Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DE/DT #26 FOR PACK !!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmikep

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: DE/DT #26 FOR PACK !! Reply with quote

I believe the Packers will draft a DE at 26. If one of these players (Datone Jones, Jesse Williams or Cornellius Carrandine) are still on the board when it is time to make our selection, one will be playing in Green Bay.
YOUR THOUGHTS
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: DE/DT #26 FOR PACK !! Reply with quote

pmikep wrote:
I believe the Packers will draft a DE at 26. If one of these players (Datone Jones, Jesse Williams or Cornellius Carrandine) are still on the board when it is time to make our selection, one will be playing in Green Bay.
YOUR THOUGHTS
Carradine would be more of a OLB than a 5tech, no?
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: DE/DT #26 FOR PACK !! Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
pmikep wrote:
YOUR THOUGHTS
Carradine would be more of a OLB than a 5tech, no?

Yes, yes he would

XBL: ShiiNyIV
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would come down to what you want to do with them. By far the most field reps to be had for Williams though. Packers have two good young players in Neal/Daniels in terms of what Jones would bring ya in fit. Tank would clearly be a rush-LB in fit as well. Think he could be one hell of a LOLB in this Capers system though. Like him more than I did Perry last year, though Perry had a little higher board slot.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the guys drafted last year that should take a step into year 2, with Perry, Worthy, and Daniels, I can't really see DE/OLB at 26 being a priority. I'm sure the board could fall that way, but I also don't think that would be something that they are really HOPING for.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pollino14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
With the guys drafted last year that should take a step into year 2, with Perry, Worthy, and Daniels, I can't really see DE/OLB at 26 being a priority. I'm sure the board could fall that way, but I also don't think that would be something that they are really HOPING for.

Because Perry is an OLB, Worthy is hurt and Daniels is anything but special...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Because Perry is an OLB, Worthy is hurt and Daniels is anything but special...

Worthy out likely until mid-year and don't forget next year Mike Neal is an UFA or RFA, Ryan Pickett is UFA, CJ Wilson (I believe) is an UFA. There are many reasons why the Packers need quality DL. Now back tot eh subject, I think Jesse Williams is a Green Bay type of DE/NT that TT would be very interested in.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strong thread

who do you believe our 6th rounder will be pmikep?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worthy will be back for TC. Certain writers heard the word "ACL" and jumped to the conclusion of a full ACL tear and repair. It wasn't that serious of an injury.

Daniels looked like a solid rotational guy as a rookie, and especially out of a DL, you aren't going to get anywhere close to maximum return on your investment year 1. Mike Neal and CJ Wilson might be approaching FA, but they aren't going to be expensive to resign. On the other side of that FA cliff, you have Jermichael Finley and James Jones as FAs after this season and Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb FAs after next. The guys for DE/OLB are already in the pipeline. The guys for WR/TE aren't.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Kuhn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I would have agreed that it was a forgone conclusion that we would draft the top DE/DT on the board at #26, I am starting to rethink it.

This draft is soooooo deep at the DE/DT positions and targeting a one high is I'm sure a high priority for quality organizations like the Packers, Patriots, Steelers, 49ers ect. They have proven time and time again that targeting deep positions in the draft = successful drafting.

Every year is the same, though. A "surprise" player drops and draftniks everywhere are baffled they didnt see it coming sooner. QB's are drafted too high and this year wont be any different despite the "lack" of talent at the top. The reverse is true of the Guard positions. Warmack and Cooper are elite blue-chip prospects, but they won't go top 10. Probably not even top 15. Decastro in a "top heavy" draft last year fell to 24. Why? Because teams can't justify using their first selection on a guard until later in the first.

Some prospect will "inexplicably" fall to 26, be it Cooper, Patterson, Vaccaro maybe Richardson. Whoever it may be, I expect the Packers to jump on a falling prospect like they do every year. They can afford to wait until 55 to take a DE/DT if they dont take one in the 1st. One of John Jenkins, Jonathan Hankins, or Kawann Short should still be on the board for the Packers to take.
Madtown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Tank and Williams as my two top picks in my Pick 'em-esque mock draft. Tank would create a hell of a pass rush rotation and free up Clay to cause havoc all over the field. Williams would really solidify the entire line. He can hold down the interior and really set the edge at DE in base.

I honestly like Tank more, but I also think we may be able to find a better pass rusher that DL later in the draft than, so I might go Williams. But I'd be happy either way.
Madtown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kuhn wrote:
While I would have agreed that it was a forgone conclusion that we would draft the top DE/DT on the board at #26, I am starting to rethink it.

This draft is soooooo deep at the DE/DT positions and targeting a one high is I'm sure a high priority for quality organizations like the Packers, Patriots, Steelers, 49ers ect. They have proven time and time again that targeting deep positions in the draft = successful drafting.

Every year is the same, though. A "surprise" player drops and draftniks everywhere are baffled they didnt see it coming sooner. QB's are drafted too high and this year wont be any different despite the "lack" of talent at the top. The reverse is true of the Guard positions. Warmack and Cooper are elite blue-chip prospects, but they won't go top 10. Probably not even top 15. Decastro in a "top heavy" draft last year fell to 24. Why? Because teams can't justify using their first selection on a guard until later in the first.

Some prospect will "inexplicably" fall to 26, be it Cooper, Patterson, Vaccaro maybe Richardson. Whoever it may be, I expect the Packers to jump on a falling prospect like they do every year. They can afford to wait until 55 to take a DE/DT if they dont take one in the 1st. One of John Jenkins, Jonathan Hankins, or Kawann Short should still be on the board for the Packers to take.

I agree with this. We really should be able to get someone at 26 that's much higher than #26 on our board. Usually that happens. It happened with Rodgers and Bulaga for sure. I'm pretty sure it was about the correct value with Sherrod.
deathstar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obligatory post asking for links to confirm Spilltrays assertion re: Worthy.

2012 Adopt-a-Packer: Mike Daniels, #76. Career stats: 35 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 1 TD.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Worthy will be back for TC. Certain writers heard the word "ACL" and jumped to the conclusion of a full ACL tear and repair. It wasn't that serious of an injury.

Did anyone ever see definitive proof of this? Everything I have ever read has made it sound like it was a serious injury. I haven't read anywhere that he would be back in time for training camp.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the odds that Carradine falls to 26? Do you think the injury concerns will spook teams?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: