a great FS in this system. Without further a due, here is the draft...

Here is how Round 1 shaped up to be...

Round 1
1 Chiefs Star Lotulelei DE, Utah
2 Jaguars Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
3 Raiders Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
4 Eagles Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
5 Lions Eric Fisher, LT, Central Michigan
6 Browns Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
7 Cardinals Chance Warmack OG Alabama
8 Bills Geno Smith, QB - West Virginia
9 Jets Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
10 Titans Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
11 Chargers Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma
12 Dolphins Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
13 Buccaneers Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
14 Panthers Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
15 Cowboys Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
16 Rams Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
17 Steelers Damontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M
18 Saints Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
19 Giants Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
20 Buccaneers Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
21 Bengals Matt Elam, S, Florida
22 Rams D.J. Fluker, T, Alabama
23 49ers Datone Jones, DL, UCLA
24 Dolphins Keenan Allen, WR, California
25 Vikings Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State

With all Round 1 value gone at S, DT, and WR...

Round 1 - Pick 26
The Green Bay Packers select, LB Alec Ogletree (Georgia)

Although there isn't a "need" at LB, Ogletree is too good of value to pass up at this point in the draft. Would give us an "elite" option at ILB, as well as possessing the ability to play some OLB. A former safety, Ogletree has the range to not only help with the run-option trend going around the league, but also can help cover TE's, which is something this team has always seemed to have trouble doing. Doesn't really fit a need, but is truly BPA at this point.

[u]Round 2 - Pick 57

The Green Bay Packers select, NT/DT Jesse Williams (Alabama)

Not only does Williams fill a need, but he was crazy value at this point in the draft. With this pick, Pickett is allowed to strictly be a rotation player, specifically at NT to give Raji a breather. NT is by far Pickett's best position, so this gives the team the flexibility to let that happen. Williams will be great against the run as well as having the athletic ability to get into the backfield. Also possessing the ability to play NT, Williams would completely solidify our D-line going into next season.

Round 3 - TRADE
Looking for a CB, the Pats send their 3rd Round Pick to the Packers for CB Tramon Williams.
Seeing as they are down a CB, Ted Thompson calls up the New York Jets and trades his own 3rd for...
CB Kyle Wilson

Through this trades, we essentially swap out a seemingly washed up CB due to injuries for a young, up and coming CB who I loved coming out of Boise St. TT has done it again!

With the Pats 3rd Round Pick, the Green Bay Packers select...
RB Montee Ball (Wisconsin)

Sliding into the 3rd possibly due to a high workload before coming into the league, the best RB in my opinion falls into our laps. Not only does he possess elite vision and agility, but he always seems to get what's there. With him in this offense, the potential is scary.

Round 4 - Pick 125
WR Kenny Stills (Oklahoma

Possesses excellent ball skills and is said to be excellent on back-shoulder throws, so he would fit perfect with A-Rod. Add in sub 4.4 speed, and you have another good target for Rodgers to throw to.

Round 5 - Pick 154
S Josh Evans (Florida)

"Overall Evans is a very physical football player. He's a guy that you can always count on to make a play and be around the ball. Evans reacts quickly to plays and gets started towards the ball fast. He has the ability to explode to the football and has excellent tackling technique. He is able to square up the runner and put on a hard hit. The questions I have are whether or not he can be consistent enough in pass coverage. He has the tools to be a very effective safety at the next level, but he needs to be more patient and allow the play to come to him. He's very athletic and sometimes I feel he takes that for granted. Overall, I feel Evans will be a good starting safety in the NFL. "

with no compensatory picks in this draft, we move on to the next round...

Round 6 - Pick 185
TE Mychal Rivera (Tennessee)

Compared to versatile TE's like James Casey, his ability to catch the football and block in space can be used with Crabtree gone and none of the other TE's beside Finley proving to be more than just a guy. Not a guaranteed spot on the team, but worth a look at this point.

Round 6 - Pick 191
WR Tavarres King (Georgia)

And the SEC trend continues. Definitely was not trying for this, but wow. An explosive vertical threat with the ability to find holes underneath and do damage with the ball in his hands, King would be a perfect guy in this offense, and packaging him with Stills will eliminate fans fears of life without Jennings and Driver. Simply put, Rodgers is a very happy man.

Round 7 - Pick 218
C Matt Stankiewitch (Penn St.)

Limited by size and athleticism, but is one of the most hard-working and intelligent prospects at the position out there...sound familiar (Scott Wells)? At the very least, I would feel comfortable with him as a backup to EDS.

UDFA:
CB Vernon Kearney (Lane)

Really think this kid is going to be a diamond in the rough, ala Sam Shields.
justo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogletree, Williams, Wilson, and Ball? Shocked That's 4 starters, right there. Ogletree would be a lot of help in situations against ZR teams. Fast LBs are the key to stopping the option at this level (IMO), while still being balanced enough to not sell out the passing game. Williams would have been in the conversation at #26, for me. Wilson is a solid CB. Tramon for him is a wash for me. What's his contract like? Ball is about perfect for our offense. Surprised King lasted that long, TBH. Really nice GM Mock.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm failing you purely for picking Rivera before King just out of principle.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to pretend you didn't essentially trade away Tramon for Kyle Wilson because even though his cap number doesn't fit, he's our best CB and Wilson is garbage.

Rivera was a bad pick, but I'd have to qualms about any of the other picks. Ogletree makes Hawk a trade or cut, nice talent upgrade there. Williams is an easy A pick there. Ball is a good, not great RB. Stills is my favorite round 4 WR. The rest minus Rivera are good value, fit, and needs.

I felt pressure to get a TE at some point too in my GM Mock. I'm guessing you we're just aiming for the best tight end at the time of that Rivera pick.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
I'm going to pretend you didn't essentially trade away Tramon for Kyle Wilson because even though his cap number doesn't fit, he's our best CB and Wilson is garbage.

Rivera was a bad pick, but I'd have to qualms about any of the other picks. Ogletree makes Hawk a trade or cut, nice talent upgrade there. Williams is an easy A pick there. Ball is a good, not great RB. Stills is my favorite round 4 WR. The rest minus Rivera are good value, fit, and needs.

I felt pressure to get a TE at some point too in my GM Mock. I'm guessing you we're just aiming for the best tight end at the time of that Rivera pick.
I have Joseph Fauria, Jake Stoneburner, Ryan Griffin, Nick Kasa, Philip Lutzenkirchen, Jack Doyle, Matt Furstenburg, and Lucas Reed all above Rivera.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

I have Joseph Fauria, Jake Stoneburner, Ryan Griffin, Nick Kasa, Philip Lutzenkirchen, Jack Doyle, Matt Furstenburg, and Lucas Reed all above Rivera.

I have all those guys above him too. But idk how the board actually looked.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Ogletree would be the steal of the draft, but King at 191 is the steal of the draft. He's a top 25 player on my BB.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I thought Ogletree would be the steal of the draft, but King at 191 is the steal of the draft. He's a top 25 player on my BB.

You crazy foo.
Jr911

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

I've seen comparisons between him and Kellen Winslow Jr, and have read numerous people saying he was not used near enough in college behind the stud WR's. With that said, I was reaching for a TE, however I felt he was the best available, even though he may be similar to guys we already have like D.J. Williams. Value might not have been there, but I think he's a decent prospect
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably just draft a CB depending who is left but I guess Wilson would be ok. I'm surprised King lasted that long. I personally woulda picked him over Stills. Had quite a few TE's before Rivera. Really like Rontez Miles and Mario Benavidas but i guess Evans and the other wouldnt be too much of a difference. First 3 picks got me sold...B!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: