Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

34 or 43?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: 34 or 43? Reply with quote

I just read the Bills are planning a switch to a 34. Is this true? If so what do you do with Mario? Doesn't that make Mark Anderson expendible? Who mans the OLB spots? Manny Lawson fits, what about ROLB? Do you move Scott back to safety?

Questions abound.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going to be running a hybrid defense ... Multiple looks in the 3-4 and 4-3.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills will run multiple looks 4-3 and 3-4 this is what the starting lineup would look like at each scheme right now

3-4 Dareus DE Branch NT K Williams DE
with Carrington and troupe as back ups
Mario OLB Sheppard ILB Moats ILB Anderson OLB
With Bradham Lawson Downit Scott
CB Leodis and Gilmore
S Searcy/A Williams and Byrd

4-3 Mario DE Dareus DT K Williams DT Anderson DE
Bradham WLB Sheppard MLB and Lawson SLB
Leodis and Gilmore CB
Searcy/a Williams SS and Byrd FS

Buffalo rumblings put an article explaining the hybrid

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/4/16/4230340/buffalo-bills-hybrid-defense-explaining-substitutions-alignments

Thanks Max
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now - before the draft I would want the 4-3 and 3-4 to look like this.

3-4

Dareus - Branch - K. Williams
M. Williams - Sheppard - Bradham - Anderson/Lawson
McKelvin - Byrd - A. Williams - Gimore

4-3

M. Williams - Dareus - K. Williams - M. Anderson
Bradham - Sheppard - Lawson
McKelvin - Byrd - A. Williams - Gilmore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nix said they expect Bradham to be a 3 down OLB so I don't think he will be moving inside. Moats is said to be moving inside. Nix also said that an open competition at ss with searcy and Williams so no answer as to who will start there.

Thanks Max
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Nix said they expect Bradham to be a 3 down OLB so I don't think he will be moving inside. Moats is said to be moving inside. Nix also said that an open competition at ss with searcy and Williams so no answer as to who will start there.
I dont know how much I trust Moats at ILB. He is a football player, but he hasnt have a set position since he got into the league. He's been moved from ILB to OLB to DE.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I am assuming the bills will be going for inside linebacker at some point in the draft. I wouldn't mind a team like niners trade with bills and they get 31, 34 and other picks and with one of those 2 they take a guy like olgetree or minter to pair up next to sheppard

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur Moats will be cut during camp.

The depth chart Tommy made looks very accurate as to what the Bills would have on the field. Before the draft obviously.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I don't see how calling Bradham a 3 down LB is indicative of where he will play. It just means he is good in coverage and should stay on the field on passing downs. I don't think he has the skill set to play OLB in a 34. As of right now I think he and Sheppard are penciled in as the starting ILBs. Nix also brought up Moats when discussing depth at the OLB spots.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dk they said Bradham will be a 3 down OLB which means outside linebacker they never said he will be a 3 down linebacker which means he could possibly be moved inside, stay outside or play both.

Thanks Max
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Dk they said Bradham will be a 3 down OLB which means outside linebacker they never said he will be a 3 down linebacker which means he could possibly be moved inside, stay outside or play both.
Where did they say that? At the draft luncheon Nix responded positively when asked if Bradham could fit as an ILB.

Quote:
Q: How do you feel about LB Nigel Bradham and if he could fit as an inside linebacker?

Buddy Nix: I think he is a great fit for what we are doing because he can fly. He can run. He is a guy that the closer he gets to the ball, the faster he gets. So he likes to play. He was an excellent special team’s guy. I would think that he will have a good year.

Q: Does he have a chance to play on third-downs?

Buddy Nix: Absolutely. That is my opinion. Coach’s may be different. Yeah, I think he can.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Transcript-Bills-Pre-Draft-Luncheon/eb2de99f-b3fb-4005-9301-4a68b419c8f3

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
PacAttack04

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone think Mario would play DE in the 3-4? He's physically exactly the type of player JJ Watt is if not more athletic. He could be used more like Watt than a LB. When he was with Houston, obvious Smith and Watt were there so they put him at OLB to get the best players on the field, but this would be a different case, put him at DE, Daerus at NT, and Williams at DE, Branch retaining a 1st lineman off the bench role. Then find a true OLB, someone who can cover and rush, unlike Williams whose more of a DE than LB
cdavls17

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a possibility Mario stated in an interview afte mini camp that he likes the new defense and pettine has placed him in multiple ares on different scheme. Right now anything can happen but I think he is more of a 3-4 OLB he was in Houston and had 5.5 sacks in the 5 games he played in before injury.

Thanks Max
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Its a possibility Mario stated in an interview afte mini camp that he likes the new defense and pettine has placed him in multiple ares on different scheme. Right now anything can happen but I think he is more of a 3-4 OLB he was in Houston and had 5.5 sacks in the 5 games he played in before injury.
I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on Wade Phillips' 34 scheme compared to Pettine's 34 scheme, but I know they are predicated on different philosophies. Phillips' scheme is predicated on putting the rush linebacker in a position where the offense cannot double team him and rush him nearly every snap. In that style of play, Mario Williams can play that role.

Pettine's scheme has been predicated on a versatile front 7 and disguise. Mario is not a guy you would want to drop into coverage on a regular basis. I honestly think we are going to see Mario moved all over the place in Pettine's scheme. I thnk we will see him at DE on 3 and 4 man lines, as well as 34 OLB.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Dark Angel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Anderson maybe the odd man out if they find someone in the draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: