Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No love for Eifert?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
The Steelers have Eifert ranked above Hopkins, and they paid someone to poop in Hopkins hotel room floor so we can draft Eifert in the 1st and Nuk in the 2nd.

Trust me, my Uncle's bowling partner is buddies with Colbert.

Ohhh yeah, well my Uncle's sister's nephew's brother's aunt's grandson's friend's cousin is Colbert's nephew!!

isn't that considered incest?

Gatoradus, thx for the clarification.

and proud of it!!

so now it all starts to make sense, at23...I knew there was something off about you, and now I see why... Razz

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
kethnaab

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just rewatched several Notre Dame games.

I'm 100% fine with Eifert in the 1st round. Every game he goes up against the other team's top CB most of the time when he lines up wide and he still produces. He drew Dee Milliner most of the time and despite having a completely incompetent QB and an overmatched offensive line, he had a really good game.

Great hands and solid blocking both inline and on the move.

I'm all in. If we can't get Nuk, I'm fine with Eifert @ 1.17.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree Sarge...not on a Gronk Graham level but I see him in the next tier.

Like I mentioned in the OP...fits their style...fill out the roster for next year..Miller will be 32 lookin for C3...great replacement in an offense that emphasizes the TE.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Eifert but he would be one of those guys that I would be so-so with being drafted in the first round. I wouldn't hate it but I wouldn't be ecstatic about it either. It would probably depend on who was available at the time but I would rather have them target someone else in the first instead. I might like it more if they would trade down in the first and then got him. I do think he will be a solid TE in the league.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
The Curtain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If TE is the best available player, I think the argument could be made to take him. TE can be a seriously valuable position in today's NFL.

But the thing is, I personally feel the best about our offensive line going into a new season, than I have in years. I feel like we have a talented and potentially great group, combined with a new scheme and coach, we could have the running game back in '13. So with that feeling, I think we can get by with marginal talent at the TE position (and WR, as well). TE's are going to kill you if you can run the ball, and Haley's offense seems to really know how to maximize a TE. If it comes down to David Paulson and ???? at the position, I think we can survive just fine.

I think we need a defensive difference maker more than ANYTHING in this draft.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kethnaab said.

As I have mentioned frequently, Eifert isn't my favorite and I don't like drafting a tight end in any draft class but we are talking about this draft class. Eifert is one of few that's almost sure-fire as a pick, level of certain.

I do think we still can trade down and if we do, Eifert will be a solid pick. Not sexy, just solid. He does have speed, size, IQ, and athleticism that we all will be reminded of last time we had somebody this big, athletic... Plaxico. A redzone factor.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
lol you guys crack me up. I have responded back, 43M. I already have explained in other thread. I'm not a guy who is afraid to share what I have heard even if some of it already happened and remain interesting. If you guys prefer, I'll keep everything to myself. I may have made it sound like IT IS what it is but to clarify this much more;

I do have few weak connections but most of the time I just record and state what I know/hear but would never to this day claim I'm right or wrong until it happens. I'm not a guy who is afraid to admit I'm wrong or way off, but also I'm not a guy who's shy about making bold statements. That's just me, I'm an individualistic just like you, 43M and other posters.

No beef here.

Gimme a break dude.

No one is saying you have to keep everything to yourself, but there is a difference between making BOLD statements and making DEFINITIVE ones.

And the reason Im giving you crap for saying that is because, as Ive said, you arent the first person to act like theyve had an inside source, and most people who do are full if it.

Maybe you do have an inside source...I cant prove you dont...but if youre going to make bold claims, dont be shocked to see bold responses to those claims, especially when there is nothing to back up said claims.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And like I said before, I see the validity for doubts. I'm not really trying to start anything but I have seen people started calling me out and I simply responded. Also I'm not a guy afraid to say I'm wrong if my weak connections gave me wrong information.

Just that I now have no reason to keep my mouth shut because few information have been accurate so far, I'll just be much more clear on when making statements on whether its from what I heard or its a bold statement.

Fair enough? Man hug? Lol
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And like I said before, I see the validity for doubts. I'm not really trying to start anything but I have seen people started calling me out and I simply responded. Also I'm not a guy afraid to say I'm wrong if my weak connections gave me wrong information.

Just that I now have no reason to keep my mouth shut because few information have been accurate so far, I'll just be much more clear on when making statements on whether its from what I heard or its a bold statement.

Fair enough? Man hug? Lol
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't watched a lot ND games. Can he block as "well" as Miller?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where heath is much more consistent, eifert flashed the ability to block but he's more kemo-like aggressive when blocking downfield which will either benefit us or hurt us much more. As for inline blocker he does have the strength to block but seem to hesitate more than he should, if anything its more of his technique and patience that he need work on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: