Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players to trade up for in the 1st round
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if one of the very few elite tier players fell some. But this is a much better class to move back in than it is to move up in. Come draft day my heart might be telling me yes, but my mind would be telling me it's poor value.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Maybe if one of the very few elite tier players fell some. But this is a much better class to move back in than it is to move up in. Come draft day my heart might be telling me yes, but my mind would be telling me it's poor value.

Blak blah blah #SharrifFloydat11 #packers4lyfe #YOLOswag

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
blankman0021

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I don't think i'd give up more than a 1st and 2nd this year.

I would give up a 1st and 2nd to get the following guys (who might be around at 15 but unlikely):
Tavon Austin
Sheldon Richardson
Ziggy Ansah
Tank Carradine
Dion Jordan
Star Lotulelei

guys I would trade a 1st and 3rd to move up for a shot at:
Sharrif Floyd
Alec Ogletree
Xavier Rhodes
Cordarrelle Patterson

Just for reference, 1+2 moves us up to pick 15. 1+3 moves us up approx 6 spots in rd 1. Obviously we could move up higher if the team really wants to move down, or would have to give up more if they really don't want to move.

I think your lists are fairly accurate though.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
Depends on if they fall or not, but I would trade up for Star/Richardson/Floyd/Ansah if they fall past Tennessee. Joeckle and Fisher.................I really don't want to see us trade up for an OT. If we trade up it better be for a guy that will have a massive impact, not an offensive linemen where we have depth at the position. If Sherrod doesn't pan out, we're in deep ish...but I will take that risk and see what happens. We still have holes RIGHT NOW at Safety, RB, C and we will have future holes at DE, WR, TE. Burnett is a UFA after this year too, correct? So that would leave MD Jennings as the safety with the most experience on the roster.... Brick wall

Agreed, but I'd be putting OLB over RB in that hole category. I don't trust Micah Johnson and Dezman Mozes backing up Perry and CMIII. There will be a pass-rusher drafted at some point in this draft. Book it!

I too have massive concerns regarding the Safety position. We need players and we need a significant upgrade there. Unfortunately, there are very few players in this draft that could step in and be effective immediately. A lot of people are clamoring to trade up for a hurt and slow Kenny Vaccaro or they're pushing for an overrated Cyprien or Thomas.

News flash: None of our current Safeties run slower than a 4.48 40: 4.64 and 4.56 40 times don't cut it for this team...

We like speed, ball skills, and a high football IQ back there. That narrows the list down to Eric Reid, Shamarko Thomas, Earl Wolff, Duke Williams, Ray Polk, and maybe Matt Elam and Cody Davis.
persiandud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep hearing Ansah but IMO if you are trading up for a prospect you would want to make sure they are very safe prospects. Floyd, Star, Richardson, Joekel and Fisher are a good deal safer.
Jr911

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
I keep hearing Ansah but IMO if you are trading up for a prospect you would want to make sure they are very safe prospects. Floyd, Star, Richardson, Joekel and Fisher are a good deal safer.

just not sure if I buy into all the Floyd love...dude was barely considered to be a 1st round pick throughout most of the year and boom, he's a top 5 pick...just not sold. Believe he is decent value in the top half of the first, but nothing to trade up for...
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:

Not real sure there is a player in this defensive class that I would like to see in fit more so than Ansah. And yes, it's been said in league circles that the Packers love him. I can see why. Capers is a matchup guy and that kid is a matchup nightmare. Just think about all that could be done with Ansah's set in this system.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jr911 wrote:
persiandud wrote:

just not sure if I buy into all the Floyd love...dude was barely considered to be a 1st round pick throughout most of the year and boom, he's a top 5 pick...just not sold. Believe he is decent value in the top half of the first, but nothing to trade up for...

Yeah I gotcha. IMO he'll be a stud, but I can see where you're coming from. Star, Floyd, and the 2 LTs would be a little too rich for my blood, and we're assuming they somehow last past pick 10 or so before we trade our 1st and 2nd.

I think trading up for Vaccaro, Cooper, Richardson is more likely assuming they are still there past 20.
persiandud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
persiandud wrote:

Not real sure there is a player in this defensive class that I would like to see in fit more so than Ansah. And yes, it's been said in league circles that the Packers love him. I can see why. Capers is a matchup guy and that kid is a matchup nightmare. Just think about all that could be done with Ansah's set in this system.

I hear ya, and I believe he'll be an absolute stud if he lands with a team who knows how to develop him. But am I wrong in thinking the two LT's, Star/Floyd are a bit safer?

But make no mistake, I would salivate if this team were to get a player like him. Capers would play him everywhere on the line and get ultra creative. Ansah, Perry, and Predator coming after the QB? Just give us the Owl.
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
persiandud wrote:

I hear ya, and I believe he'll be an absolute stud if he lands with a team who knows how to develop him. But am I wrong in thinking the two LT's, Star/Floyd are a bit safer?

But make no mistake, I would salivate if this team were to get a player like him. Capers would play him everywhere on the line and get ultra creative. Ansah, Perry, and Predator coming after the QB? Just give us the Owl.

Clearly that would be the case with the LT's. High bust rate on DL no matter how high they go though. Even more so when they move into a unfamiliar defense front like Capers 30. Ansah is raw, but is every bit as safe as any DL in this class with system in hand.

That said, there is and always will be a premium on the bigs that can move.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it a bit more, I don't think I'd spend a 1st and a 2nd.

I'd spend at most a 1st and 3rd to get Vaccaro, Richardson, Cooper if they last past 20. I wouldn't mind trading up to get those guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: