Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Atlanta wants to trade up with us, do we make the deal?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5236
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: If Atlanta wants to trade up with us, do we make the deal? Reply with quote

Speculation Atlanta wants to move up for someone

Probably Milliner if he gets past Detroit and Cleveland.

Using the Jones trade 2 years ago, do we accept the extra picks and move back to #30?

2013 1st
2014 1st
2013 mid range pick, probably a 3rd

thughts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50830
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would want;

2013 1st
2014 1st
2013 2nd
2014 3rd/4th
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7227
Location: Queen Creek
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I would want;

2013 1st
2014 1st
2013 2nd
2014 3rd/4th


At first glance, this looks like way too much to give up, but it makes sense. I could see this trade being done if someone were to go from 30-32 spot to a 5-10 pick range, even if it is not with us, or not this year.

What about another trade that happened in the past, when the Jags traded up to #8 in 2008 for Derrick Harvey? The package was a 1st (26th pick), two 3rds, and one 4th, all in the same year. Would anyone be in favor of this over khodder's
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50830
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
khodder wrote:
I would want;

2013 1st
2014 1st
2013 2nd
2014 3rd/4th


At first glance, this looks like way too much to give up, but it makes sense. I could see this trade being done if someone were to go from 30-32 spot to a 5-10 pick range, even if it is not with us, or not this year.

What about another trade that happened in the past, when the Jags traded up to #8 in 2008 for Derrick Harvey? The package was a 1st (26th pick), two 3rds, and one 4th, all in the same year. Would anyone be in favor of this over khodder's


Would rather stock up in 14 and try to target a QB at all costs.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13211
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show me the first 6 picks then I'll make a decision. If Joeckel, Fisher, Jordan and Johnson were gone I think they'd move down instead of taking a OG or Pass-Rusher (not named Jordan). I'm warming on Johnson cause BA has to be wise enough to move Levi inside instead of Massie. I think all his talk these past few weeks are a smokescreen.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7227
Location: Queen Creek
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Show me the first 6 picks then I'll make a decision. If Joeckel, Fisher, Jordan and Johnson were gone I think they'd move down instead of taking a OG or Pass-Rusher (not named Jordan). I'm warming on Johnson cause BA has to be wise enough to move Levi inside instead of Massie. I think all his talk these past few weeks are a smokescreen.


I have been saying this for ages. The problem is we just might have to accept that it will not happen. Levi does have the ideal size for a right guard and certainly has the skill set to do well at that position. If we did that and took Lane Johnson, the line would be phenomenal. But life is never that easy...
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4239
Location: PA
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
khodder wrote:
I would want;

2013 1st
2014 1st
2013 2nd
2014 3rd/4th


At first glance, this looks like way too much to give up, but it makes sense. I could see this trade being done if someone were to go from 30-32 spot to a 5-10 pick range, even if it is not with us, or not this year.

What about another trade that happened in the past, when the Jags traded up to #8 in 2008 for Derrick Harvey? The package was a 1st (26th pick), two 3rds, and one 4th, all in the same year. Would anyone be in favor of this over khodder's


Would rather stock up in 14 and try to target a QB at all costs.


I agree with that compensation you laid out. It can't be less than that because you HAVE to assume Atlanta will be in the playoffs next year so that 2014 first round pick could really turn out to be almost a 2nd round pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5236
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to be a special package

Really we could draft a QB at #30, then go OL for both 2nds in 2013

Maybe ship 2014 1st for picks this year as well

I could see us moving down, remember the Pace draft, that WR we took who i cannot remember, special draft that was.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 5690
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Have to be a special package

Really we could draft a QB at #30, then go OL for both 2nds in 2013

Maybe ship 2014 1st for picks this year as well

I could see us moving down, remember the Pace draft, that WR we took who i cannot remember, special draft that was.


Or we could just go OL with all three Laughing
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5236
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would work.

Fluker, Warford & Jones

Sorted
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 5690
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
That would work.

Fluker, Warford & Jones

Sorted


I'd prefer Watson but Fluker would work!
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5236
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watson would be ok, still like Fluker a little more

Even as a Nole fan

Feel Fluker would be a brilliant RG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SuperFlyTNT


Joined: 06 Feb 2011
Posts: 457
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not like it's perfect - but I like to consult the draft value chart in these situations:

Pick #7 = 1500
Pick #30 = 620

So we need to get back 880 in draft value points after a first round swap in this year's draft. A 2014 first rounder we could estimate at around the same value since Atlanta will likely be good again - although I'd estimate it at around 650 points. That still leaves 230 draft value points - which equate to an upper 3rd round pick. So draft value chart wise, DJ your trade lines up about perfect.

However, if we gauge that they really want to move up then we can get more than the value chart indicates - although it won't be like what they gave Cleveland to move up to get Julio Jones. If we got back what Khodder is proposing I'd be really happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SuperFlyTNT


Joined: 06 Feb 2011
Posts: 457
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Watson would be ok, still like Fluker a little more

Even as a Nole fan

Feel Fluker would be a brilliant RG


Fluker as an RG - I'm all for that - just have to make sure we know he's cool with that transition because some guys aren't very happy about it due to the perceived ability to make more money in the future playing tackle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iRobot


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 789
Location: Mesa, AZ
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
Watson would be ok, still like Fluker a little more

Even as a Nole fan

Feel Fluker would be a brilliant RG


Fluker as an RG - I'm all for that - just have to make sure we know he's cool with that transition because some guys aren't very happy about it due to the perceived ability to make more money in the future playing tackle.


Mayock on Conf. Call right now just said that he thinks Joeckel, Fisher, and Johnson will all be gone before Arizona even picks. And that Fluker will be gone by the time the Dolphins are on the board, likely to San Diego as they are in dire need of OL help.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group