Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Schedule to be released Thursday at 8 PM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many Prime Time games will the Redskins have?
1-2
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
7+
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Really surprised we're not playing Denver in a prime time game.

I think it's because the Broncos already have prime time games in:
Week 1 - v Baltimore Ravens [Thursday Night; season kickoff game]
Week 3 - v Oakland [MNF]
Week 7 - @ Indianapolis [SNF; Manning returns to Indy]
Week 12 - @ New England [SNF; the next edition of Manning v Brady]
Week 15 - v San Diego [Thursday Night]

It would be hard to give Denver back to back prime time games. As it stands now, they're nice and spaced out throughout the season, which avoids a Peyton overload (ignoring the inevitable ad assault he'll lead).
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Week 3 - v Oakland [MNF]

It would be hard to give Denver back to back prime time games. As it stands now, they're nice and spaced out throughout the season, which avoids a Peyton overload (ignoring the inevitable ad assault he'll lead).

That makes sense to me. I'm not really sure why Denver/SD is primetime, though. It's not a "marquee" matchup to me. Then again, I have no opinion on how big their rivalry is. Maybe I'm misunderestimating (is that a word?) it.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Week 3 - v Oakland [MNF]

That makes sense to me. I'm not really sure why Denver/SD is primetime, though. It's not a "marquee" matchup to me. Then again, I have no opinion on how big their rivalry is. Maybe I'm misunderestimating (is that a word?) it.
it's one of the biggest rivalries in the NFL, it goes back to the Afl days of the 60s
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am im high. I could have sworn Raiders was coming here this year. WTF NFL. Wasnt when Campbell beat us in Oakland. That was the last time we played right in 2009. I thought they switch. That would make it a 8 year wait for my team to come to town. Freaking NFL. That aint right.
Woz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Week 3 - v Oakland [MNF]

it's one of the biggest rivalries in the NFL, it goes back to the Afl days of the 60s

What turtle said. It's also a Thursday night game in week 12, so while it's a "prime time" game, it's really not. Only Thursday prime time games that are truly prime time are the season kick off game and Thanksgiving night.

Kind of surprised that the NFL scheduled the Oakland-Dallas game for 4:30 on Thanksgiving. The Green Bay-Detroit game seems more interesting to me. Of course, the Baltimore-Pittsburgh game is a perfect night cap.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Am im high. I could have sworn Raiders was coming here this year. WTF NFL. Wasnt when Campbell beat us in Oakland. That was the last time we played right in 2009. I thought they switch. That would make it a 8 year wait for my team to come to town. Freaking NFL. That aint right.
yeah. Wasn't the last time the Raiders came to DC like in 05 or 06? I think they had Kerry Collins and Jerry Porter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Week 3 - v Oakland [MNF]

What turtle said. It's also a Thursday night game in week 12, so while it's a "prime time" game, it's really not. Only Thursday prime time games that are truly prime time are the season kick off game and Thanksgiving night.

Kind of surprised that the NFL scheduled the Oakland-Dallas game for 4:30 on Thanksgiving. The Green Bay-Detroit game seems more interesting to me. Of course, the Baltimore-Pittsburgh game is a perfect night cap.
Detroit always plays first on Thanksgiving Day, Dallas always plays at 4:30.
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Week 3 - v Oakland [MNF]

I thought that was always because Detroit stunk ... huh. Or maybe it's been so long since they were halfway decent that it's now become "tradition."
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
yeah. Wasn't the last time the Raiders came to DC like in 05 or 06? I think they had Kerry Collins and Jerry Porter.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009121311/2009/REG14/redskins@raiders#menu=highlights&tab=recap

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2005112007/2005/REG11/raiders@redskins#tab=recap

Strange.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Week 3 - v Oakland [MNF]

I thought that was always because Detroit stunk ... huh. Or maybe it's been so long since they were halfway decent that it's now become "tradition."
When was the last time Dallas was halfway decent?

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

Dallas has made the playoffs more than once in the last decade and won a division crown since modern free agency began. These are two statements the Lions cannot make.

In fact, since the NFL went to a sixteen game season in 1978, the Detroit Lions have won ten games in a season four times (twelve wins in 1991, and ten wins in 1993, 1995, and 2011). Nine wins? Five times (1980, 1983, 1994, 1997, and 2000). At least 0.500? Twice (1981, 1999). Eleven seasons in 35 years of 0.500 or better football. That includes the 1982 strike shortened season when they went 4-5 but the made playoffs (it was an eight team bracket format).

Lions fans, here's to you and your fortitude! I mean that with all sincerity.

That said, I don't know why you deserve a Thursday home game on Thanksgiving every year.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009121311/2009/REG14/redskins@raiders#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Strange.
whats strange?
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Dallas has made the playoffs more than once in the last decade and won a division crown since modern free agency began. These are two statements the Lions cannot make.

In fact, since the NFL went to a sixteen game season in 1978, the Detroit Lions have won ten games in a season four times (twelve wins in 1991, and ten wins in 1993, 1995, and 2011). Nine wins? Five times (1980, 1983, 1994, 1997, and 2000). At least 0.500? Twice (1981, 1999). Eleven seasons in 35 years of 0.500 or better football. That includes the 1982 strike shortened season when they went 4-5 but the made playoffs (it was an eight team bracket format).

Lions fans, here's to you and your fortitude! I mean that with all sincerity.

That said, I don't know why you deserve a Thursday home game on Thanksgiving every year.
Did you just defend Dallas? I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Strange.
whats strange?

We should be coming there this year. Its suppose to go every other one. There is quite a few Raiders fans that are upset about this in this area.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Strange.
whats strange?

We should be coming there this year. Its suppose to go every other one. There is quite a few Raiders fans that are upset about this in this area.
yeah. Oh well, shoulda been B & G fans. Jk, Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: