Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players to trade up for in the 1st round
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan, Star, Floyd, maybe Richardson.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
Can almost not believe a thread like this exists. This is definitely not the kinda draft you want to give away picks from rounds 2-4 to get the "top end" talent. I really don't see the kinda difference between the prospects especially given that I don't think the Pack has the same depth we've had from 2010 and 2011 seasons.

It's my belief that the Pack could get 3-4 rookies that will make some positive impact out of this draft for this years squad. In 3 years the number could be 4-5 players that are either starters or have prominent roles. Trade picks and you look at only one guy worth while this year (maybe forcing young guys in bad situations) and 2-3 years from now being lucky if 2 guys were on the team.

With the Rodgers contract, Mathew's contract and many others, the only way to have a good team is to HAVE the picks to draft with and develop. We need the cheap rookie deals to stay competitive and force the kinda competition the roster needs to get better.

If the Pack traded up in this draft I'd be pretty disappointed. It's the kinda desperate move GM Sherman would do because he felt forced to do it.

This.

Are you guys serious?

On one hand, you abhor even the idea of signing a FA, on the other hand, you want to trade up for an unproven player in a weak draft, and pay him a bunch of money.

Good grief.

[quote="DainTrain28"](Reggie White's four year, $17 million deal was larceny).[/quote]

Clearly unaware that White got the largest contract for a defensive player in NFL history.
persiandud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a particularly good idea considering this draft isn't top heavy, but there are some scenarios I wouldn't mind trading up.

I would ideally like to spend no more than a 1st and a 3rd, so that we still retain the 2nd pick. Ted can work magic in the 2nd round, so I wouldn't feel good about giving that up. The only person I'd spend a 1st and a 2nd is...

Star. If he's there at 13, before Carolina, I wouldn't mind spending a first and a 2nd.

Other scenarios (ideally spending a 1st and a 3rd):

Vaccaro lasting past the Cowboys pick (1Cool.
Cooper falling in the 20s.
Richardson falling in the 20s.

That's about it. I still like the prospect of trading back into the second round and adding picks.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AaronCharles wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Can almost not believe a thread like this exists. This is definitely not the kinda draft you want to give away picks from rounds 2-4 to get the "top end" talent. I really don't see the kinda difference between the prospects especially given that I don't think the Pack has the same depth we've had from 2010 and 2011 seasons.

It's my belief that the Pack could get 3-4 rookies that will make some positive impact out of this draft for this years squad. In 3 years the number could be 4-5 players that are either starters or have prominent roles. Trade picks and you look at only one guy worth while this year (maybe forcing young guys in bad situations) and 2-3 years from now being lucky if 2 guys were on the team.

With the Rodgers contract, Mathew's contract and many others, the only way to have a good team is to HAVE the picks to draft with and develop. We need the cheap rookie deals to stay competitive and force the kinda competition the roster needs to get better.

If the Pack traded up in this draft I'd be pretty disappointed. It's the kinda desperate move GM Sherman would do because he felt forced to do it.

This.

Are you guys serious?

On one hand, you abhor even the idea of signing a FA, on the other hand, you want to trade up for an unproven player in a weak draft, and pay him a bunch of money.

Good grief.

You are telling me there isn't even 1 or 2 prospects you would want to move up for??

Don't think anyone listed more than 5. Anyone not listing Joeckel or Fischer are crazy.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
Ohio Cheesehead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson
Star
Floyd
Vaccaro

With that said Richardson is my JJ Watt. To explain that in 2011 JJ Watt was my guy. I told my wife Watt would be a FORCE at 3-4 DE. I was in LOVE with him as a prospect. He is the bar for my love of a prospect. I got hip to Richardson a few games into the 2012 season. A friend of a friend who went to Mizzu told me to check him out. He is my number one guy for us. I like the other 3 too but Richardson would be DROY for us. Id trade 1st, 2nd and 5th to get him.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they fall:
Joeckel
Fisher
Star
Floyd
Richardson
Vaccaro (to the late teens/early 20s)
Cooper (same as Vac)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The smart trade up move isn't in round 1 because of draft position point values, but it is a possibility in round 2 if a player TT thought about drafting in round 1 is still available in mid-round 2, like Lacy or Dante Jones.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AaronCharles wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:

This.

Are you guys serious?

Good grief.

Most of these guys listed will not be available to our reach with a trade up using a 2nd.

This is true because they are very good players.

Very good players are, many times, worth trading up for.

Rookies make SIGNIFICANTLY less than free agents. Last year pick 15 got 4 years, 9 million.

It's pretty absurd to say there's no one in the class worth trading up for. Absolutely there is, but it's highly unlikely any will be available by the time we reach a spot in the draft GB could realistically trade up to.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
The smart trade up move isn't in round 1 because of draft position point values, but it is a possibility in round 2 if a player TT thought about drafting in round 1 is still available in mid-round 2, like Lacy or Dante Jones.

I think it should be a priority to get as many picks between like 35 and 100 in this draft.

That's where I see value.

So, a trade down and another trade-up, how I outlined in my last mach draft, for example.
pmikep

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade DOWN not up !!!!!!
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmikep wrote:
Trade DOWN not up !!!!!!

Not mutually exclusive events.

Don't both throughout the draft when the value is right.
byzr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would trade up for:
Star
Richardson
torn about the top tackles cause i don't think that's a true NEED for us but Joeckel and Fisher are top talents

i'm not willing to give up anything in future drafts. personally i think our biggest need is in the d-line. safety being the next place of need.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is fun to think about.

Trade up for a game changer type player. Yay!

NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
The only guy I'd REALLY want to move up for is Tavon... If not just sit back and wait to see who slips...

I just don't see why we'd give up more than a first for someone with a mold we already have. Tavon is explosive as hell, potentially a better version of Cobb, but I'm content with that group. Wasting picks on stacking an already solid group would be a poor choice.

which is exactly why if there's anyone to trade up for it's Eifert. I was watching the ESPN On the Clock special last night and they were all clamoring about how this draft was a "meat and potatoes" draft. I just don't see what the point in trading up in this draft. Some have suggested Vaccaro who has some injury concerns and didn't run fast at all. I honestly think he's the benefactor of a very weak safety class. None of this year's Safeties except for Shamarko Thomas and Eric Reid have the kind of speed we look for in the defensive backfield.

I'm with a lot of people on this. If Eifert isn't there at 26, trade down and yes, get as many picks between 35-100.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on if they fall or not, but I would trade up for Star/Richardson/Floyd/Ansah if they fall past Tennessee. Joeckle and Fisher.................I really don't want to see us trade up for an OT. If we trade up it better be for a guy that will have a massive impact, not an offensive linemen where we have depth at the position. If Sherrod doesn't pan out, we're in deep ish...but I will take that risk and see what happens. We still have holes RIGHT NOW at Safety, RB, C and we will have future holes at DE, WR, TE. Burnett is a UFA after this year too, correct? So that would leave MD Jennings as the safety with the most experience on the roster.... Brick wall

Sig brought to you by Justo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: