Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DE/DT #26 FOR PACK !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3306
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
What are the odds that Carradine falls to 26? Do you think the injury concerns will spook teams?


He's got a pro day on Saturday, ask again after that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4780
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
What are the odds that Carradine falls to 26? Do you think the injury concerns will spook teams?


He's got a pro day on Saturday, ask again after that.


Pro days are more of a formality than anything. He won't shoot up draft boards and I doubt he'll fly down them. Even if his injury checks out and he's cleared and making good progress, I doubt it's any different than what the GMs and scouts already know.
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Shish wrote:
Hyde just lost his cutlerginity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PossibleCabbage


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 3306
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
What are the odds that Carradine falls to 26? Do you think the injury concerns will spook teams?


He's got a pro day on Saturday, ask again after that.


Pro days are more of a formality than anything. He won't shoot up draft boards and I doubt he'll fly down them. Even if his injury checks out and he's cleared and making good progress, I doubt it's any different than what the GMs and scouts already know.


For a guy who's coming off an ACL in November, seeing him run and work out before the draft is going to be pretty important.

Most Pro days are a formality, I don't think this one is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4780
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
What are the odds that Carradine falls to 26? Do you think the injury concerns will spook teams?


He's got a pro day on Saturday, ask again after that.


Pro days are more of a formality than anything. He won't shoot up draft boards and I doubt he'll fly down them. Even if his injury checks out and he's cleared and making good progress, I doubt it's any different than what the GMs and scouts already know.


For a guy who's coming off an ACL in November, seeing him run and work out before the draft is going to be pretty important.

Most Pro days are a formality, I don't think this one is.


So he didn't run at the combine? Didn't notice that. Oops.

Has he been called in for private workouts yet?
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Shish wrote:
Hyde just lost his cutlerginity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
persiandud


Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 1066
Location: Davis, CA
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would anyone else love to see Tank on this team? I'm in that boat.

The inability to provide much in run support is an issue, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10631
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Worthy will be back for TC. Certain writers heard the word "ACL" and jumped to the conclusion of a full ACL tear and repair. It wasn't that serious of an injury.


Did anyone ever see definitive proof of this? Everything I have ever read has made it sound like it was a serious injury. I haven't read anywhere that he would be back in time for training camp.


Everything you have read sources Bob McGinn (who LOVES to write doom and gloom articles) who's only "source" is a tweet, I believe from Adam Schefter that only uses the phrase "ACL surgery". Everything is based off of just those two pieces of info and assumption. From radio interviews with the players including Worthy himself, yes it was an ACL injury. Yes it required surgery. It wasn't a fully blown ACL with complete reconstructive surgery. It was a minor surgery that some people have done mid season and still come back that year from.

Find me something that has any more basis to assume he WON'T be there than anything using McGinn or Schefter as their basis for information. You won't because the Packers avoid discussing anything like this unless they absolutely have to. There is no more info to support expecting him to spend part of the season on the PUP either.

Quote:
First day back on the job tomorrow. Can't wait to get back to work.


That quote is from Worthy's twitter. To me that doesn't sound like a guy who is deep in rehab and thinks it might be a while before he can play. It sounds like a guy who thinks he can participate on some level. If he's even a partial participant now, why would you expect him to miss all of camp, and maybe part of the season?
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 32008
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two 3-4 DE on my big board a few spots before 26:

Margus Hunt
Malliciah Goodman

Tank, Star, Sheldon, and Sharrif are all in my top 7, and nobody else is in the top 45.

Both the guys listed have length and upside, which I want on our front if we go with a DE in the 1st.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deathstar


Joined: 06 Jun 2012
Posts: 746
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Williams is not in your top 45? Or not listed as a DE?

Spill - you cannot find any proof either way. The guy had ACL surgery performed by James Andrews. It was serious enough to go to the top knee guy. I also have yet to hear of a minor ACL injury. It's best to assume he is out until at least training camp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 32008
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Williams as a NT and not in the top 45.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10631
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathstar wrote:
Spill - you cannot find any proof either way. The guy had ACL surgery performed by James Andrews. It was serious enough to go to the top knee guy. I also have yet to hear of a minor ACL injury. It's best to assume he is out until at least training camp.


There are plenty of relatively minor ACL injuries every year, and anyone who can is going to Dr Andrews these days. A minor ACL injury is still fairly serious, but there are plenty of players who have a minor procedure and miss 4-6 weeks before they are back on the field. From everything I've heard, from people with actual knowledge of the situation, this is the sort of knee injury Worthy had. And yes, I wouldn't count on him RIGHT NOW, but fact is I see no reason to assume he's going to spend part of the season on the PUP. He'll be at least limited participation fairly early in training camp. Anyone who is saying Worthy is doubtful FOR THE REGULAR SEASON, is basing it completely off McGinn's article.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deathstar


Joined: 06 Jun 2012
Posts: 746
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to belabor the point, but it would be nice to see a link to a source.

And incog, I have no idea how you can have Star in the top 7 and Williams out of your top 45. Going off of a much smarter football mind than mine- Greg Cosell- they don't have much different tape.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 32008
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathstar wrote:
I don't want to belabor the point, but it would be nice to see a link to a source.

And incog, I have no idea how you can have Star in the top 7 and Williams out of your top 45. Going off of a much smarter football mind than mine- Greg Cosell- they don't have much different tape.


Yeah, well I disagree with Greg big time then.

Star is a ton more productive looks worlds better 'on tape' that i've seen. It's not even close.

Williams offers essentially nothing in the pass-rush. He's like a younger Ryan Pickett in that regard. Limited upside, 2-down player. Not gonna crack my top 50.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deathstar


Joined: 06 Jun 2012
Posts: 746
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I lean towards Williams. It's hard to imagine a 6'3" 325 lbs. guy who moves so well and plays with so much effort being unsuccessful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 32008
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathstar wrote:
I guess I lean towards Williams. It's hard to imagine a 6'3" 325 lbs. guy who moves so well and plays with so much effort being unsuccessful.


He'll probably be a solid run-defender, yes.

But that's not where I want to spend premium picks with our current roster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10631
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathstar wrote:
I don't want to belabor the point, but it would be nice to see a link to a source.


Sorry, it was voice stuff. Not internet stuff. I don't have a link. 107.5 FM, Green Bay, the Josh Sitton Show.

McCarthy was asked about it during his season ending press conference. He brushed off the question with a quick statement like "we expect him to be ready" or "he'll be ready to contribute next year". Fact is, the Packers don't talk about injuries unless they absolutely have to. You never hear much about what's going on with an offseason rehab unless it's directly from the player.

There is no link to the other side of it either. Everyone who is projecting Worthy to miss all of TC and start the season on the PUP is basing it off McGinn's article which is pure speculation based on the assumption that it's a completely blown ACL and full reconstructive surgery. There is just as much to support that article as anything I say about the matter. McGinn likes to write bad news articles. It generates him alot of traffic and alot of comments from local Packer fans. Last year he did one in the preseason I believe, about how the Packers weren't really contenders in 2012. Yes they got beat, but also had a horrific rash of defensive injuries, and were in play for the #2 seed week 17. Every report that says Worthy had a full ACL repair and might miss all of TC/part of the season is based on that 1 McGinn article and it was the kind of sloppy journalism that his becoming the norm nowadays. He used Schefters tweet and then just painted a worst case scenario based on that.

I don't have a twitter account, someone that follows Worthy, try asking him directly. Maybe you'll get an answer, but there is no more backing to suggest he's going to miss most of TC or possibly be put on the PUP list than there is to assume everything is going to be OK, based on any real information that you can find on the web.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group