Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

J-Deeres last mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: J-Deeres last mock Reply with quote

1- Arthur Brown LB Kansas St

Can play all 3 LB positions, something that Marvin and Zim covet in their LBers. He projects best at WLB, so if the switch of Burfict to the middle and Rey to the strong side happens, it will work out best. He has such range and speed, is a sure tackler, and has good coverage ability. A great pick in my mind.

2- DJ Swearinger S South Carolina

I know some of you aren't as high on him as me. I see him as the next great safety prospect. He plays with such passion and is a true playmaker. He longs to blow up runners and has the speed to matchup with players in the slot. He is the best all around safety besides Vaccarro or Cyprien in this draft. He is what Taylor Mays will never be.

2- Andre Ellington RB Clemson

Is the best all around speed back in this class IMO. Yes he has had injury concerns, but his homerun ability is enough to take a chance on. He has return ability, great hands, and has great vision. Would be a great compliment to BJGE.

3. Oday Aboushi RT Virginia

Played LT in college, but needs to switch to the right side in the pros. He has great size and strength and would excel in our scheme. Can learn behind Collins or whoever starts at RT until he is ready to take over.

4. Corey Fuller X-WR Virginia Tech

Player with great speed that can stretch the field. Has big play ability, but needs to work on route running and consistency. Would be great in the return game and provide another playmaker on offense.

5. Jon Bostic MLB Florida

Is good in coverage and has big play ability. Needs to work on being more consistent. Has trouble shredding blocks, but has the frame to put on more bulk.

6. Adrian Bushell Nickel CB Louisville

Very quick and closes to the ball well. Has KR ability and good ball skills. Needs to add more weight and become a more consistent tackler.

6. Armonty Byrant LDE East Central

Character issues drops him a lot. Has the ability to be a good player, needs to mature and stay out of trouble. Boom or bust player the Bengals love to draft late.

7. PJ Lonergan C LSU

Football smart and blue collar player. Not the best athlete but wont be for not trying. Can push for backup spot or PS.

7. Alex Carder QB Western Michigan

Brought in to compete at the QB position. Is smart and a good fit for the WCO.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deere I might just lose it if this was the draft. Brown is #3 on my big board, Swearinger #29 and each guys I really like.

I even love the under the radar picks. Corey Fuller is my favorite WR prospect in this class. Silky smooth player who wasn't even playing football before he came to VT, he was only running track at Kansas. Great athlete, tracks the football well and he's a talented wideout who can stretch the field too.

Bostic; you hit the nail on the head, struggles getting off blocks. I don't like him much but in round five he's fine. Bushell is another sleeper type. He has really quick feet and is an elite blitzer as a slot corner, he'll find a role in the NFL.

Bryant is great, I don't like Longeran but it's a seventh round pick.

Only choice I'm not a fan of is Aboushi. He simply doesn't have a mean streak. Also has a tendency to be beat with inside moves, causes a lot of issues in pass protection. With that said he does have potential, good feet, some potential.

But wow would I love this draft.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall really like this mock. I would prefer Franklin to Ellington if he was there but overall really like this. First 2 picks are fantastic

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Hokie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming no LB is brought in (Dansby or Harrison), I can definitely get on board with Brown at 21. He probably fits best at WLB in the NFL (little small for the middle or SAM, IMO). Would allow the Bengals to move Tez to the middle and Rey to SLB, which I would definitely be in favor of. I like this pick.

I like Swearinger, but not as much as you or ark, obviously. I prefer Cyprien, Elam, and Reid all over Swearinger to be honest. He ran a 4.65 40, and I have doubts about his coverage abilities. He is a great in the box safety though. And I'd be surprised if he isn't available at 53.

Love Ellington at 53. Outstanding pick.

Really like Aboushi here. He profiles as a RT and needs to get stronger. Could be a starter by 2014. Good pick here, especially if Andre isn't re-signed and the plan is to go with Collins this year.

Fuller has a great size-speed combo, but is extremely raw. Just started playing football two years ago (at the college level). Is definitely a developmental pick; anyone who has high expectations for him in 2013 will probably be disappointed. If he progresses as a route-runner this could turn out to be a steal.

Bostic would be outstanding value in the 5th round. Really like this pick.

Don't like the Bushell pick. He doesn't profile to be more than a nickel corner and I doubt he'd make the roster. But it's a 6th round pick; I'm probably nitpicking at this point.

Bryant is a good pick here. Like you said, boom or bust. That's fine for the 6th round.

Lonergan is a good pick here; he could possibly push Robinson. Probably a PS squad guy though.

Not high on Carder, but considering we're at the tail-end of the draft at this point, I think I'll live.

All in all, a very good draft. I'd like to see a WR taken who could make a more immediate impact, but that's my only real problem with this draft. Could definitely live with this draft.

Last edited by Hokie on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hokie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and ark, do you have Brown as your #3 guy overall or #3 guy who could be available at 21?
ark23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
Oh, and ark, do you have Brown as your #3 guy overall or #3 guy who could be available at 21?
#3 guy on my big board.

1 - Star Lotulelei / DT / Utah
2 - Chance Warmack / OG / Alabama
3 - Arthur Brown / LB / Kansas State
4 - Jonathan Cooper / OG / UNC
5 - Sheldon Richardson / DT / Mizzou

That's the first tier of my big board.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've done this for years now, the bengals usually draft 1 or 2 of the guys I predict but I wouldn't expect anything like this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: