Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players to trade up for in the 1st round
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackMan22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Players to trade up for in the 1st round Reply with quote

Which players would you trade up for and how much would you give to get them?

To me the price to go into the top 10 is too high and I don't see a big enough hole on our team to do so, barring some ridiculous circumstance (even if Joeckel got to 6, the price would be at least this 1, next years 1 and maybe this years 2, and that's too rich for me).

A few possibilities that are within the realm of possibly slipping to a point where we could get them:
Star Lotulelei- if he gets out if the top 10, doesn't make it past Carolina at 14. So if wanted him 13 is the lowest we could get him. If we could get there for our 1st, 2nd, and a 6th, but that's about the most I would pay. Guys like Williams, Jones, or Hankins will be there at 26 and any steeper price isn't worth it to me.

Kenny Vaccaro- this is the really interesting one to me. The draft is deep with safety talent, but Vaccaro is a tier above the rest and his coverage ability (exactly the mold we need at S IMO) makes him unique. He is all but guaranteed to be gone by 26, and could even sneak into the top 10. But if he makes it past St Louis at 16 Dallas at 18, there's no way he gets past STL again at 22. So the sweet spot for him is around 20. It would cost our 1st and 3rd to get there but it might be worth it. He would allow Butnett to play SS, where I think he fits best, upgrading both our safety spots with one move.

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give our 1st and 2nd to move up for Richardson, if we could get maybe a 4th in return as well. I'd give our 1st and 3rd for Vacarro. If Floyd or Star fall I'd give our 1st and 2nd to grab one of them as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys who could fall out of 10-15 id trade up for. Star, Cooper, Richardson
pollino14

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one of the three DTs tbh, Shariff/Sheldon and Star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think i'd give up more than a 1st and 2nd this year.

I would give up a 1st and 2nd to get the following guys (who might be around at 15 but unlikely):
Tavon Austin
Sheldon Richardson
Ziggy Ansah
Tank Carradine
Dion Jordan
Star Lotulelei

guys I would trade a 1st and 3rd to move up for a shot at:
Sharrif Floyd
Alec Ogletree
Xavier Rhodes
Cordarrelle Patterson
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on who is at 26, I have actually thought about trading out. Not back, but instead into next year. I like how next year looks. Maybe set ourselves up with ammunition to get a game changer.
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheldon Richardson and Star are 2 names I would absolutely freak out about. With all the talk about teams trying to trade down, I'm hoping TT makes a move if the price isn't too steep.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson, Star, Joeckel and Fischer are the 4 I would call every team for and offer them a little something for the pick.

I am not a Floyd guy, but would obviously be justified.

Mabye Jordan and Ansah would be the only other two I would consider.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
packattack86

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star
Sheldon
Floyd
Vaccaro
Warmack/Cooper
Lane Johnson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Depending on who is at 26, I have actually thought about trading out. Not back, but instead into next year. I like how next year looks. Maybe set ourselves up with ammunition to get a game changer.

I would actually really like that pending on who is sitting there. I think we could still get some solid players in rounds two and three and cash in big time next year.

As for guys I wouldn't hate trading up for I think the only two guys would be Star and Dion Jordan. Can't imagine any of them get in their range but if the started to slide a big I would hope TT considers a move.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not spend over a 4th to trade up for any player other than Cooper or Lotulelei.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only guy I'd REALLY want to move up for is Tavon... If not just sit back and wait to see who slips...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
The only guy I'd REALLY want to move up for is Tavon... If not just sit back and wait to see who slips...

I just don't see why we'd give up more than a first for someone with a mold we already have. Tavon is explosive as hell, potentially a better version of Cobb, but I'm content with that group. Wasting picks on stacking an already solid group would be a poor choice.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can almost not believe a thread like this exists. This is definitely not the kinda draft you want to give away picks from rounds 2-4 to get the "top end" talent. I really don't see the kinda difference between the prospects especially given that I don't think the Pack has the same depth we've had from 2010 and 2011 seasons.

It's my belief that the Pack could get 3-4 rookies that will make some positive impact out of this draft for this years squad. In 3 years the number could be 4-5 players that are either starters or have prominent roles. Trade picks and you look at only one guy worth while this year (maybe forcing young guys in bad situations) and 2-3 years from now being lucky if 2 guys were on the team.

With the Rodgers contract, Mathew's contract and many others, the only way to have a good team is to HAVE the picks to draft with and develop. We need the cheap rookie deals to stay competitive and force the kinda competition the roster needs to get better.

If the Pack traded up in this draft I'd be pretty disappointed. It's the kinda desperate move GM Sherman would do because he felt forced to do it.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd Cool

PSN: ShiiNyIV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: