You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daintrain28's Mock Offseason 2013v.26.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Daintrain28's Mock Offseason 2013v.26.0 Reply with quote

With the 26th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson
61 214 lbs. 4.57/40

Kinda seeing this one. Numerous reports are surfacing that teams are impressed with Hopkins intangibles, his leadership, character and intelligence. There are supposedly a lot of teams at the backend of the 1st round who are interested in him. One of them could be GB, he definitely fits the mold of a "Packer Person."

Hopkins fits the mold of a classic MM WR. Hes taller, thicker, breaks tackles and gets a ton of YAC. Big hands and has played the X,Y and Z positions, which is something TT seems to look for.

Really seems to be a natural fit.

With the 58th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State
61: 230 lbs. 4.52/40

So far, every RB TT has picked is bigger than 210 lbs., so far every RB TT has picked runs a 4.5 or faster 40 time. When you factor that in, there are two early RBs who fit this equation, LeVeon Bell and Eddie Lacy.

Like Eddie Lacy Bell is a bigger RB that would be a great pair with a jitterbug like DuJuan Harris. Unlike Lacy hes more of a complete back. Hes not as good as Lacy, but hes a better fit for our system.

Coming into the season the thought was Bell would have to play FB in the NFL due in large part to his blocking. He quickly squashed that thought with great rushing, but he showed that wrinkle to his game we need in our backs. Last, he also showed some skill as a receiver out of the backfield.

TT typically goes biggest need in Round 2. I think hell do it again.

With the 90th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern
61 341 lbs 5.37/40

GB needs more pass rushers, and this is a guy who can lineup at all three DL positions. In addition to being a great run stuffer and the future at LDE, Williams is a pretty darn good pass rusher. Imagine how nice itd be to get some pressure from the left side of our DL?

With the 126th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
David Quessenberry C/G San Jose State
65 302 lbs. 5.08/40

One of the few C/G prospects who fits what TT likes to do, and is a likely candidate to take over the interior OL positions.

Like all TT OL draftees, Quessenberry played LT in college, ran a sub 7.6 three cone drill and run a sub 4.6 20 yard dash.

Seems like a fit.

With the 154th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Marqise Goodwin WR/RS Texas
59 183 lbs. 4.27/40

Track athlete with minimal football experience, but that 40 time isnt a misprint, and he could be quite a weapon in GB. Yes, hes quite a project, but considering the way our coaching staff is cranking out WRs, Id say its worth a shot.

Id love to see what Edgar Bennett could do with this guy. Instantly makes our offense faster, something we are lacking, as well as becomes quite a weapon in the return game.

With the 164th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB Florida State
62 251 lbs. 4.67/40

Projected 1st round pick that is explosive and relentless off the edge, but broke his foot in week 1. Should have taken a medical redshirt and come back for his senior season at FSU, but chose instead to enter the draft. Many are predicting freefall.

Bad for him, but good for us. If he pans out we get a legit pass rushing prospect, if not we only gave up a 5th rounder here.

With the 182nd pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Kevin Reddick ILB North Carolina
61 243 lbs. 4.72/40

See a little bit of Desmond Bishop in this guy. He is a bigger bodied ILB prospect who can take on blockers and has the athleticism to drop back into coverage. Additionally, he is a really good blitzer and could offer some creativity to Dom Capers about who to send at the QB.

Its rare to say this about a 5th round DP, but I really think he could develop into the guy to take over for Hawk in the starting role.

With the 210th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Zach Boren FB Ohio State
511 238 lbs. 5.00/40

A powerful lead blocker and converted LB. Showed some ability catching the ball outta the backfield and as a ball carrier, but his real value is as Kuhns backup.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
SE500

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only totally feasable but I would be super happy if this is how it went down. I don't know about drafting two receivers and two LB's while drafting zero DB's, but could happen. I don't think we have much need at MLB and I do see need for the right safety to come in and provide competition and depth. But, can't cherry pick position all through the draft either. One of the better mocks out there in realism and fit.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:
Not only totally feasable but I would be super happy if this is how it went down. I don't know about drafting two receivers and two LB's while drafting zero DB's, but could happen. I don't think we have much need at MLB and I do see need for the right safety to come in and provide competition and depth. But, can't cherry pick position all through the draft either. One of the better mocks out there in realism and fit.

Well, here was my thought:
~TT never addresses all the positions of need.
~TT seems to value WR and addresses that position over and over (and usually takes two WRs in the draft.
~I think Jerron McMillian is gonna be a winner, and guessing from comments made by TT and MM I think the coaching staff is high on him too.
~We are loaded at ILB, but we need a person to fill in Hawk's role as the "FB of the defense" and yet has the wheels to play against mobile position. Bishop, Smith and Jones are all the same MLB, not great at taking on blockers.

Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopkins is in some hot water right now, if what came out today is true, he's not going in round 1...

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Hopkins is in some hot water right now, if what came out today is true, he's not going in round 1...

What came out? I honestly don't know.

EDIT: A trashed hotel room? That seems like something not worth getting worked up about.

Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:

EDIT: A trashed hotel room? That seems like something not worth getting worked up about.

If it was just a trashed hotel room from like a party, I'd agree with you. There was food all over the beds, feces all over the bathroom and walls and toothpaste smeared on the mirrors. That means it was 100% deliberate, and whoever did it was not 100% right in the head. I like Nuke a lot, so I don't want to say I'm positive it was him, but someone had to do it and there were only two people in the room.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:

If it was just a trashed hotel room from like a party, I'd agree with you. There was food all over the beds, feces all over the bathroom and walls and toothpaste smeared on the mirrors. That means it was 100% deliberate, and whoever did it was not 100% right in the head. I like Nuke a lot, so I don't want to say I'm positive it was him, but someone had to do it and there were only two people in the room.

Meh, the thing that had teams warming up too him is his intangibles. I dunno I wouldn't make too big of a deal about it. Besides, whose to day it wasn't his roomie. Or that Nukie did some of the more innocent things and his roomie did the other part?

In the grand scheme of things, this isn't that big of a deal.

Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:

Meh, the thing that had teams warming up too him is his intangibles. I dunno I wouldn't make too big of a deal about it. Besides, whose to day it wasn't his roomie. Or that Nukie did some of the more innocent things and his roomie did the other part?

In the grand scheme of things, this isn't that big of a deal.

It came out first that NFL people don't believe Mark Harrison from Rutgers was involved, that was his roommate. They know what his schedule would've been and what-not so they would have the better idea. LIS if this room was trashed by a party it would be a non-story, but whoever trashed the room like this is not right in the head.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to say that if his bed was as small as mine I UNDERSTAND!

Also, dead issue in my opinion. Kids both said they didn't do it and I can't see any way to prove they have been untruthful before draft day. I'm sure they are both scared out of their minds right now about it. Lesson learned if ya ask me.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

Also, dead issue in my opinion. Kids both said they didn't do it and I can't see any way to prove the are untruthful before draft day. I'm sure they are both scared out of their minds right now about it. Lesson learned if ya ask me.

I want to believe both of them, but obviously someone did it. The only thing that scares me is the nature of the damage, that's just not something someone who's all there in the head would think of doing, you know?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Also, dead issue in my opinion. Kids both said they didn't do it and I can't see any way to prove the are untruthful before draft day. I'm sure they are both scared out of their minds right now about it. Lesson learned if ya ask me.

I want to believe both of them, but obviously someone did it. The only thing that scares me is the nature of the damage, that's just not something someone who's all there in the head would think of doing, you know?

Fair enough. I'm just not willing to pass on a good football player because of what MIGHT have happened in that room. It's a tough one, sure. I'll just give the benefit of the doubt on this one and feel with the things I know or think I know. More times than not I only drop character red when I feel it's something that could cost them games in the NFL. Not the case here IMO.

Last edited by palmy50 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

The only thing that concerns me is the feces. The rest of it I can chalk up to immaturity.

Just because it was a player's room does not mean he did it. What if there was a party? What if he invited a teammate in and he did it. What if someone had it in for him and tried to take him down? There are thousands of possibilities. Lemme ask you this, if someone else smeared feces on your hotel bathroom walls, would you clean it up? I wouldn't. I think this is being made way too big of a deal. As long as the other intangibles are high, I think he will be a Packer.

Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

The only thing that concerns me is the feces. The rest of it I can chalk up to immaturity.

Just because it was a player's room does not mean he did it. What if there was a party? What if he invited a teammate in and he did it. What if someone had it in for him and tried to take him down? There are thousands of possibilities. Lemme ask you this, if someone else smeared feces on your hotel bathroom walls, would you clean it up? I wouldn't. I think this is being made way too big of a deal. As long as the other intangibles are high, I think he will be a Packer.

I see it coming down to Hopkins and Allen at WR on the board, I just see the Packers leaning Allen in that regard. More versatile and better after the catch, Hopkins reminds me of James Jones a little bit. Not a bad thing by any means, but we already have a very good one in that mold!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, Dain. Just no way I could kill that kid over that one at this point in the process. Not like there is a history here either. LIS, more than willing to give the benefit of the doubt with this one.
Madtown

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both those guys, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Woods if TT goes WR in round 1. He just fits this offense so damned well.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: