Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Phillip Thomas Already Familiar with our Scheme
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Phillip Thomas Already Familiar with our Scheme Reply with quote

I was listening to 106.7 the fan earlier today when Holden and Danny were on and they had an interview with Phillip Thomas.

Judging by how his interview went, Thomas thinks he will be a perfect fit for the Redskins. He had an interview with team officials, including Mike Shanahan a week ago. In that interview, Thomas says there is similarity between the Redskins defensive scheme and the one he learned at college while attending Fresno State University.

The meeting was just an interview, but it is key that Thomas played in a similar system in college. If Thomas is already comfortable with the Redskins defensive scheme it will significantly reduce the amount of time it will take for him to transition from a college to pro. He actually has said that not only is the scheme similar but, it is the exact same scheme he ran in college.

Thomas is what the Redskins defense needs the most and has been lacking since Sean Taylor's untimely and tragic death in Novemeber of 2007. Thomas is a ball hawking, big hitting 6', 210 lb safety with great range. He mentioned how he is always around the ball and is always trying to cause turnovers and make plays, which is evident by his eight interceptions in 2012, which led the nation.

Thomas is projected as a second round pick by NFL Scouts and experts. Let's hope that he lasts till the Redskins 51st pick in the second round. If he does, he could be an immediate starter and huge upgrade at one of our safety positions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas is the guy I want if Eric Reid is off the list at 51 or we could still get with a trade down.

My mocked draft without a trade down would go something like this.

Round 2- FS Phillip Thomas
Round 3- CB Tyrann Mathieu
Round 4-RB Marcus Latimore
Round 5- OT Brendan Williams
Round 5- Ilb Kevin Reddick
Round 6- QB Denard Robinson (I think he beats out Pat White during training camp)
Round 7- Best Punter aviable (he beats out Roca for the Full time Punting position)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Thomas is the guy I want if Eric Reid is off the list at 51 or we could still get with a trade down.

Round 6- QB Denard Robinson (I think he beats out Pat White during training camp)
Round 7- Best Punter aviable (he beats out Roca for the Full time Punting position)

Round 2- S Cyprien
Round 3- CB Slay
Round 4- ILB Johnson
Round 5- S McDonald
Round 5- OT Fragle
Round 6- CB Hyde
Round 7- BPA
_You guys are killin me with the Denard Robinson and Tyrann Mathieu.I predict that Robinson goes undrafted and although Mathieu does have speed,Do you want to watch taller recievers catch the ball over him for the next 4 years?
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Round 2- S Cyprien
Round 3- CB Slay
Round 4- ILB Johnson
Round 5- S McDonald
Round 5- OT Fragle
Round 6- CB Hyde
Round 7- BPA
_You guys are killin me with the Denard Robinson and Tyrann Mathieu.I predict that Robinson goes undrafted and although Mathieu does have speed,Do you want to watch taller recievers catch the ball over him for the next 4 years?

Mathieu is more than a CB pick IMO he is a playmaker like Petterson in Arizona. If we could add something like that to this team with already a guy like RG3 I'm telling you our highlights would stay on television. I know he comes with baggage and could be a risk but their is a high reward that could really come from this guy. Having Shanahan coaching him could really help mature him quickly. I know for sure if we were to select him Shanahan has done his homework on Mathieu. As far as Denard Robinson he is issuance just in case Rg3 is not capable of starting the season and we use both Cousins and Robinson to run the offense.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Tyrann won't even be available at pick #51.

Don't believe me? Just watch.
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Mathieu is going to find himself in the 5th round if he doesnt put an end to reports that surface from LSU. That being said, I dont think that he comes here cause Shanny does not like problem kids, regardless of their talent.

Lattimore is not going to play this year as he is still rehabbing from his injury and RB's are a dime a dozen to Shanahan so most likely he is not going to pick Lattimore.

Denard Robinson is going to be drafted by the Niners. I can feel that. We cannot waste picks with holes we have on players that are not apt to contributing more than just special teams.

I never wanted to see Brandon Banks in the backfield, and Ill be damned if we see Robinson lining up in the backfield.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Round 2- S Cyprien
Round 3- CB Slay
Round 4- ILB Johnson
Round 5- S McDonald
Round 5- OT Fragle
Round 6- CB Hyde
Round 7- BPA
Laughing so true, so true TK. I don't see Shanahan drafting either. Especially Mathieu, he's not a senior and all the off field problems Shanahan will probably stay away from them of his recent draft history is any indication. There is no way he takes Latimore that high because of the injury history and there is no way Brendan Williams falls to the 5th. We'd be lucky to get him in the 3rd.

I like Cyprien but I don't think he lasts to us. I'm really thinking Thomas could be the selection.

Good mock though. I like it bro. Wink

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas has been one of my favorite prospects throughout! I hope he is our pick either way him or Cyprien. They both just have the build and chip on their shoulders type players I think this team needs on the back end

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
killacam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, guys what do you think about DJ Swearinger!!!?? i think he will be a damn BEAST. The fact that none of you guys are talking about him, and saying you really hope we draft Phillip Thomas makes me wonder about my crush on DJ. DJ has been the guy I've hoped for since Cyrpien started climbing into the top of the 2nd late 1st. Thoughts??

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killacam wrote:
Hey, guys what do you think about DJ Swearinger!!!?? i think he will be a damn BEAST. The fact that none of you guys are talking about him, and saying you really hope we draft Phillip Thomas makes me wonder about my crush on DJ. DJ has been the guy I've hoped for since Cyrpien started climbing into the top of the 2nd late 1st. Thoughts??

He is 4th on my list at the FS position and I think the 2nd round is a lil high to choose him. I wouldn't mind if we made a couple of trade downs and he was to be our fixture at the FS position.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
killacam wrote:

He is 4th on my list at the FS position and I think the 2nd round is a lil high to choose him. I wouldn't mind if we made a couple of trade downs and he was to be our fixture at the FS position.

REALLY??? you think 51 is too high? i'm not even convinced he will still be there at 51.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killacam wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
killacam wrote:

REALLY??? you think 51 is too high? i'm not even convinced he will still be there at 51.

All will be revealed next week.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
killacam wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
killacam wrote:

All will be revealed next week.

Yeah, no $#@( Really?? what's next week!!?? this forum is for opinions and such. haha...so smart some are. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...not a fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGpiQDhd4CM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killacam wrote:
i like Swearinger. He seems to do everything well. I can see him going anywhere from late 2nd to the late 3rd. I'd like to have a free safety that can deliver big hits and has an attitude back there again.

Marcus21 likes him a lot. I'd certainly be satisfied if he was our 2nd round pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: