Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No love for Eifert?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: No love for Eifert? Reply with quote

I've seen a lot of people on here discussing different players at 17 and when Eifert is mentioned...it's generally negative.

I ask...why?

Is the guy Gronk or Graham? No...but do I think he has the potential to be a big difference maker at position that the current offense emphasizes?

Absolutely...long lean athletic, get the ball at its highest point, great hands and better then given credit for as a blocker.

Huge matchup problem...Miller will be 32 lookin at C3$ after this season...it makes sense to consider him.

I mentioned a few weeks ago he was my dark horse pick for the Steelers in the 1st.

What you guys think?

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all about him. I just did a mock with the steelers taking him
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft has some talent at TE... we're wasting a first on one when we have much bigger needs?
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
This draft has some talent at TE... we're wasting a first on one when we have much bigger needs?

What position realistically doesn't have talent? OLB, Safety, WR, ILB are all deep and the Steelers need just about every one of those position. In no particular order.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Eifert too especially if we can trade down into the 20's to gain an extra pick or two the select him. Really you can line him up on the inside where he's too athletic for most LB or widen him out were hes too tall for corners.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because while yes I get the concern about Heath Miller, I think Heath will ultimately be fine.

We have a MAJOR NEED at OLB, WR, & RB. As well as a need for at least one safety. In addition to that we could use offensive line depth and defensive line depth. In addition to that we need an ILB for a future beyond Larry Foote.

Honestly I'd be livid if we drafted Eifert in the 1st round with all of the other needs we have. If we DID draft him, he better be the next Jimmy Graham meets Calvin Johnson.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

What position realistically doesn't have talent? OLB, Safety, WR, ILB are all deep and the Steelers need just about every one of those position. In no particular order.

To be honest, I'm not sure that the level of potential success is really there for guys at OLB. There is only a handful of guys I even like for the position, that included DE converts. I also think that Safety has a significant drop off from what is concerned the top tier in this draft. WR, no doubt, is easily the deepest position in this draft, we could come away with one or two guys out of several and i'd be alright with it.

ILB has a lot of potential I just don't know if it truly has a lot of potential starters.
steelers43

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, this year SUCKS to be picking at 17. Jones scares me with what I have been reading about him and I really think Steelers will give Worilds every chance to succeed at replacing Harrison. I don't like any on the WR at 17, thoughts of Edwards keep popping into my head and lets be honest Plex and Holmes were slightly better then average. Heck, the safest pick might be to just go for one of the big NT. I am HOPING that SOMEONE FALLS and WE FIND A TRADING PARTNER so we can trade down

" The dead know only one thing... It's better to be ALIVE"

"Your Coach is a Cheater, Your Super Bowls are lies, you back-up at Michigan"(Tom Brady) stated by Tosh O
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelers43 wrote:
In my opinion, this year SUCKS to be picking at 17. Jones scares me with what I have been reading about him and I really think Steelers will give Worilds every chance to succeed at replacing Harrison. I don't like any on the WR at 17, thoughts of Edwards keep popping into my head and lets be honest Plex and Holmes were slightly better then average. Heck, the safest pick might be to just go for one of the big NT. I am HOPING that SOMEONE FALLS and WE FIND A TRADING PARTNER so we can trade down

I hate basically any of the distinct possibilities we have at 17. If someone 'elite' falls, that's great, otherwise, I really hope we trade back. I do think there'll be someone willing. If we could trade back and get an extra couple picks, that'd be awesome. The closer it gets to the draft the more I'm expecting it to happen.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Because while yes I get the concern about Heath Miller, I think Heath will ultimately be fine.

We have a MAJOR NEED at OLB, WR, & RB. As well as a need for at least one safety. In addition to that we could use offensive line depth and defensive line depth. In addition to that we need an ILB for a future beyond Larry Foote.

Honestly I'd be livid if we drafted Eifert in the 1st round with all of the other needs we have. If we DID draft him, he better be the next Jimmy Graham meets Calvin Johnson.
you think?

Lets have a look here:

Rb- Dwyer, Redman & Batch
OLB- Woodley, Worilds, Carter, Robinson
Wr- Brown, Sanders, Burress, Cotchery, Gilreath, Moye
ILB- foote, Timmons, Spence, Rolle, Stevenson, McFadden,

Umm TE:

Miller (likely to be on PUP), Spaeth, Paulson, Johnson

TE is as much a ? As any other spot on this roster.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because there is absolutely nothing special about Eifert. He is not a cant miss talent or a TE talent that cant be found in every draft.

If I am drafting a TE in the top 20, it better be an elite prospect. Eifter IMO is no where close to an elite prospect.

Dont get me wrong, I think he will be GOOD in the NFL, but not great.

Trade down to the very late first or early 2nd and I could live with it.

At 17, I hate it.
Dracula58

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

you think?

Lets have a look here:

Rb- Dwyer, Redman & Batch
OLB- Woodley, Worilds, Carter, Robinson
Wr- Brown, Sanders, Burress, Cotchery, Gilreath, Moye
ILB- foote, Timmons, Spence, Rolle, Stevenson, McFadden,

Umm TE:

Miller (likely to be on PUP), Spaeth, Paulson, Johnson

TE is as much a ? As any other spot on this roster.

This... There is no guarantee with Miller at all and IMO Eifert or Ertz will make a bigger impact as a pass catching TE. I like Miller but I have no issue if we move on. Our OL needs to be better as a unit so we can send guys out like Eifert/Miller/Paulson on a consistant basis to make plays.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except they already under utilize Heath Miller. So what reason is there to expect anything different of a rookie? I'd rather address one of our major needs than drelaft a guy our offense will rarely throw to.

And please tell me you didn't just list Gilreath, Redman, and Dwyer as bright spots.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Turtle. I can respect 43's opinion that it's the player, not the position. But to tell me the TE is better off with an injured 30 year old with Paulson and Spaeth than a group with Antonio Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery is nonsense. AND the RB position and WR are deep in this class where you can get guys in the 2nd-4th rounds who could be starters day 1.

@WW: How can you say he's underutilized under Haley's system?? He had a career year until he got a serious injury. Also, do you really have more faith in Paulson and Spaeth than Redman and Dwyer.

catches: 71
yards: 816
average per catch: 11.5
TD's: 8
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Except they already under utilize Heath Miller. So what reason is there to expect anything different of a rookie? I'd rather address one of our major needs than drelaft a guy our offense will rarely throw to.

And please tell me you didn't just list Gilreath, Redman, and Dwyer as bright spots.

Well, they used him well last season. They underutilized him under Arians, but in Haley's offense he had a major role.

Still, I dont want Eifert at 17. I think this entire draft class is extremely overrated and alot of these players values are overrated because of how weak it is...much like the QB class. Last year, Geno Smith likely wouldve been a 2nd round QB. This year, he is a top 10 pick.

Eifert most years would be a mid to late 2nd, and this year he is top 25-30.

Just my feeling on him, but I just dont like him as a top 20 pick when we have tons of needs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: